Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banders #7

OK...I must admit I watched it last night. Usually my BF comes over on Wednesdays but I had my personal training last night so he didn't come over and I was able to watch the show. If he was staying by me last night, we would have watched something else for sure.

So..my opinion is that I am even more convinced after watching the episode, that I'm not ready for surgery. Yes...I want to get rid of the saggy skin. No...it's not as bad as the woman in last night's episode. Also...I don't hate my body the way she did. I can cover up the parts I don't like, and I have no issues with intimacy. My BF has made it very clear that he is enamored of me regardless of the saggy skin, saggy boobs, scars, etc. There is nothing off limits as far as his touch on my body so while that was a huge issue for her, it's not one for me. I also think that they will be inundated with people trying to get on the show to get surgery without having to pay for it. LOL.

@@gowalking do you think that they don't have to pay for the surgeries? I would think that nothing is for free these days....I have to be honest though, I have a panus and I have not even lost that much weight and I have so much further to go but I have to tell you that thing bothers the sh*t out of me!!!

If and when I ever get to a stable weight that would be first thing that goes!!! Not because of how it looks...I think it looks just fine, but because of how it feels. It hangs and touches skin to skin and just irritates me something awful and it's worse in the summer months and when working out. I hate it...and sometimes I think that having more issues like that is what keeps me from really losing more weight....

@@Debbie3sons what did you think about the show? I am one of those weird people that like all that medical stuff. Not so much the surgery or having anyone show me how much skin they removed from my body I would NOT want to see that. Maybe on drugs it might be OK cause who would remember it :P

I was really happy for both of them...though I have to say the guy for having gone to plastic surgery practice I was not all that impressed with his scars or the nipple graft that they did at all.

@@gowalking do you think that they don't have to pay for the surgeries? I would think that nothing is for free these days....I have to be honest though, I have a panus and I have not even lost that much weight and I have so much further to go but I have to tell you that thing bothers the sh*t out of me!!!

If and when I ever get to a stable weight that would be first thing that goes!!! Not because of how it looks...I think it looks just fine, but because of how it feels. It hangs and touches skin to skin and just irritates me something awful and it's worse in the summer months and when working out. I hate it...and sometimes I think that having more issues like that is what keeps me from really losing more weight....

Hi Lisa. I just presumed the show would pay for the surgery. Why in the world would anyone want to show their 'stuff' to the world if not for getting something out of it. Doesn't the 600 lb. show pay for WLS and skin removal that Dr. Now does? I thought they did. Holy crap!! I'd never show the world my ugly skin and scars without getting something out of it... :P

@ lisacaron It was OK , but I thought it was going to show some of the people from my 600# life since the same Doctor is on there , also I don't understand why the guy from Fullerton California went all the way to Texas to get PS that is Really close to where I live like 15-30 minutes away , however I did think of all of us & how we would have to save money to get anything done but I have heard that if we get note's from pcp's & band surgeon referrals that sometime if deemed medically necessary that it would be paid for but Carolinagirl tried & they denied her , I don't understand that if it's hanging like that or is uncomfortable & We get those rashes why We can't or will be denied but I will watch it's just interesting to me & kind of upsets me at the same time LOL.

It is like a car accident.. I don't want to watch and yet I do.

Some of the struggles are relatable and encourage me....

Surgery/skin removal graphics I always fast forward through...

Yes I believe the show pays for surgery... Gotta be a carrot to dangle to get people to open their lives up to the public.... Lots of eating is private. Just my opinion

Nothing like watching the biggest loser show while eating chili Lol I'm so bad & my Mother makes the comment why don't they just get wls lol sorry I had to but I almost spit chili out thinking about it at least I'm eating Protein LOL.

I've been off BP this week but I'm doing really well. Clean food plan, and I can't believe it, but I'm losing weight again. But it sure has been strict. I gave up the fried food three weeks ago. Planned and portioned meals. Working closely with my OA sponsor. I'm starting to believe I might actually reach my goal weight this year.

Today was a day to do nothing , so I did get up & go shopping , but it seems since I got back home , I have done nothing but be on my phone & catch up on shows , I don't get to watch cause I'm either out or working , now I know it's January & people make resolutions but now there is all kinds of weight loss shows back or have started My 600# life, skin tight , I'm waiting for the new botched & now there's one called my Diet is better than yours LOL , All I know is what works for you & what works for me is what works for me LOL & that's how it's been since I started this journey because ad I've always said WE are all different , like I said I can tell it's January now Lol & it's almost over already , but I haven't stopped dancing.

Wow I didn't know the shows paid for the surgeries and all that. I figured there was some kind of "incentive" and I guess it makes sense though I was hoping they chose the surgery to save their lives on 600 show and were on TV to help others in their situation find hope. I am naive ????

I would not want to do any of that on TV or in the public eye, though I do learn from these shows and it helps me remember that it could get that real if I ever let it. Especially when you see the people that are still walking and driving to the donut shop every morning and not just being waited being enabled by others. You can clearly get there on your own. ????

I was watching the extreme makeover last night and admiring that woman who really got the lead out and dropped 92 pounds in 90 days. Then I think yeah but that was all she had to do all day 100% focus on it and that is not my life. I have to work and kids and animals and family etc. finding the time for fitness and the time for recovery from work outs like that would be impossible with out 100% focus like that.

Ah well. I am not a resolution type person but I am committed to working on my health (which has not been the best) this year and making that a priority.

That will eventually include getting back to the gym, and I do miss moving especially in the cold weather everything gets so tight and stiff with out it. ????

I am pretty sure they are compensated somehow.. If you watch the shows much you will notice at some point they are driving new vehicles mostly trucks. somebody has paid for that. As to whether they get free surgery I do not know for sure I would assume they are under some kind of contract. I have chatted with one of the gals that has had surgery and was on the show . but I did not ask her about the money thing. I am inspired by their stories and don't care if they are paid or not just happy when they are successful.

There is a some funding if you guys remember I went to one of the wls convention & I forget what it's called but I did meet a few of them.

post-139624-14523617385547_thumb.jpg

post-139624-14523618069985_thumb.jpg

I believe that is zsalyn (not sure about spelling). She has been a great inspiration to many people. I remember watching her struggle with a non supportive husband.... Who seemed very smug... And trying to raise her daughter with some healthy habits.

She is still trying and I admire her.

@ Julienorton your right.

So, just a random question ... besides trying to eat dinner earlier, does anyone have a good suggestion to avoid acid reflux at night?