Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm at around 8-9 months out from surgery. Have really liked what it's done, but we're coming right up on the one year mark, and I seem to be in a stall. I'm still eating small portions of stuff, but wondering if there's something I can tweak to make this more effective. Since about two months ago, the weight loss has really slowed down to where it's about 2 lbs per month. A bummer, because I'd like to hit 100 lbs by the one year mark if I could.

Has anyone noticed that increasing Protein intake (which is hard if you're trying to get in 60g+ per day) helps with the weight loss?

I'm also drinking wine a couple times per week, so I wonder if this has a significant impact on keeping it from losing.

How many calories and carbs are you eating each day? What is your net caloric deficit? Are you weighing/measuring all your food so you know exactly how much you are taking in?

Wine can make a difference. A good way to get an idea if it is to track your food (weight, measure, and record everything).

Have you talked with your NUT? Increasing your Protein may help. But without knowing what you are eating, I wouldn't recommend changes without knowing more about what you are doing.

Are you exercising?

Are you eating healthy carbs, or are you eating a lot of starches?

Are you drinking enough Water? (Even despite the extra calories in wine, you would still need to drink more Water to offset the dehydration caused by wine.)

Why not make an appointment with your NUT to check in and see what he or she recommends?

Go back on the pre-op liquid diet for a couple of weeks until you begin losing again. Once your weight loss resumes then keep a very close eye on your carbs.

I had a similiar experience in a similar timeframe... weight loss slowed to a crawl, like 1-3# a month. Not good when you still have alot to lose. I had to re-examine things with the help of the nutrionalist. I have been called names on this forum for suggesting that during weight loss phase, to get the most out of it, you really skip stuff like booze etc - empty calories. In my case, it was over indulgence in Protein bars - all those calories and carbs! and then just lots of little things had crept back in my diet...

I was able to turn it around and get back to losing that 10-12 pounds a month so i lost 150#, made it to goal in 14 months. Had I not started detail logging and resetting my behavior, I would not have made goal, I am quite sure of it. I always tell people I had to do hand to hand combat with that last 40# or so....

I went back to basics regarding food and introduced HIIT (high intensity interval training) for my fitness as i had been stuck in an exercise rut too.

@@CowgirlJane Thank you for the information. I was following this thread and am so grateful for vets who share what helped them!

I had my surgery too in Dec. 14 and have slowed down a lot but am still losing at least 2 pounds per week. I had a Nut. apt yesterday and she said I am actually ahead of schedule as far as how much I have lost at this point. Just keep it up and you will get moving again.

Maybe I need to log it into MyFitnessPal and start watching it again. I did make contact with my NUT, and she had suggested to get at least 60 G of Protein in per day (I'd mistakenly thought it was 30); she said something about the body hanging onto weight with not enough Protein or something.

The exercise...don't know what to say about that. I'm lucky if I get two days of exercise per week, I'm just so exhausted. I just got a job in central Texas (humid/hot) and am up for work and traveling from about 6:00 am to 6:00 p.m., then working overtime some weekends. I just don't know right now how I can summon the energy to get fitness in, which is why I hope for the time being the dietary factors will be enough.

My weight tends to go something like......down 2 lbs....up 1 lb.....down 4 lbs....up 3 lbs.....it kind of fluctuates with a downward trend like that, it's weird. I had a nice weight loss for 6 months or so...think I went down around 65 lbs total...but don't want to get too complacent and just call it done with this.

Go back on the pre-op liquid diet for a couple of weeks until you begin losing again. Once your weight loss resumes then keep a very close eye on your carbs.

This is an interesting idea. Let me ask you this--if I do the liquid diet and lose it like this, do you think that weight will come right back on when I go back on normal foods? The reason I'm asking is because that was how it was before surgery, but then again, maybe after surgery once the pounds are off, they're off for good.

I think I'll run this idea by my NUT. Even a modified form of it--like substituting two meals for liquid Protein shakes--is a thought.

Maybe I need to log it into MyFitnessPal and start watching it again. I did make contact with my NUT, and she had suggested to get at least 60 G of Protein in per day (I'd mistakenly thought it was 30); she said something about the body hanging onto weight with not enough Protein or something.

The exercise...don't know what to say about that. I'm lucky if I get two days of exercise per week, I'm just so exhausted. I just got a job in central Texas (humid/hot) and am up for work and traveling from about 6:00 am to 6:00 p.m., then working overtime some weekends. I just don't know right now how I can summon the energy to get fitness in, which is why I hope for the time being the dietary factors will be enough.

My weight tends to go something like......down 2 lbs....up 1 lb.....down 4 lbs....up 3 lbs.....it kind of fluctuates with a downward trend like that, it's weird. I had a nice weight loss for 6 months or so...think I went down around 65 lbs total...but don't want to get too complacent and just call it done with this.

Based on your post and you NUTs advice, this is your answer:

Track your food and make sure you are getting enough protein (no maybes about it).

Make time for some exercise.

Cut out, or cut back on, the empty calories like wine.

Wow, only aiming for 30 grams of Protein, I am surprised you have lost as much as you have up to now. Your body must be starving.

I have never seen anyone with a Protein goal of less than 60 grams.

I ordered some powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury and am going to start adding Protein powder to stuff. Don't get me wrong, Protein is the main component of my daily diet. I have lots of yogurt, cheese sticks, etc.