Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Struggling with CPAP

I am struggling with using my machine. I have only been using the machine for 3 weeks now. I get text messages daily saying that I'm not meeting my daily requirements. I called the respiratory therapist and she got the approval from the Dr. to lower my max pressure down to 13. I feel like I'm suffocating. I have two weeks until I meet with the nutritionist to be put on my pre op diet. I'm really worried that if I can't get this worked out I will be denied my surgery since I didn't do everything requested by the Dr. HAs anyone ever heard of being denied because of this?

i haven't but one thing i did to get used to the machine was wear it for an hour before bed while awake i know it sounds strange but it worked for me

I never could get used to a CPAP and had to get a Bi-level machine that reduces pressure when I ex hail. I didn't realize there were other options besides the Cpap at the time, is why I am mentioning it. Good luck, I hope this gets resolved fast for you.

This happened to me turned out my machine was set on a test setting also when I got a better mask it was better still hated it but I could tolerate and yes it was mandatory by surgeon had a chip in machine to turn in to respiratory therapist who made a report to surgeon if not used enough no surgery good luck

My low pressure is 4.2 and I was classified and severe sleep apnea.

I also wore my mask while just sitting in bed waiting for the sleep fairy to arrive.

I have a very light mask with nasal pillows and the tube goes up my face and connects in back. Very light and non intrusive.

My pressure has gone up to 17 and 18.4 when I sleep. Since my surgery I have not passed 10

If anything, I think having problems with your CPAP would increase chances for getting WLS.

Having sleep apnea was the thing that qualified me for WLS.

If the CPAP machine was causing me problems, I'm sure my surgeon would supported my desire to have WLS.

My WLS surgeon never asked about how I was doing with my CPAP. He only told me to bring it to the hospital with me.

Get my free eBook - The Top 10 WLS Fears and How to Kick Their Butt!