Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pregnant and Banded...come join me!

Thanks everyone!

haha No I have been so swollen with fluids I didnt dare get on the scale yet. I dont want to be upset by the number! I am going to get a fill in about 3 weeks. I wanted to get this breast feeding thing down pat a bit more and adjust to being a mom before getting filled again. Cameron weighed in at 8 lbs 13 oz (smaller than we thought) and he was 20.5 inches long. Its funny but my cousin was exactly the same numbers when she was born. Cameron is feeding every two hours at the moment, so sleep is what I am lacking in a big way. He is pretty much asleep now, so guess what I am going to do! hehe nite nite all!

Candice he is AMAZING! I just want to cuddle him, he is soooo cute! Congratz hun! I am sorry you had such a huge scare at delivery time. I am glad to hear everything turned out ok! WoW! I even told my DH what happened to you, and a look of horror crossed his face! I hope you are feeling much better and healing well! Get some rest, and once again Congratz, you did an awesome job!

~Raynie!

Alrighty guys, I went to the Doctor today and the rash was fungal! Glad I didnt listen to my mom and just let it go and let it heal on its own! lol! You shoulda seen the doctors face, she was like "how LONG have you had that!" I was like 2 weeks or so...she was so surprised that I put up with the pain for that long...I mean it was irritable and it REALLY did hurt, but once you get it in your mind that its nothing its more bearable I suppose???? Apparently this is common in people that are diabetic so they checked my blood sugar, and it came out normal (THANK GOD!) And I had to pee in a cup to check for Protein because my blood pressure was high (contrary to it being extremely low Friday!) UGH! These hormones I got are gonna kill me lol!! Turns out I had a pretty bad UTI too and I didnt even know! Like I had absolutely NO symptoms...weird! I have my gestational diabetes test Monday, I just hope it comes back normal...Im so scared of diabetes...period....and Ive had more than one scare where I was exhibiting symptoms of diabetes, but upon more testing wasnt...so Im just hoping everything comes out normal...that was one of the main reasons I had the surgery was to try to prevent diabetes, and Ive had like 3 scares since I lost the weight and none while I was at my biggest! ironic huh?? Anyways, thought I would keep yall updated...UGH reality is setting in, and I have to keep myself calm...I keep realizing that at the end of the semester I will have a baby...that it HAS to come out somehow (either way cant be too comfy lol) and that I will be a mommy...thats a scary thought for someone who never planned on having children...EVER! I happier than Ive ever been in my entire life, I actually feel like I have a purpose and so forth, and that feels great...but Im still scared and nervous with all the usual pregnancy stuff...maybe I watch too much Discovery, DHealth, and TLC LOL!!!

I went to the chiropractor today also, my disk keeps slipping, but its getting SO much better than what it was a week ago!!! And Im so glad, Im hoping to do some light chores tomorrow and get ready to put the crib in my room Sunday...Im pretty excited about getting the room more baby-style. I asked the Dr why my butt was hurting, if I needed to be more active or something, and he said no to keep on taking it pretty easy, and that my pelvis had shifted....he said that although its bothersome now, that its gonna help SOOOO much that Im this flexible and that things are getting out of the way when I do go to deliver the baby...he said it should speed things up a little and make everything a little bit more bearable. Atleast it has a purpose...but anyways, Im gonna try to do some stuff around the house tomorrow because I go back to the chiropractor Friday morning, so atleast if I screw anything up and he can fix it again Friday before the weekend lol! But I know mom is going insane without me being able to due much of anything...

P.S. Im so addicted to the heating pad, I turn it on high and cuddle up and go to sleep...Ive been sleeping better than Ive slept in a long time, and Im in a freakin recliner!!! Thats sad, we are re-evaluating my mattress situation this weekend also lol! And I have apparently burned myself with the heating pad! I guess when i was asleep today my pants went down and my shirt came up and I fell DEAD asleep before it got REALLY hot...I took the best nap I have taken in SOOO long today, it was WONDERFUL!!! Anyways, lol! Im rambling, so Im going to go to sleep with the heating pad on medium....Im sure the burn will be gone in the morning because it wasnt that bad....

Jodie I think I have the same rash. It came up yesterday and it is painful! I go to the doctor today at 4 so i am anxious to see what she says. I also hope she says I am dilated. If not she will come on the 27th I guess as scheduled. She has dropped. I feel like her head is right between my legs which is a new feeling for me. My DD was was transverse s I never had that feeling!

well heres update.....

went for growth scan to check baby doing okay.... with me losing all this weight

would you believe it he is big ,hes measuring 33 weeks and 3 days and im 32weeks and 2 days and his estimated weight 4lb 120z,,geez he almost 5lbs already !!!!!!!

he also has great muscle tone and doing breathing movements practising (i didnt know they do that ) also very strong heart i dont think there is any worrys about him he going to be just fine which i was so worried as i lost another two pound which takes my total to 102 lbs and 38lbs throughtout pregnancy, i reached my original goal weight ,which i revised as i thought it too high .

as for me im feeling alot better think its a lot to do with the relief that babs is fine worry can make you so ill .i go back to doc next week about my bloods to see how my body coping with all this but im much more positive, time is growing ever nearer til my little man is born ,then i will build back my strength !!

had to tell you this,,,,, as i thought it give you laugh ,my last antibiotic gave me thrush and i gave it to hubby and the next day we both in bits he was in meetings go mad with itch so i got the cream for him and pessary for me and we set to work trying to clear it but we still a little sore and itchy and so for valentines as well as my dozen roses i got a loving text message that went like this .............

roses are red

violets are blue

im itchy as hell

but il itch for you !!

aww now isnt that sweet poor guy in bits but still loves me !!

