Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 3 weeks out. & im doing great. But I'm craving a cigarette. Will it kill me? I stopped like 4 months ago. I think if I try one it will make me not want to anymore but I'm scared. But I want it bad ????

I'm not judging, but please don't!

Agreed, don't do it. I can only imagine how difficult it is to quit smoking. Think about being 4 months cigarette free; that's an awesome accomplishment! Try to find something to take your mind off the urge. Have you heard about the recent trend of adult coloring books? It sounds goofy but I highly recommend it. Get some crayons or colored pencils and you can find images online. I was getting super stressed out before my surgery to the point were I was having significant jaw pain due to clenching my teeth. Coloring really made a difference.

Here is just one of many sites.

http://www.coloring-pages-adults.com/coloring-zen/

Good luck!

-C

Judge you? Never.

Anyone with the courage to combat two difficult addictions at the same time is awesome in my book.

Before you break down and try a cigarette, go with gum, patch, vape, anything else. Giving in doesn't mean you should throw caution to the wind and fall completely off the wagon.

Whatever you ultimately choose to do, don't do it right now. Wait a day and see if it passes. Stay busy on here. Call friends. Take a walk through a local mall or park. Distract yourself. Make your decision in the morning based on thought, not pure impulse.

I smoked for many years so I do get how hard it is. I didn't have cig cravings after surgery but I know about cig cravings in general.

Let me point out that just a few weeks out you are not healed from your surgery. If you smoke just one, you will keep wanting more and smoking can significantly delay healing from ANY injury or surgery. Not worth it. Is it your head hunger looking for something to put in your mouth or are you sure it's nicotine you want?

Please don't smoke after 4 months you only want the Memory of smoking. I quit 12 times the last time was 15years ago. I am always a puff away from a pack a day. I made it through the death of my mother and several friends. Please don't do it.

I was sleeved on 9/2 - I smoked my last cigarette right before I walked in to the hospital - 6 days post op I'm doing great and I haven't smoked since! I made the decision the last cigarette I would have would be before my surgery because I was having this surgery to get healthy - ALL AROUND Healthy - it's actually been easy - being on pain meds as reduced my cravings for a cigarettes - plus I'm learning how to drink slow and make new habits so it's actually been easier than I could ever imagine!

No judgement here. I quit 14 months ago, and had a moment of weakness not too long ago and took a puff of my friends cig. It tasted horrible!! I'm glad I was so repulsed by it, because I really don't want to go down that road ever again. You shouldn't either! You've done so well so far!

I think it's amazing that you were able to quit! I'm not a smoker but I went out this weekend (I'm 3 weeks out) and I'm 26 so most of my friends were drinking so I felt left out because I always enjoyed beers with friends. (I know it's to early to put myself in those situations, I'm learning) So I smoked a cigarette. I felt really shitty after, and thirsty. It wasn't worth it. All I want is to be healthier than I used to be so I don't think I'm going to be doing that again.