Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banders #7

I wish someone would havenwarned me about unpredictable bathroom issues.

Nothing personal @@Ambergraham145 but I think you are on the wrong thread. We are a semi-private group of bandsters who've been on this site for several years and are a separate group of friends. Your posts should go on the main boards so others can see what you write and give you help/advice and support.

Thank you always for your steadfast support banders. ????

Made it thru the birthdays Just hanging in and hoping each year sheds a bit more light on my clouded heart.

On thru Xmas???????? and hoping for for a fresh new year????????.

Thanks again for being here!

Just thought I'd post this pic from Saturday night at Lincoln Center. Went to see Handel's Messiah and wanted to dress very festively to go with the holiday theme. Found this outfit in my closet...it actually belonged to my mom and she gave it to me last year when she finally admitted she'd never see this size again. Those slacks are a size 6. Three years ago I was wearing slacks in a size 24. Yup...24. Anyway, I hope my smile is as bright and sparkly as the top I have on. I can't believe how much fun it is to decide what to wear instead of just putting something on that hopefully fits.

post-142630-0-26531500-1450707089_thumb.jpg

Very Pretty , WOW that's a Very SMALL Size but You look wonderful.

Awesome picture Liz!!!

I have to tell you ladies I have felt the pain of the band bashers this weekend! As you know from my earlier rant I had some surgery and then got a horrible flu bug on top of that in-spite of my flu shot. I'm sure my immune system is more than taxed since I wasn't in the best health or frame of mind prior to surgery.

OK so this weekend it got so bad that I can hardly swallow my own saliva let alone drink anything or god forbid eat solid food. Between the meds and the stress and the pain of recovery my stoma is so irritated it's practically shut. I was in tears this weekend just wanting to take the darn band OUT. I tried going on just liquids for days but nothing was working. I was having horrible acid re-flux all day and night. The Dr. told me last night when I finally was ready to just go to the ER (or in my own imagination stick my hand down my throat and rip the band out, as if that was gonna work)

stop all eating and drinking. Duh, I hadn't been able to drink anything since the last time I tried a shake at 10 am that morning. I did what he said though and didn't even try to swallow Water. I went to bed early and prayed to get to the office this morning. Finally the PA got there around 1 this afternoon and took out 2+cc's of Fluid and the plug un plugged and I could breath again and I feel better. I was able to take some pain meds for the horrible headache I have and now around 2:30 I am feeling better.

It is not easy to suffer through that feeling of seriously feeling choked from the inside out. I don't wish to ever feel like that again. I know it's not the bands fault, and thank goodness it's able to be adjusted and I was able to get some relief. I have since added this antibiotic to my allergy list. Levaquin is not for me it definitely irritates my stomach and caused the stoma to swell up to the point that it was closed shut. Even though I stopped taking it on Thursday and went on liquids for days nothing helped until having some Fluid out today.

I'm hoping that I won't need to go back to have the rest of the band drained and that I will be able to heal over the next few weeks. I am seriously feeling down...feeling sick for so long..it's been nearly a month since surgery and recovery is slow I know it's a major thing to heal muscles, but I am so frustrated I don't like not feeling well. I hope this is the first step in getting better once and for all so I can get back to those bright smiles!!!

Omgosh Lisacaron be careful that sounds like a scary experience , hope you get better soon .

Thanks @@Debbie3sons it was a horrible experience I hope never to have to go through again. I am feeling so much better this afternoon thank goodness!! I'm sticking to liquids for another day or so and then I'll move back to soft and mush foods even though the Dr. said it was OK to eat, I am fearful of the pain that I had over the weekend, so I'd rather take it really slow and let things inside heal up before testing it again.

Hi friends. You're all going through so much. I feel like I want to give each of you a big old hug.

I've been absent from this site but I'm doing very well. Got back on a strong clean food plan and the weight is slowly coming off again.

I hope you all have a peaceful week and take good care of yourselves.

Oh, here's a picture of the maxidress my daughter asked me to wear when I met her boyfriend. He's a doll, by the way.

post-208484-14507408243745_thumb.jpg

Gosh. You gals are downright fashionable!!! I'm so happy to see healthy sizes and happy banders

Years down the road.

Sorry lisacaron for the latest gagging. Does your band get tight over time? Or do you think it was just meds? I'm so glad taking a bit out worked.... Hope you don't need more out and all is calm.

My band is fairly calm these days... Some days she is downright fickle. But mostly chew ,chew, .... Lots of Beans and chicken lately

Oh Lisa...I'm so sorry you're having issues. I hope you are doing better now that some of the Fluid is out. You poor thing...you and Ken should just relax and do nothing for a few days if possible.

@@gowalking thanks Liz. Feeling 100% better today thank goodness!!! I plan to lay low through the end of the year and into the new year. Really taking the time to focus on changes that I need to make through out my life not just in eating, but in reducing stress and trying not to do everything that needs doing and making time to just do nothing relax and enjoy life.

Even though this was right after surgery visiting my cousin in CT (probably where I got sick, with all the little ones running around literally noses and all.) I can still find my smile :)

post-146347-0-07980600-1450796749_thumb.jpg

post-146347-0-30801900-1450796525_thumb.jpg

@@gowalking thanks Liz. Feeling 100% better today thank goodness!!! I plan to lay low through the end of the year and into the new year. Really taking the time to focus on changes that I need to make through out my life not just in eating, but in reducing stress and trying not to do everything that needs doing and making time to just do nothing relax and enjoy life.

Even though this was right after surgery visiting my cousin in CT (probably where I got sick, with all the little ones running around literally noses and all.) I can still find my smile :)

attachicon.gifAutum Ken and Lisa.jpg

attachicon.gif2015 Holiday greeting.jpg

Oh the pics are terrific. I must admit I wasn't sure about the hair color when you first changed it, but I am liking it more and more each time I see it on you. :)

Hi there, all -- Happy Solstice and all the rest. So much going on at this time of year -- I have to admit I am looking forward to January and the calm following all the holiday merry-making. It's been one thing after the other here, including a three-day trip to see cousins out of state where we helped them give a huge party. Must run in the family. Exhausted but happy. Taking a morning in bed with my laptop and journal beside me. Need to choose myself first and make sure I am well-rested, not racing around. I gasped when I saw the scale this morning but assume that is a lot of retention. Time to rein it in, however, and get back on "my" foods versus restaurant food, party food, etc. I did hydrate very well on our trip -- took six bottles of my cranberry aloe Water with me and downed them all -- plus I got out for one mega-walk through a beautiful park. Now to get my exercise routine here established for the cold months ahead when I can't really do the outdoor thing. My treadmill awaits. Need something like a video series to watch down there while I'm doing it.

The Holidays can be a very difficult time especially if you are not feeling well. I recently had a 46 year old male cousin died who was the picture of health and left behind two children in college. He was the third child that my aunt and uncle had lost one at child birth one at 26 and the one above at 46.

You never know what life will bring so you need to enjoy your life.

Below my wife and I at the Orange County Winter fest in Costa Mesa CA,

post-22144-0-79179700-1450892207_thumb.jpg