Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for those who had sleeve in August 2015

I was wearing the same clothes until I hit 27 lbs. Today I put on a pair of pants I had comfortably worn all summer and they looked like clown pants! They were so baggy!

I was sleeved August 25th. I have lost 20 lbs since surgery, was stalled for 2 weeks and that was weird not seeing the scale move at all. But the scale is moving again and Im happy about that. My energy level is back to normal, I walk at least 2 miles 4 times a week. Had my 5 week post op appt today and was release to do some strength training. I don't regret my decision to have this surgery. But sometimes its hard to get all my liquid and Protein in and sometimes I just want to eat like I use to. So this is definitely a lifestyle change. And Im glad I can come on here and get very useful information.

I was lseeved on 8/18 and still feel like every time I eat I have a rock lodged in my chest for the next few hours. I was cleared to eat regular food, but am thinking I may need to go back to the mushy stage. ANyone else have this problem?

Yes!!!!! Omg I am having the same problem. I think we have to go back to mushy food for another week.....what the hell else can we do????

I was lseeved on 8/18 and still feel like every time I eat I have a rock lodged in my chest for the next few hours. I was cleared to eat regular food, but am thinking I may need to go back to the mushy stage. ANyone else have this problem?

I am having the same issue. I was sleeved on 8/14. Having hard time getting liquids and Proteins in because of it. Dr wants to see me on Thursday. I'm bummed. I thought I'd feel way better by now.

This happened to me too be sure to take small bites and chew very well also the firmer/ denser the food you will feel that it's the swelling inside it will get better I promise it takes time I went thru this for two months maybe a bit longer

Omg. Im down 28 pounds and still in same size pants. Tops a bit loose but what the hell? It's weird and frustrating. Maybe I need a new scale. People say my face is smaller.....did I really have 28 pounds on my face? ☺☺☺☺☺

I'm in the same boat ... My face & neck have slimmed down and my tops are big but same size pants and no one has really noticed weight loss ... ????

I think we should just stay on plan.....and wait one month to weigh ourselves!!! Ya right ...I've been on the scale 4 times a day..lol. I just wish I could get my fluids and Protein in. I'm getting weak again. Uggggg

Stay off the scale your going to make yourself crazy this is hard enough already I only weigh once a week I was sleeved at the end of February this year and have lost 173 lbs since sept 20 th 2014 to now it will happen I swear have you tried the unflavored Protein powders at all I used GENEPRO and mixed it in cottage cheese applesauce hot cereals mashed potatoes Soups tea etc was the only thing I could stand my surgeon told me that rock in your chest feeling is because of swelling on your insides I had it too was awful also u may be eating to much at one time I had to really reevaluate everything I was doing to stop the discomfort I know it's sounds nuts cuz you can only eat so little but I tried it and it worked also don't drink too close to eating that makes everything hurt as well my dr said to try warm drinks about 45 mins or so before meal he said it would help the swelling I was nauseas every time I tried to eat and I had to stop after 2 bites and this is what he said to do and it helped my nutritionist allowed me for a few weeks to have baby fruit juices watered down or low sugar orange juice watered down I hope this helps

Edited by shellyd88

@shellyd88 you rule!!!!! Always such an amazing inspiration. But what the hell is up with all the body muscle aches? Im sooooo sore/ Any one feeling this?

Yes I had that too likely a lack of calories and possibly dehydration fatigue and anxiety it will diminish I literally had to force myself to drink in my teeny tiny annoying sips lol and get up and walk around do household things etc even if just for a few mins at a time I was terribly weak and shaky and tired I asked the dr to give me a week more off work they refused I was lucky enough that at my job boss was away for the first two weeks I was back to work and I could go as slow as I needed to and work just a few hours a day so I got back into the normal routine by the time they returned no harm no foul so to speak but was exhausted everyday everyone is different I hadn't expected to feel that way so it was rough for a while but it did get better in time you will figure out what works for you and thanks for your kind words I'm happy to help if I can

I had my surgery Aug 12. I started my journey in Feb. I lost 20 pounds prior to surgery & 20 more since (started at 345 and currently at 305). I feel like weight loss has been slow compared to others, but I'm certainly losing inches. I had to buy new clothes for work & those are already baggy. :) I hope to be closer to 250 by the New Year & my doctor believes it is very doable for me.

I also am August 12 surgery was 370 July 31 and am currently 311.. Congrats surgery buddy!!

Hey August 2015 sleevers, I watched a vlog (I think they're called) about support, and although I like this site i have a hard time with how much is going on. It was suggested we have our own Facebook page. I searched to see if one had been made but there was not so I made one for us specifically. Please, if you would like to be a member or just follow along to see how others from August are doing the address is: www.facebook.com/august2015sleevers. So far its just me but the vlogger I watched said the people on hers had become like her family. I would love to have people i could compare stalls with. ;)

I haven't told anyone about my surgery. Don't want fb friends to figure it out either. Let us know about that...

Had surgery 8/17. I'm down 35lbs . No prob w recovery. Worried I eat too fast. Worried I will stretch my stomach. Other than that, best thing I ever did.

Edited by velvetelvis

I will make it private, invitation only. I can appreciate your not wanting others to know. I wasn't so quiet about my surgery and I regret that. Now I have people watching me constantly to see how much I've lost and if I haven't why. There is something to be said for those things we learned in kindergarten, like mind your own business, be nice to one another. ...