Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Doctor faked my surgery!

I was sleeved on Sept 10, 2015 ...well at least that's what I was told. I have the scars and even felt some discomfort in my stomach lacerations. 2 night hospital stay and all.

Here's why I'm questioning if surgery was done.

I had little to no pain after surgery. It felt more like discomfort. Lots of gas. I was able to walk and continue to walk every two hours while in the hospital no problem. Since my surgery I have not experienced ANY of the issues I have read about. I have been able to get 64 ounces of fluids in daily since my surgery. Protein shakes..no problem. Today I introduced meats. I was able to eat 3 ounces chewing 30 to 40 times of course during the course of 30 minutes. I was able to get in 3 ounces of sugar free pudding while still getting in my Water with absolutely no feeling of fullness or discomfort. Now. I do not plan to push it and do more than 2 servings of meat and 2 servings of shakes a day but I will slowly increase as time goes on.

So has anyone else experience symptom free after being sleeved or should I call my doctor and ask for proof she performed surgery???

Edited by tblovingme

I'm not sure if this post is serious, joking or trolling.

A lot of people aren't miserable and tolerate food very well. I was able to see my sleeve and intestines live on screen during my swallow test, I know it happened. I wasn't miserable like a lot of people.

As more and more younger people have surgery we are going to see more people with less post op issues, and as doctors get better at surgery.

Edited by OutsideMatchInside

I had a relatively easy recovery, too.

It was a challenge getting in my Protein and fluids, especially early out, but I just keep sipping.

Everyone has different thresholds for pain, different surgeon's, and different reactions and recoveries.

Count me in the easy recovery camp.

Don't call your Dr just call yourself lucky.....

Not everyone has a difficult time. My surgery was easy a well. No real pain, just soreness. It felt like I did 100 situps the day before and my abs were sore, but that's it. No issues with gas, nausea, vomiting etc...., walked in recovery, tolerated everything I've tried to drink or eat. No need for pains meds. It's just the painful people are more vocal.

Great. Sounds like I got lucky. The horror stories had me really on my toes about everything and when I didn't get not one issue I starting really wondering.

Thanks for the input. I guess I should shut up and be thankful..lol

I'm not sure if this post is serious, joking or trolling.

A lot of people aren't miserable and tolerate food very well. I was able to see my sleeve and intestines live on screen during my swallow test, I know it happened. I wasn't miserable like a lot of people.

As more and more younger people have surgery we are going to see more people with less post op issues, and as doctors get better at surgery.

you know, when I was in the hospital, I had so little pain and had such an easy time walking that I questioned if my doctor did anything more than just make a few cuts in my tummy. My recovery at home was also great, no tummy issues, no nausea, no real pain other than in the main incision on occasion. I had no problem getting my Water in, I was always very thirsty. I just couldn't choke down much in the way of Protein shakes.

I've read some real horror stories here, so just be happy you're having an easy time, I know I am

In a sense I'm joking. I'm pretty sure my surgeon performed the surgery. My expectation about the aftermath was a lot worse than I experienced. The way things seemed during all the classes and even talking to other sleevers..I was going to wish I never had it done because of pain, nausea, vomitung, not able to get fluids in, etc. Total opposite!!!!

you know, when I was in the hospital, I had so little pain and had such an easy time walking that I questioned if my doctor did anything more than just make a few cuts in my tummy. My recovery at home was also great, no tummy issues, no nausea, no real pain other than in the main incision on occasion. I had no problem getting my Water in, I was always very thirsty. I just couldn't choke down much in the way of Protein shakes.

I've read some real horror stories here, so just be happy you're having an easy time, I know I am

Yes. I'm blessed and happy to know others had good success as well.

Until you have proof that your doctor faked your surgery, I think your thread header should end with a question mark and not be a declarative statement.

It appears that you are jumping to conclusions and might want to consider that you could be committing libel.

Are you right to wonder? Perhaps. You sound as though you've already convinced yourself. Asking for a copy of your leak test might be a way to get the truth without burning your bridges with your bariatric team.

Whatever you decide, don't act from a position of hunger, anger or fatigue. Just my opinion but then you did ask us .

OP posted her response just as I posted mine. Seems she's less stressed now so let's move on to something else.

I told my doc that I could feel the Water and liquids in a weird way after surgery and that was the only thing I was sure had changed. I joked with him about how all he did was poke me with a stick and call it good. He assured me that he had done surgery and it's very evident but I totally get how you're feeling.

Sounds like my surgery and recovery.

This may be a first ... drama because there was no drama. ;)

I expected alot based on the feedback some had, thankfully mines was smooth sailing as well, i expected the worse ..only thing that happen is i vomited after i took the leak test, that drink was horrific.