Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The last supper...

I had a steak as it will be a long time before I get it again ..But I lost 23 pounds on the 2 week liquid diet

I had two, my favorite home cooked meal and fast food.

Home cooked meal was Mac and cheese, roast chicken and rice & peas.

Fast food was shake shack, double cheeseburger, with cheese fries and a strawberry shake.< /p>

The idea of the fast food gives me an upset stomach thinking about it now!

I had a steak as it will be a long time before I get it again ..But I lost 23 pounds on the 2 week liquid diet

I have steak at least once a week starting at 6 weeks.

I made all of my favorite appetizers and ate myself sick lol.

WOW! You are rather inspirational! My surgery was postponed 6 weeks out, and I'm mopping. Was on high Protein no carb and no fruit. So I added the fruit back in and now have carb cravings again. What I should do is like you and stick to the plan...Bravo!

I had a Protein shake.

I started my pre-op diet a month early because I was anxious to get started on weight loss. I also know how hungry and miserable I used to be after a huge binge day and I didn't want to do that to myself as I was prepping for surgery. I followed my NUT's plan for 6 months, started my pre-op and had no problems transitioning down to low carb, high Protein and then all liquids.

:)

I had one binging session 3 months prior to the surgery, when I was on my NUT eating plan. Next day I felt horrible about it and decided there is no way I would do that again, because I didn't want to feel bad about anything related to what I hoped to be the best decision in my life. :)

From that point I sticked to my pre-op diet and now I feel the same about the post-op one.

I made all of my favorite appetizers and ate myself sick lol.

So here is the cool thing about my sleeve. I LOVED LOVED LOVED appetizers and often had what we called "bar food" night at my house.

I STILL love appetizers and now I have an excuse to order them at restaurants and make them at home more frequently because bite sized portions are perfect for me. I can't eat nearly as much but I ALWAYS have apps. Saves me a ton of $$ when dining out, too.

WOW! You are rather inspirational! My surgery was postponed 6 weeks out, and I'm mopping. Was on high Protein no carb and no fruit. So I added the fruit back in and now have carb cravings again. What I should do is like you and stick to the plan...Bravo!

I had a Protein shake.

I started my pre-op diet a month early because I was anxious to get started on weight loss. I also know how hungry and miserable I used to be after a huge binge day and I didn't want to do that to myself as I was prepping for surgery. I followed my NUT's plan for 6 months, started my pre-op and had no problems transitioning down to low carb, high protein and then all liquids.< /p>

:)

That's exactly WHY I did it. I was supposed to have surgery mid April and the doctor's office "forgot" to submit my paperwork. I pushed it and had it scheduled mid May but I started my pre-op on the date my original surgery dictated. I was determined to get to where I am now and I don't regret it.

I have steak at least once a week starting at 6 weeks.
wow I dont get it until I am 6 month out and I am just just going to be 2 months on Oct 4

I HAD MEXICAN. I DIDN'T LOOK AT IT AS MY LAST MEAL THOUGH. AFTER SURGERY WHILE I WAS GOING NUTS LOL, I DID HAVE THOUGHTS LIKE, I SHOULD'VE EATEN THIS OR I SHOULD'VE EATEN THAT....BUT I GOT OVER IT.

I started my liquid diet the day I got back from vacation. I was so worried about gaining weight during my vacation that I started the diet 4 days early. By this point, I was so excited and so ready to start my weight loss, I didn't even think about all the foods I was never going to eat again. I had made my peace to food throughout my 6 month process. Of course, I was under the impression that I would not be allowed to have surgery if I weighed more than I weighed on my initial appointment. It wasn't until AFTER my surgery that I found out it really was I couldn't weigh more than I did on my surgery consult (one week prior to surgery)...but I am glad I didn't know that at the time or I would have eaten everything.

Wow, this is a hot topic! How interesting it is that some of us needed to have that last binge to get it out of the system, and others didn’t want to because it would just need to be undone with more dieting.

I didn’t have much of a “last supper.” It wasn’t so much because I was afraid of the consequences, but because I was just sick of my old self and eating habits. I was ready to move forward.

Astrosgirl, whatever you decided, I hope it was great! Good luck with your pre-op diet and surgery – let us know how it goes.

I didn't have a "last supper" I immediately started a liquid diet two weeks prior to surgery. I had zero appetite just like now. My situation was a bit different. I lost 159lb on weight watchers kept if off for 8 years had a horrible injury gained weight and decided to go this route. So I haven't had a splurge since 2006 lol enjoy