Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banders #7

The Holidays can be a very difficult time especially if you are not feeling well. I recently had a 46 year old male cousin died who was the picture of health and left behind two children in college. He was the third child that my aunt and uncle had lost one at child birth one at 26 and the one above at 46.

You never know what life will bring so you need to enjoy your life.

Below my wife and I at the Orange County Winter fest in Costa Mesa CA,

Condolences on your loss Joe. Can't imagine what your Aunt and Uncle are going through.

On a happier note though...the picture of you and the Mrs. is lovely. Have a wonderful Christmas and happy new year.

I know that 2015 was a good one for me...especially with the addition of my grandson born eight months ago today as a matter of fact. I'm surely looking forward to 2016. We have our family cruise in June and the boyfriend and I have a number of things coming up...the Philharmonic, The Who, Earth, Wind, and Fire, The Barber of Seville at Lincoln Center...and cuddling on the couch watching TV. ;)

Sorry joe about your loss...

The older I get.. The more losses I'm handed. Sigh

Earth wind and fire!!!! Liz. If you aren't dancing, something is wrong and you need to see a dr!!!!????????

I'm dancing just thinking of the music...it could also be the Holiday music I have going at my desk :) I really enjoy the holiday, and Joe you are 100% right.

Spend every day like it's your last. Love and Laugh and love some more. Get out there and live life to the fullest every moment of it.

Hugs to you all my friends and Happy Happy Holidays!!!!

Should have said something or Pmd me I forgot how close you lived , if it was my day off I would have came & met you & your Wife just to take a pic & meet both of you, JFC.

Joe I am sorry for the loss of your cousin. Yes everyone needs to live life as much as possible and enjoy every minute with the people you love. I was happy my husband and I made our trip to Alaska before he passed away . I would love to go back and do some hiking and more exploring. He really wasn't physically able to do that but we had a nice trip. Life sure does take all kinds of turns sometimes. I hope you continue to enjoy your health and enjoy your time with your wife and family.

Thinking of your family, Joe. And life, affirming happiness and being present in our lives.

Happy new year to everyone reaching , staying, maintaining their goals.post-139624-14516883364722_thumb.jpg

post-139624-14516883935844_thumb.jpg

post-139624-14516884178767_thumb.jpg

post-139624-14516884988904_thumb.jpg

post-139624-14516885225526_thumb.jpg

Looking great, Debbie!

Thanks, Debbie -- Happy New Year to you, too, and to all my friends on this site. I am currently in bed and trying to rest after a much-too-busy holiday season. Grateful not to be hungry but still need to rein in the eating/drinking. Enough with the cheese, good grief. About to make a great big beet and green apple juice and that will be the first thing I've had today besides tea. Juicing has always worked for me as a way to regroup. Here's to 2016 and health, prosperity and enjoying our lives. Best wishes to all!

Debbie looking good,, Bandista, take care of yourself. I had a good New Years Day, stayed on the couch in my pj's, weather here was rainy and cool. Dumped my house of all crap food, Cookies, candy, left over cheesecake and pie.. I'm on a mission to maintain and even maybe lose a few lbs. I need to start walking if I can. My hips are giving me problems . Arthritis seems to be causing that. so, exercise is difficult but I know I need to move. I am looking forward to the New Year and hope today will be a good day to de=Christmas my house. Good to see how well everyone is doing. Keep up the positive posts.

Well, I made it thru the week. The BF spent this past week at my place and he's all about pizza and Chinese and ice cream. I was very concerned I would backslide and it worried me considerably. He goes home later today and I weighed 121.6 last Sunday and 122.6 this morning. One pound is nothing. We had sushi for dinner last night so some of it is likely Water anyway. While so many on this board worried about the holidays, I worried about this. I feel so proud of myself for avoiding the landmines and not blowing myself up. Hooray for me. :D

Way to go Liz.. yes the holidays can be treacherous.. I had to end up throwing stuff out.. Cookies we made for Santa.. (I didn't want to look like Santa). fudge, candy and finally the remaining cheese cake.. (my downfall). I also had some silk pie left in my fridge that had to go. Sugar is my crack. It felt kind of good to be strong enough to chunk it.. I absolutely cannot eat Chinese and I'm good with that because I used to love it too much. I have been using this ugly, cold, rainy day to re-group and reorganize my house.. de-christmased and trying to go through some of my husband's things that I think the kids might want.. that has been the most difficult today.. I have quit for now because it's becoming too emotional for me..

I know you understand. Anyway wanted to tell you good job on holidays and keep it up.

It took me months to go through my husband's things and years to get rid of everything. I still have some things that I'll never get rid of like his wallet and everything that was in it when he passed. Take it easy with this part. Do what you can if you feel up to it, and walk away if/when you aren't able to take on this task.

Happy New Year to you all!!! I hope 2016 is finding you happy and healthy thus far!!

Though the week before the new year I had to have 2 cc's taken out of my band I am actually feeling better for it. I'm able to eat and not really be too hungry between meals. I need to focus a bit on moving and getting some exercise in but I am hesitant to get back to the gym....not sure I'm 100% ready for that yet.

Maybe I will start with the gym at work and just get some walking in daily and go from there. Everyone in my office seems to be sick again. The cacophony of coughing and throat clearing...oh my! I have my classical music turned up loud and I'm conducting them all in unison to spraying of my Lysol!! :P

I'm taking some immune boosting Vitamins as well, because I just don't want to get sick again! I can't say I was fabulous in choices this weekend, pizza was definitely on the menu as well as movie pop corn :( but at least I didn't eat a whole pie or anything like that, and today I'm back on track and ready to focus on 2016!!!

post-146347-0-08856300-1451928889_thumb.jpg

post-146347-0-24096700-1451928875_thumb.jpg

post-146347-0-62970500-1451928900_thumb.jpg

OK I have to ask because We've all had was & know about our skim & our bodies how it is reacting , & most of us watched my 600# life & We know what We felt like , well now there's a show called Skin tight who's watching I am not there yet still about any plastic surgery because I can hide most of it , I don't have the hanging apron or other parts & I know some have had TT or other things done but just thought I would ask & I have also watched botched so that makes me scared , so who's watching the new show skin tight?