Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The last supper...

Tonight is the last supper I will have in a while... Tomorrow I start my two week liquid diet prior to surgery and my hubby has asked me what I want for dinner. He will take me wherever I want to go.. Problem is, I don't know what I want! Lol!

Steak sounds good but so does Italian..

What did you guys eat on that last day? How did you feel? I know I feel a little sad, food funeral for sure. I am questioning whether this is really what I need to do in order to finally be healthy, and I know it is, but I still can't help thinking about it. Little emotional today for sure!!

I went to pizza but, had EVERYTHING, including hot cookiedough.

Twas yum!

I had a Protein shake.

I started my pre-op diet a month early because I was anxious to get started on weight loss. I also know how hungry and miserable I used to be after a huge binge day and I didn't want to do that to myself as I was prepping for surgery. I followed my NUT's plan for 6 months, started my pre-op and had no problems transitioning down to low carb, high Protein and then all liquids.

:)

lol...pizza but...kinda a slip as to where it goes :P

My food funeral went on for about 1 month and I gained back weight I'd lost over several months beforehand.

At this point I'm glad I did it, as I lost 30 pounds on my liquid diet and largely because my Dr was so furious about my last minute gain.

I ate everything in sight during that month and was so ready to clamp down and get serious afterward.

No regrets ...

I did/am doing the same thing for the last few weeks before surgery. Just eating mostly whatever. I'm ready to buckle down in a few weeks for surgery and beyond

Edited by pr_pitbullgrl

I had an entire last week, forget one last supper, lol. I think I gained like 6-7 pounds that last week, which I then lost my first week of fluids before sugery. I had cake, Pasta, pizza, Cookies, the list goes on...I feel a litte sick thinking about all of that, but hey, I say enjoy your last supper...you won't get another one where you can really eat things you like (in tiny portions) for a few weeks and optimally you will never be able to eat that much again.

Chinese food. Steak and peppers lo-mein and crab rangoons.

I went to an all-you-can-eat sushi place. It was delicious, but I was pretty miserable afterwards because I ordered quite a few tempura-style rolls for my last hurrah. It made me even more ready to buckle down the next day and get down to business.

Even if you don't do something terribly indulgent, enjoy yourself. The next two weeks will be fine, but it'll be nice to have a little date night with your hubby before you turn cranky from all the liquids :)

I think I'm like most ... before the pre-op diet began... I ate my way around town ! I had a list of all the things I wanted to eat before I couldn't anymore ... and I got to all of them ... some in duplicate ! :)

I agree with @@AvaFern ... ENJOY IT ! Because you wont be able to eat those quantities ever again ... and some of the food you shouldn't eat ever again ...

I know it's daunting ... BUT IT'S WORTH IT !!!

We all can attest to that !

Best of luck !!! :)

I had a hard time enjoying food once I made the decision to do this "again". I was so pissed that my band needed to be replaced. In retrospect I wish I'd had a big bowl of Pasta or rice. Those are the only things I haven't been able to eat. Maybe a burger ON a bun. No room for that now. Maybe white bread since that is a problem too. Other than that I can eat everything well in small portions. My experience is that I haven't missed anything or felt deprived at 3 months out. Maybe that will change for me. Maybe it's because I can eat way more textures than I could with the lap band. In any case enjoy what you want for a night!

My favorite mexican restaurant with margaritas

It is good to see that I am not alone in this. Currently I am still sitting at home waiting on hubby to get here. I beat him home from work.

I have yet to decide what I want. I think I am just tired from being at work all day and I just really want to stay in and order something... But I know we may not have a chance to do this for a while, so I guess we will be the idiots driving around town asking each other where we want to eat! Lol