Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@@jacks89 @@chloe99200 How's pre op diet treating you two??? I'm doing good so far.....day is still young though! Keeping my eye on the prize!

hope you are all hanging in there!

Hanging in there...I do feel like I'm so exhausted by about 3:00. And I can't seem to find a Protein Bar that doesn't taste like cardboard/dirt????

What brands are you guys using for the shakes and/or bars?

@@jacks89 @@chloe99200 How's pre op diet treating you two??? I'm doing good so far.....day is still young though! Keeping my eye on the prize!

Hey girl! So happy you did great so far!! :) I began my diet yesterday and thankfully I was off bc of labor day so it wasn't too bad. Today however was a different story. I woke up with a killer headache so it took everything in me to get out of bed >_< but I managed hehe. I got a call from work stating someone called out for the rest of the month (don't ask how..I myself am beyond the point of Oh My God") so they asked me to come in early so thus began my long 10hr shift. It was brutal!! I'll tell you that and I had to forfeit my break since we're short a person but I explained the situation to my boss and told them I'd be leaving in intervals of 3hrs at a time to drink my shake and she had to no problem with that. I had to put an alarm on otherwise I'd forget. I sat in the break room and mixed my shake lol anyways, so I was kinda dizzy and definitely feeling some hunger pangs but overall it was much better than I expected. And I did not cheat!! ^_^ just have to get through the next 3 days and I'll be off work and can solely concentrate on the diet. I just keep thinking to myself, "another day closer Brigitte, you can do this! Don't mess it up now, just a couple more days!!"

Today was harder than yesterday; all I wanted was to CHEW something! It's probably better that I'm experiencing and overcoming head hunger now rather than after sugery. I just keep telling myself that I can do ANYTHING for 30 days. I don't let myself think beyond that for now. ;-)

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

@@chloe99200 Have you tried the PowerCrunch Protein bars? I hate hate hate almost all Protein Bars, but these ones were actually good. I had Peanut Butter and mint chocolate. I would definitely give them a try if you haven't!

I am also on the 21st and started my pre-op 5 days ago, tough but possible.. congrats to all of you on this journey!!

@DeLiGhTfUlLy DeTeRmInEd wow that is a longer pre op diet than mine! Mine is only 14 days! did it get easier for you as the days went by? several people have told me that by day 4 it gets easier.

Wish I had a sweet tooth, mine is the greasy food lol so I stick to a little fat ham to tip it off

@carebear873214.....yeah....there isn't any way around that! I can trick my sweet tooth IDK how to trick a greasy food craving! How are you doing today with your pre op diet? I am doing good so far.....worried about tonight! I always want to snack in the evening! I've been cleaning out the fridge and freezer today. pantry is tomorrow.......hard to throw away food but need out of the house.
@@mlmanney I was doing great till the hospital called to tell me that I have a $500 copay which is not the case. After talking to my insurance company and them trying to reach the hospital which was closed. So I'm a hair on edge and had a scoop of ice cream and spit it out lol could have been worse

don't worry! it'll all get worked out before your surgery! NO MORE ICE CREAM! LOL

Well I have kept to the diet so far and that already is more willpower than I expected to have, haha! But I will say, when I am able to keep myself from thinking about how I haven't "eaten" anything, I'm not really as hungry as I expected to be. My shakes make my stomach a little upset, gassy and bloated (sorry if TMI) which I think also has helped to curb my appetite. My Nut doesn't have strict caffeine rules, so I'm living on coffee between meals, which always helps suppress my appetite. I will switch to Decaf for next week -_- How are you guys doing on your diet?

I added a shot of espresso into my chocolate shake today. it was quite delicious! LOL....I think gas and bloating BMs and such are all fair game on this site....LOL I was thinking that myself about doing decaf starting next week. I usually hate decaf but it is the only option I guess I will have to take it or leave it. Been pretty good most of the day until I got to dinner time....got too hungry. and now that I had some solid food, my stomach is growling only 2 hrs later.....I think I need to go to bed early tonight!

Hanging in there...I do feel like I'm so exhausted by about 3:00. And I can't seem to find a Protein bar that doesn't taste like cardboard/dirt

What brands are you guys using for the shakes and/or bars?

I like the premier shakes and the Quest shakes and bars

Today was harder than yesterday; all I wanted was to CHEW something! It's probably better that I'm experiencing and overcoming head hunger now rather than after sugery. I just keep telling myself that I can do ANYTHING for 30 days. I don't let myself think beyond that for now. ;-)

I was good all day until now......may have to go to bed early. LOL Is your pre op completely liquid? mine isn't I get one meal a day. Hang in there! I keep thinking if I can only get through this week hopefully it will get better.

I was good all day until now......may have to go to bed early. LOL Is your pre op completely liquid? mine isn't I get one meal a day. Hang in there! I keep thinking if I can only get through this week hopefully it will get better.
No, I get 3 shakes, 1 cup non-statchy veggies, and 1 lean cuisine (under 300 calories). It just feels like it's all liquid...LOL! I think I'll try the ice blended Protein shake tomorrow to see if it satisfies the desire to eat more. We can do this!!!

Surgery scheduled for 9/22. Whoa.

Congrats! If you are like me....it all just got REAL! I'm excited but nervous!

No, I get 3 shakes, 1 cup non-statchy veggies, and 1 lean cuisine (under 300 calories). It just feels like it's all liquid...LOL! I think I'll try the ice blended Protein shake tomorrow to see if it satisfies the desire to eat more. We can do this!!!

aww....I get almost the same but only 2 shakes. a frozen meal and a salad. what I wouldn't give for that extra shake! Yes we can.....it is a means to an end.....gotta do what they want to get what I want....LOL

aww....I get almost the same but only 2 shakes. a frozen meal and a salad. what I wouldn't give for that extra shake! Yes we can.....it is a means to an end.....gotta do what they want to get what I want....LOL
Totally!