Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6th month sleevaverrsary...want to eat everything that's not mailed down

What? I am not really hungry, but I feel like I could go completely out of control. I think it is probably related to how I handled stress before wls...but I'm worried that I'll fall into old habits.

Nothing in the house to eat that's unhealthy... But I feel on edge.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Lol...not NAILED down.

Edited by Para-thighs Lost

Oh sugar...I think I'm mourning my old eating habits. I know where that got me, but, I miss some of the comfort from it. So, how do I find new ways to comfort myself???

Thoughts?

Okay....just read the bingeing thread...great advice from folks. I'll be okay. :)

Edited by Para-thighs Lost

@@Para-thighs Lost

Ha ha! Do you do that often? Talk to yourself!

Just kidding!

I know what you mean. Those old habits creep into your mind at times and you think "what if?"

But I'm telling you, it's not worth it. Don't fall back into destructive patterns.

Keep talking to yourself! Tell yourself to "stay strong and keep fighting the good fight!"

@@Para-thighs Lost

Ha ha! Do you do that often? Talk to yourself!

Just kidding!

I know what you mean. Those old habits creep into your mind at times and you think "what if?"

But I'm telling you, it's not worth it. Don't fall back into destructive patterns.

Keep talking to yourself! Tell yourself to "stay strong and keep fighting the good fight!"

Ha! After I posted it occurred to me I might have just journaled it instead!

Thanks for the encouragement!

The urge passed...I need to remember that!

I liked your description of mourning your old eating habits. As great as I feel now - getting close to goal, sometimes those forbidden foods just call my name, and I really miss the enjoyment they gave me. I miss dry, crunchy foods like pretzels and chips. I haven't had bread or pizza or Cookies for almost a year and don't actually miss then, but I sometimes miss that feeling I would get after eating way too much of those foods that I shouldn't have been eating at all, but they sure did comfort me.

The good feeling that I get from exercise helps fill the void.

I liked your description of mourning your old eating habits. As great as I feel now - getting close to goal, sometimes those forbidden foods just call my name, and I really miss the enjoyment they gave me. I miss dry, crunchy foods like pretzels and chips. I haven't had bread or pizza or Cookies for almost a year and don't actually miss then, but I sometimes miss that feeling I would get after eating way too much of those foods that I shouldn't have been eating at all, but they sure did comfort me.

The good feeling that I get from exercise helps fill the void.

You are close to goal precisely because you haven't had bread, chips or cookies! That takes will power! Wish I could say the same.

Thought I couldn't give up toast, so I didn't for a while. Made crazy faux cookies....blah....no need for that either.

However, the crunchy sirens still called my name. Quite by accident, (wasn't looking for them) I found small bags of Quest Protein chips. 120 calories, 21g of Protein. They definitely satisfy the crunch....but....they are an acquired taste.

I've had many, many stalls, probably because I haven't been faithful to my food plan.

I do admire the folks on here that adhere to their diet and exercise. They see fantastic results. I struggle, but it's OK. I'm still losing, so that's good.

Thank you for your comments!

Oh gosh yes.

I am not always making the best choices. I still can't eat a lot which helps, but the behavior worries me. Last night we made a frozen pizza for the kids and I had a small slice. I ate the whole slice despite the fact that I was full just a little past halfway done. And it made my tummy hurt. Worse, an hour later my son was eating the rest of it and I took a few bites. Even though my tummy still hurt. That's the kind of thing I need to stop.

Oh, Megdelyn...then there's pizza!!! For nearly 10 years our Friday night meal has been pizza! Once in a while I miss it, so I indulge and have one piece. This happens only maybe once a month.

I hear you on the fullness issue. My challenge is to really listen to my body as far as stopping when satisfied... Not necessarily full.

It still a learning process, and I'm doing the best I can.

Best wishes to you on your journey!

Girls you don't have to do without the foods you love!!! Find healthy ways to eat them. pizza is my favorite too. After 6 different recipes I found one I LOVE!! Pinterest is a great place to start. Learning how to make your food healthier will also keep your mind busy.

Girls you don't have to do without the foods you love!!! Find healthy ways to eat them. pizza is my favorite too. After 6 different recipes I found one I LOVE!! Pinterest is a great place to start. Learning how to make your food healthier will also keep your mind busy.

I totally agree!! I was thinking that...but you said it. New way of eating healthy, and it's all good. I like Pinterest too, and eggface!

What an exciting new venture!

I am only 4 months out and I've got to say... I don't eat perfectly... and that scares me.

I, too, don't want to fall back into old habits. I don't feel bad if I eat something like chex mix as a snack, but I did buy sugar free candy the other day at work because I was very stressed and that scared the crap out of me. I don't want these little Snacks to add up over time to become a major problem and put me right back where I was (both in spirit and weight).

I am only 4 months out and I've got to say... I don't eat perfectly... and that scares me.

I, too, don't want to fall back into old habits. I don't feel bad if I eat something like chex mix as a snack, but I did buy sugar free candy the other day at work because I was very stressed and that scared the crap out of me. I don't want these little Snacks to add up over time to become a major problem and put me right back where I was (both in spirit and weight).

For me, it's about making healthy choices. A sugarfree candy once in a while works for me to satisfy that sweet tooth. Sometimes I have a Protein bar, and that feels indulgent. Also, tracking my food on myfitnesspal keeps me in line. Anything that keeps me accountable is good, including the newest Halloween challenge.

A little well placed fear is a good thing!

Since I started this thread, I've learned keeping busy is a good distraction from slipping into old habits. I went to a quilt show today, and came home with several small, fun projects. food? What food? :)

Thank you for your comments!