Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Back to work

@@emiko_oz, how did you feel at work? Tired? Sleepy? In Pain? I'm curious to know how you did going back so soon!!

I did well. I'm an Ops Mgr at a large trucking company. I have 74 people that report directly to me. We are in a busy time of year. I didn't have pain / I was sore. I think the secret is staying active. I am also a single mom w 2 little guys and I don't have back up. I kept my Protein intake up, took walks during the day ( 12k steps a day ) and stayed positive. I'm doing really well. I had my one week appt Thursday and am down 11 lbs. my vitals are all good. I didn't have any medical issues prior to surgery - I was simply overweight and couldn't lose on my own. This was a good decision for me.

Hi,

I was hoping to go back after 5 days is that not realistic? I know that I worked thru cancer, just took 2 days off (mon and tues so I had fri, sat and sun) during chemo and had radiation on my lunch break - I wonder if this is worse that chemo to recover from (back to work) - Anyone know? - maybe I need to schedule a week off

I had breast cancer 4 years ago. You are tough to get back to work thru chemo and radiation. 5 days will be more than enough for you !!! Good luck !!!

I am taking off 2 weeks. But, I am planning to rest a full 5 days then work from home if I am doing well the following week. Of course life is what happens when you are making other plans, so we shall see. :)

I work in a busy OR and i requested 2weeks off for my post-op recovery. I'm really hoping that's enough time. I'm going to do everything I can to work myself everyday and get my strength up to go back to work. Wish me luck!

I also work in an OR. I was out for a full month before my surgeon cleared me to go back because of lifting restrictions. It not only drove me crazy but he wasn't pleased with because I'm his favorite scrub tech.

I do IT work which isn't very physically demanding but very stressful and difficult. I sometimes have to walk around the hospital but I'm supposed to walk anyway. I am going back to work in a week no matter what. Actually I'm going to have surgery on Monday and starting Wednesday, I'll work from home. If I can get up and walk around, I can get on a computer and do some work. I know this is brave talk for someone pre-op, but I'm hoping for the best.

I work in a psychiatrist office and we have a skeleton crew so I need to be back after a week its office work so no heavy lifting but I'm wondering if I'll be able to do it

Went back for pre-service after 3 1/2 weeks and had students after 4 1/2, teacher. It was very tough and i had no problems. This past week, 6 weeks out was the first time i felt the energy return. It is important to remember to drink and eat. I could not have gone back at 2 weeks. Maybe if i could have worked 1/2 day, but that would not have been a choice.

Surgery 09/09/15...I return to work on 09/21/15

I AM NOT looking forward it at all.

I work at a community college and our new quarter begins on the 21st. Lots of confused freshmen.

I don't have a lot of contact with students, I work on special projects for a Dean so my job is primarily at my desk.

I was back at work on day 11.

Probably could have gone back on day 10,

but I was already scheduled to be off.

I have a desk job, no lifting and not much walking involved.

I was tired but not hurting when I went back.

Get my free eBook - The Top 10 WLS Fears and How to Kick Their Butt!

I was back at work after 2 weeks, I work with kids so I walk a lot but no lifting.

Surgery 8/6

Cleared to drive and work (desk job) 8/19...worked from my bedroom until that point.

I felt well enough on 8/9 but they wouldn't approve that under any circumstances.