Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

People get into my head

I'm supposed to be sleeved next month. I'm 27, my highest weight is 253 I lost 10 pounds as requested I'm 243 .. A nurse told me today after surgery down the road after I loose weight, and I'll be saggy and my face will age badly. ????post-257868-14418320964811_thumb.jpg

What a Debbie Downer. My Momma told me to only believe half of what I see and none of what I hear.

And you care about what some random nurse said because?

Well, when people see my before and afters they tell me i look WAY younger now and I am 51! Yes, you will have some excess skin blah blah blah.... but... trust me when I tell you all that is WAY better than morbid obesity.

I had my sleeve almost 4 years ago and am so glad I did it.

Caprice,

Don't let the nurses random UNKIND words get to you. You will be healthier, you will be happier AND IF you should have some excess skin - you will deal with it :)

You are 27....I'm 44....You have youth on your side skin wise, so that's a plus! If a little saggy skin will mean I can live longer and be happier then so be it.

If I need a skin surgery or two later....then maybe I'll have it done, maybe not.

Careless comments can derail anyone. Don't let them! GOOD LUCK!

I'm supposed to be sleeved next month. I'm 27, my highest weight is 253 I lost 10 pounds as requested I'm 243 .. A nurse told me today after surgery down the road after I loose weight, and I'll be saggy and my face will age badly. attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBariatricPal1441832095.528566.jpg

@caprice this lady seriously said that to you? What a jerk. She's a nurse and is supposed to help and encourage. Try not to let people get to u. I'm not one that let's people get to me. When you feel this way jump on and talk to us about it. People are going to be mean. This nurse is probably jealous that she can take control of her life like you have. I have a saying that I would love to share with you- "ignore the noise". All negative thoughts, things, and mean things people say just ignore it and keep your eye on the prize. Congrats on losing that 10 pounds!! Awesome start!!

Well, when people see my before and afters they tell me i look WAY younger now and I am 51! Yes, you will have some excess skin blah blah blah.... but... trust me when I tell you all that is WAY better than morbid obesity.

I had my sleeve almost 4 years ago and am so glad I did it.

I just looked at your photos and I cannot believe you're 51!!! You look in your 30's! And you look amazing.

I'm supposed to be sleeved next month. I'm 27, my highest weight is 253 I lost 10 pounds as requested I'm 243 .. A nurse told me today after surgery down the road after I loose weight, and I'll be saggy and my face will age badly. attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBariatricPal1441832095.528566.jpg

@caprice this lady seriously said that to you? What a jerk. She's a nurse and is supposed to help and encourage. Try not to let people get to u. I'm not one that let's people get to me. When you feel this way jump on and talk to us about it. People are going to be mean. This nurse is probably jealous that she can take control of her life like you have. I have a saying that I would love to share with you- "ignore the noise". All negative thoughts, things, and mean things people say just ignore it and keep your eye on the prize. Congrats on losing that 10 pounds!! Awesome start!!

Thank you so much! I like that saying a lot, it's so frustrating. I just wanna do this so I can be healthy. I was never this heavy. I started packing on the pounds after my dad died then I got diagnosed with h pylori and polycystic ovary syndrome. Now I just hate going out cause I'll have to feel gross in cloths. She said she wanted the surgery too but stopped when she found out she couldn't eat and drink at the same time!

Thank you so much! I like that saying a lot, it's so frustrating. I just wanna do this so I can be healthy. I was never this heavy. I started packing on the pounds after my dad died then I got diagnosed with h pylori and polycystic ovary syndrome. Now I just hate going out cause I'll have to feel gross in cloths. She said she wanted the surgery too but stopped when she found out she couldn't eat and drink at the same time!

So this lady was considering the surgery huh? Is she overweight? I was going to ask you this in the last post. FIGURES!!!!!!! On a side note though I'm sorry to hear about your Dad and all your other issues. Nothing is wrong with you. You look great. Sure we all carry some weight but we're not ugly people. I'm getting the surgery due to my health. I have sleep apnea, high blood pressure, and I'm borderline type II diabetic. Do it for your health. Due it for your Dad who I'm sure would have loved to have been around to help you on your journey, lastly due it for you!! You deserve to get your life back. Stay the course.

I'm a nurse and I'm appalled that a "nurse" would say something so disheartening! Your young..do it now, don't wait til your 57 like me and have multiple health problems! Your skin is more elastic being younger, do your exercises....you'll do great!!!

Well, THAT explains it. I found the most critical people I came across about my decision to have WLS were the overweight and obese.

You're 27. No, you won't have a saggy face at 27. If you were 47? Maybe. I'm 48, and I have a little sagging. But like Jane said, I'd rather be thin and healthy and deal with a few wrinkles and sagging. Totally worth it.

She's a jealous bitch.

She wants what she won't work for.

Ignore her.

Oh, by the way, she's so wrong. :)

I was two years older but very similar weight when I had my surgery. I'm not going to lie. I want a Tummy Tuck and breast lift. However, even if I can't get one, I would still have my surgery all over again.

I lost a LOT of weight in my face and neck and I have zero sagging in those areas. Here is a pic to give you hope! Don't listen to that mean nurse.

post-233184-14418540077363_thumb.jpg

and my face will age badly.

I guess the nurse believes there's nothing better than dying young with a wrinkle-free baby face? :)

People will say malicious or simply insensitive things to you, take that for granted. Just cross it out of your 'what do I care about' list and do what's best for you.