Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Third Fill - tight

I go to the same center for fills as you guys... I am going for my 3rd fill in the morning. I got 1.5 cc, then 1 cc. I have enough restriction now that I have to chew my food well and avoid breads but not enough so that I cant eat smaller amounts.

This is the first fill I am really nervous about. I want good restriction but I dont want to over do it either. Have any of you gone to any of the AIGB support group meetings? I am thinking of going to the one this week.

does it hurt your first several bites of food? I had a fill a month ago but as of about a week or so it hurt the first couple of bites i eat.. doesn't matter how slow or how much i chew..

I go to the same center for fills as you guys... I am going for my 3rd fill in the morning. I got 1.5 cc, then 1 cc. I have enough restriction now that I have to chew my food well and avoid breads but not enough so that I cant eat smaller amounts.

This is the first fill I am really nervous about. I want good restriction but I dont want to over do it either. Have any of you gone to any of the AIGB support group meetings? I am thinking of going to the one this week.

I didn't realize it was this week...not a bad idea. I'm rather in the same place you are as far as how you feel, except that I'm not ready for that third fill yet. Is the meeting always in Dallas? I thought sometimes it was in Hurst at Airport Freeway and Precinct Line in the hotel behind the police station? Or was that only the seminars? I have no idea!

Let me know where it is?

The next support meeting for the Hurst location is Monday August 13th @ 6:30 om. It is helt at the Hampton INn behind Abuelos on 183/Precinct Line.

I have never been to one but would like to see what it has to offer! Hope you guys can come. I am scared of showing up and being in a room with two or three people I dont know :paranoid

<p>You don't want to be this tight, the pain is so bad some times. I have chose though to live with it. I only hope its not a mistake because they say if you go too long to tight you can end up having it removed due to slippage. I had a baked potatoes last night it was the best thing I have eatten in weeks. I over buttered it and mashed the insides added a small amount of sour cream and I think I died and went to heaven. No really I thought I was eatting those baby bites, sipping and taking the 30 to 45 min to eat. I wasn't I have slowed down, measured and sipped now I can enjoy my food and drink. I do seem tighter in the am. Its the pm when I can eat most anything thats bad for me because I then go to bed with a full pouch and then I seem to gain weight. I was at my high weight of 267.4 I am now 222. I was 229.6 on July 5th so this fill is my freind!</p> <p>Good luck to all of you!</p>:)

How did they put 4.2 cc in a 4 cc Band? I have a 4cc band as well and just had it filled to 3.25cc. I still think I could go tighter, but I was at 2 cc's for two years and gained 26lbs back, so I'm again on the road going south. I too, had to drive so far to see a doctor that would take me, its just crazy. NOW, I have a dr. that is literally only 10 minutes away. I hoping a praying this band will work for me. I only was down 13 lbs since banded in Nov. 2004. How much should I actually be able to eat? as in cups? I'm learning this all over, but I want to loose the weight soooo bad.

Thanks

Janine

Naples, FL

Guest ZenGarden

From what I've seen/heard/read you are only supposed to be able to eat between 1/2 and 3/4 cups of food when you are truly at your sweet spot with restriction.

The next support meeting for the Hurst location is Monday August 13th @ 6:30 om. It is helt at the Hampton INn behind Abuelos on 183/Precinct Line.

I have never been to one but would like to see what it has to offer! Hope you guys can come. I am scared of showing up and being in a room with two or three people I dont know :paranoid

Hey if you remind me, I will meet you there. I'm only five minutes from there and would love to see what the meeting has to offer.

the 4cc is a band size. The dr said w can put more in but I am at my sweet spot. Its hard to understand this because of years of unhealthy eatting. I have my 1/2 cup and then get frustrated when I crave more and it will make you sick. I have learned that if there is something I really enjoy when I am having a meal save 1/2 cup of it for the next meal. I was a grazzer before.

I have lost 11 pounds since July 5th so my band is working now. I know if I put even one tiny bite more then the 1/2 cup in my mouth, I will be slimming like crazy.

So be sure to measure the 1/2 cup out when you eat that just wait a minute or two see if the pouch is full. I had to learn to reconize this feeling. So good luck on starting over!You can do it just listen to the band as it is the best weight loss tool you will ever get! Really!

Thanks for the information on the cup size. I just had lunch and had about 3/4 cup of rice and ground up turkey, and five club crackers and that filled up to my neck! I can't believe the difference when the band if filled. I let it go for too long. I'm hoping my weight will start going south again. I need to loose 45lbs, and I would be at my "Sweet Spot" as for this fill, I will wait and see if it holds true, otherwise I'm going in for another fill. I think this is only like my fouth fill since my band in November 2004, but for 1 1/2 years only had 2cc in the 4cc band and I ate like a pig, I guess. I didn't think i was eating much, but NOW since I have been eating sooo little, (since Friday) I look back and I was eating like a normal person, plate portions. I never got the hang of this band, but I think finally I am. I haven't been sick at all. But, have had a few PB's and stucks! But, that's from eating too much and too fast, apparently! Any suggestions on food, would be greatly appreciated. I can't do scramble eggs, NO WAY! anything else is pretty much ok!

Thanks again

Janine

Naples, FL

I had a 3rd done last Thursday which brought me up to 7ccs, while I was in the office I was able to drink the 250 ml of Water without any problems so after about an hour I left, got in a taxi and made my back to the airport to catch my flight from Toronto to Ottawa, while I was waiting for my flight I starting like I was going to be sick and it just got worse, I was up all Thursday being sick on my saliva nothing would go down. I eventually had to get my daughter to take me to the hospital where I was lucky enough to have a doctor that knew exactly what to do. He removed 1.1ccs and I felt better immediately better. Now a week later I am feeling little restriction so I am going for a fill probably .5cc on Tuesday. No one would every want to be in a position of feeling the way I did for those 24 hours. But all said and done I love my band.

I had a 3rd done last Thursday which brought me up to 7ccs, while I was in the office I was able to drink the 250 ml of Water without any problems so after about an hour I left, got in a taxi and made my back to the airport to catch my flight from Toronto to Ottawa, while I was waiting for my flight I starting like I was going to be sick and it just got worse, I was up all Thursday being sick on my saliva nothing would go down. I eventually had to get my daughter to take me to the hospital where I was lucky enough to have a doctor that knew exactly what to do. He removed 1.1ccs and I felt better immediately better. Now a week later I am feeling little restriction so I am going for a fill probably .5cc on Tuesday. No one would every want to be in a position of feeling the way I did for those 24 hours. But all said and done I love my band.

I am so sorry to hear about your terrible experience! I'm glad you were able to find a doc who knew how to fix you up. How much was in your band before you went up to 7cc's?

I had 6 ccs

WOW...so 1cc is what put you into he11, huh? That is rather scary. I'm glad you are doing better now.

Had my LB surg. 5/3, had one fill and can eat anything and everything.

Thanks so much for writing here and being so encouraging.

I'll ask Dr. to be more agressive on second fill which, hopefully, will be in beginning of Sept. As seems typical, I lost most of my weight in first 3 weeks, and very very little since since. 35 lbs. down, about 100 more to go. I feel so much better reading all your messages. Thanks!