Just got home from doctor. Still not dialated and she is breech as well. So this baby is not coming until the 27th. She is going to make me wait it out.

Jodi- turns out I had an infection after all. YUCK!!!!!!!

I got a surprise Ultrasound today! I was having left side pain, and I saw my dr in the hallway at work, (I am a nurse!) I told him and he ordered me an ultrasound and booked me an hour later! My little bean is fine and in the uterus right where it should be!=) YEAH!!! I saw the heartbeat too!

Nikki glad your little boy is growing well! WOW I cant imagine what it will be like for you after you have this baby! You are going to be shocked when you see yourself in the mirror! Smokin! LOL

Sorry for all you rashy girls! It is defintely part of pg! I hate to tell you this but I ended up with a rash in the strangest places, (behind my knees, my fingers etc) that lasted 4 years! It was hormone related! It sucked so bad! I actually have it somewhat back now! ERRRRR there is only one cream that works and you cant take it during pg!!!!!!!!! WHAAAAAA!

Im using lamisil or something like that, its OTC because Im preggers, but it is helping already! its atleast got the burning and dry skin under control, which was the worst part :thumbup: Its not like anyone sees that part of me anyways lol! Hell I cant even see it unless I look in a mirror...This cream I have is actually for athletes foot and jock itch ahahhaha!!! But its GREAT!

Happy Valentine's Day BTW Yall! lol! I totally forgot to wish yall that :thumbup: Surprisingly, it hasnt been the sad day it usually is...My late grandfather LOVED V-Day for some reason, and so it usually makes me sad...that and I am kinda single, knocked up and alone on V-Day....however for some reason, Ive still kept a pretty happy face today...dont get me wrong, Ive thought about all this all day, but for some reason it just cant get me down. Last night I was a little funky-mooded (word? lol) but today hasnt been so bad surprisingly. Besides the love of my life is in my belly growing healthy and big and strong and beautiful!! Whats there not to be happy about any day? Especially on the day that represents love! <3 love you ladies, hope your day was great

hey Ladies!

Sorry to hear about all the rashes. I am fortunate I guess, never had that. My only issue was stomach acid, which went away around 3 months, but NOW its back! I think I might have an ulcer. Anyways, I finally stepped on the scales. I had gained 57 lbs last weigh in before I ended up in the hospital, and today I was down 32 lbs and it hasnt even been 2 weeks since his birth! I also dont have much of a fill right now either, which I go for in 2 more weeks. I am pretty happy!

Rayne, my baby was the talk of the hospital! LOL I went out for lunch with my hubby last sunday and ran into some friends, and they had "heard about the baby born with cord and hands around the neck" Of course they didn t know it was my son, but yeah, I think he shocked many around here!

I have to say being a first time mom is wonderfull, but very exhausting as well. We just had Cameron Circumsized yesterday ( what a horrible thing for a mom to watch!) Daddy was pretty insistant that is son "look" like him so we had it done. I think I cried more than he did! Just very happy that they use anethestic. It is so hard to change his diaper and see that swollen red penis like that. Breaks my heart! However, he doesnt even seem to notice. I am giving him some baby tylenol as per docs orders, but he didnt even need any last night, he slept so well! I did give him some today, he has been pretty unhappy today, so I have been giving him the meds so he would sleep. He has never been awake for more than an hour at a time and today he was up for almost 5! Then he only slept for an hour before he was awake and hungry. I think I finally have him sleeping in a "good" sleep now.

Bex, your baby will come!! Let's hope not as LATE as I was! Maybe it will be a "leap year" baby and born on the 29th!

Candice

Nursery.JPGHi All!

I haven't posted in a while, but so far things are going well. I'm 26 weeks pregnant and honestly wish I was like 34. I'm ready! So far, I have gained less than 10 lbs but I eat all the time. I never thought I'd say this, but I'm tired of being hungry! My biggest complaint during this pregnancy is an ongoing problem with passing out. And it always happens on Sundays... Wierd huh?

I'm promised pictures of the nursery so I'm going to attempt to post them. We decided to name the baby Madison Joelle. Her nickname will be Ellie.

Toodles!Nursery-3.JPG

hi ladis congrats on your babies and preg hope all goes well. did all of you get your band unfilled? i want to get preg in a year or so and was wondering should i get unfilled or just eat more often to supply the needs of the baby. please advise me

ziahmama

Awww!!! the nursery is sooo cute! I wish I could have a nursery just to decorate it lol!! I just get to decorate a window, the crib, and part of a wall...Im doing Hot pink and zebra print

Very pretty nursery. I did one for my first, but this is my 3rd and he/she will be in my room until weaned then in the room with brother or sister depending on if a boy or girl. So no nursery. It's kind of a right of passage with first baby after that-- who wants to spend the money! LOL