Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Horrified! Labs came back

As an RN I just learned that several medications can cause a positive THC result, including but not limited to Protonix and NSAIDS.

Fascinating. I do take toradol sometimes.

Drugs that can cause a false positive for THC: ibuprofen, naproxen, tolmetin, efavirenz, pantoprazole, dranabinol.

Maybe they fed you pot brownies! My roomate in college thought it would be hysterical to not tell me she had made pot roast..literally seasoned our meat dinner with pot. I had never used any form of drugs, so not only did I end up sick, I was paranoid about testing positive for it forever.

I'm on tramadol and it can give a false positive; just let them know what meds you're on and ask for a redo if they have issues; (as for postponing... my potassium was low and they might reschedule mine; I find out Tuesday (and surgery is supposed to be 9/24; there redoing blood tomorrow (Monday) but the results might not be back n time for my hospital pre-op appt Tuesday. :( if they need to redo your labs and reschedule, don't worry. Good luck.

I'm on tramadol and it can give a false positive; just let them know what meds you're on and ask for a redo if they have issues; (as for postponing... my potassium was low and they might reschedule mine; I find out Tuesday (and surgery is supposed to be 9/24; there redoing blood tomorrow (Monday) but the results might not be back n time for my hospital pre-op appt Tuesday. :( if they need to redo your labs and reschedule, don't worry. Good luck.

Goodness I'm on tramadol too!

May I recommend that OP cancel this thread? This is a place people come for support, and it shouldn't result in a career being jeopardized. It is imperative that OP find a counselor or therapist with which to talk this over. And to answer your question, nobody is judging you, and please heed the advice to keep this away from a public forum, regardless of whether the information can be obtained through other methods.

Goodness I'm on tramadol too!

My surgery is a go for this Thursday! I hope your labs get straightened out; best of luck!

So I saw my surgeon. He said it can be a false positive but he's afraid that the insurance may deny me because of it.

I'm doing a retest though.

I'm just not going to worry about it. I didn't do it so that's the truth despite what that test said.

I talked to some people they said some times the insurance makes you do classes and/or be negative for 6 months before they will do anything. If that's case I'll be disappointed but as long as I can still attain my goal of having surgery and losing weight I'll be ok.

Why would she need to delete the thread? It's not like she tested positive for cocaine or something.

If you are really telling the truth, there are cases of patients testing positive if they are around chronic marijuana smokers. Request a quantitative level if you can.

@@Tssiemer1 Good lord girl calm down! Are you doing something right now?! ;) just reading that makes me want to peep out my window blinds in a conspicuous manner! The paranoia is Real!! I don't care if you smoke or not. In fact my brother grows marijuana for a living (Colorado) anywho tell them you ate some KIND bars. They have hemp seed in them. Military personnel aren't allowed to eat them because they will cause a positive drug test. I'm not telling you to lie I'm just saying hey did you eat any kind bars lately? Oh you did? Ok, well relate that. If you are however smoking pot then cut that sh*t out . You're going to be pretty miserable after surgery when you can't eat.