Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New to dating

sgc

i did Match for one "free" week and meet a ton of guys..... My current (Tim) being one of them.

Only thing I don't like about Match is that I have to come up with some sort of opening. At least approaching someone online would be easier online than in person.

Well I am glad that you have found your way that works for you. I would say try having discussions with people so you get some practice.

I still have to meet people in person though. We had some pretty serious wind which took out power to a lot of people here. I had to go into the office and she was here and couldn't work up any strength to talk to her. Back in high school, I was told I had social anxiety disorder. It seems worse now that I've lost weight. Maybe because I'm trying to push myself to be more social. When I was heavier, it was ok to just try and hide. Now I want to be more social and I get anxiety and spend hours and days analyzing meaningless interactions. I can meet someone online and it can go great until I have to meet them.

It may seem harder because you are actively trying to be social. The hardest thing is putting yourself out there. It will get easier as you interact with people more. Just by coming out of your shell, you will get a little more comfortable.

I wouldn't say it didn't go well, just not what I had hoped. Once the crowd dwindled down to about 6 people, it was better. These issues are more than just weight. I have had this issue ever since elementary school. Going up and starting conversations has never been a strength of mine. I didn't make many friends in school and I wasn't overweight then. I wouldn't say I excel at one on one but rather I'm better at it. Where I really excel is by texting or written communication. I'm a completely different person when I text or use instant messenger vs face to face.
I think I already moved on from this woman at work before I went. I choose online dating because my strength is in written communication. I can approach people easier by messaging them than in person.

Why dont you have a picture?

1 hour ago, Danielle_kogan12 said:

Why dont you have a picture?

I've been waiting until I lost more weight before I took some pictures. I'm only about 30 pounds over where I want to be so this is probably a good time to take some new pictures. I wanted to create my online profile soon.

4 hours ago, sgc said:

I've been waiting until I lost more weight before I took some pictures. I'm only about 30 pounds over where I want to be so this is probably a good time to take some new pictures. I wanted to create my online profile soon.

Look at you!! 😏Steps towards your overal happiness. I am proud.

Since pictures were mentioned here I finally took one today. The facial hair experiment is going to end but I'm not sure the picture looks natural. I've been reading that the best results are profiles with about four pictures so I guess I have some work to do. For shits and giggles I also added a before pic. That will obviously not be included in my dating profile.

s5fztf.jpg

ckr2r.jpg

I have another picture from before but I was a little bit heavier. Not sure if I should use it. I feel like the pictures make me look bigger. I was just at the store and I feel like I looked smaller in the mirror.

I set up a profile on eHarmony for now. I'll see what happens there and then expand.

Had some good matches right off the bat. Hopefully they respond. Already had one person contact me but don't seem too interested. I'm not sure if my profile is actually interesting enough to attract someone. We'll see I guess. May set up a profile on free site and see if people message me. I've heard mixed things about the free ones in my area.

2 hours ago, sgc said:

Had some good matches right off the bat. Hopefully they respond. Already had one person contact me but don't seem too interested. I'm not sure if my profile is actually interesting enough to attract someone. We'll see I guess. May set up a profile on free site and see if people message me. I've heard mixed things about the free ones in my area.

Hey, there are many, many fish in the sea. If one does not seem to interested, you will find another.

Here is a way to spice up your profile,

"Fun and loving guy who is on a journey to not only transform my mind but my body as well. I like to do the following:

1) List all of all your outdoor activities and things you like.

Looking for a woman that would like to travel and come along this journey with me."