Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hey all.

Thought it was time to check in for the week. Seeing as it's the week that's in it i wanted to share some of the stuff that i've been up to pre christmas. Christmas eve I will be five weeks post surgery and hopefully back in the realm of solid foods. food and I have kind of become a strange bedfellow. I still have to work on my reasons for eating as i still crave the "enjoyment" and "Comfort" that food brings. However that is a niggle that i am sure I will Iron out.

In other news i have completely changed my perspective as regards christmas shopping. I used to love going out and buying other people things. I never really thought about myself as i was certain that almost no shops stocked clothes in my size...... I hated clothes shopping for myself. Boy has that changed. I wandered around Dublin on Saturday loving every thing I saw in front of me and relishing in the fact that not only did everything i try on fit me i also had to find a smaller size in some of them. That has literally never happened to me...... ever......

I was also pleasantly surprised at how much energy i had afterwards. Normally if i was walking around all day i would be very drained. However even after a full twelve hours tramping around shops carrying stuff for mum as is my usual christmas tradition/chore I was fresh as the proverbial daisy.

So that's the skinny. I'm now 0.1 of a pound off 100lbs down. yup that's 99.9lbs of weightless since August. My BMI is gone from 46. something to 33.1. Right now of course i am still obese but those days are happily numbered. I'm having an enormous "hey guess what! Des is no longer obese party" when i finally get it down to 29.9.

So what about everyone else how are your stats going? Is this christmas looking very different for you guys? Mine will be my most different since i spent it on the beach in cambodia 2 years ago. Might go back there with my rocking new bod next christmas actually.... maybe you guys might join me. They have that plankton in the Water that glows when you swipe your hand through it.

Anyway that's the lot for now. Thanks for reading and may your christmas be the merriest and brightest you've ever experienced.

Des x

Edited by Desmond Longbottom

@@Desmond Longbottom when you Iron this out out can you share with me how you did it? " I still have to work on my reasons for eating as i still crave the "enjoyment" and "Comfort" that food brings. However that is a niggle that i am sure I will Iron out." I'm doing much better at this, but still not where I would like to be with it.

Thank you for sharing your status! Things sound awesome for you and I am so happy!

Not much news on this end. I'm down 50lbs. from HW. Can't wait to lose another 50! People are just starting to notice the difference. Like Des, I have so much more energy, and I feel I can keep in going and going, like the energizer bunny! :D

Hello everyone! Glad to check in and see everyone is making progress ???? I am down 50# since my surgery 9/30. I can eat anything I have tried so far, and only experienced problems after eating pistachios once.

I am sticking to the rules with Protein first and still have the occasional shake if I can't get my protein in.

I knew this was the surgery for me from day one and still so excited about my journey.

Finally went shopping (pants way too big) and was surprised that I went from a size 20 in plus section to a size 16 from Old Navy. Yep, tears of joy. All the best to each of you ~

So is anyone seeing any major hair loss yet? I haven't yet but hit my 3 month point next week and am wondering if that is my next "challenge"!

Just starting to notice that my hair is thinning. So far, it isn't terrible, but I do feel more "scalpy". Hopefully, it won't get too much worse.

well christmas is over..... phew. My family goes a bit nuts when ever everybody is around each other too much. Just before christmas i secured a new job which thankfully requires me to move a few towns away. huzzah! solid food has been a bit of an adventure. especially over christmas. There has been a lot of temptations. some of which i have succumbed too but i think a half ounce of cheese now and then is not gonna undo my best laid plans. It hasn't affected the scales anyway as I have continued to lose weight. That being said i'm not making a habit of anything. For the most part food and I are in what seems like a long break up process. It simply does not love me any more and I am definitely starting not to love it.

I bought one of those hover board scooters the other day. I was delighted to find that i no longer exceeded it's maximum weight limit of 110kgs or 242lbs so i thought. Hey. Why the frick not? :) Well other than the fact i'm 33 and really shouldn't be spending money on things like that.

How was everybody's christmas??

des x

Hello Des! Glad to hear you had a good Christmas. I ate some things I definately should not have. But I figured it's one day and I do still have to live. Lol

Congrats on hover board they look super fun! Happy New Year to you!

Hi Des.

Good work! I too am not following the siren call of food anymore. I'm still on the smoochy bits stage. Surgery was 11/18 and at 6 weeks out I've lost 30 ponds. Down from 324. For Christmas dinner I ate half of a skinless baked potato with a little butter and sour cream and a teensie sliver of cheesecake. I guess I had a "white Christmas". I wasn't ever tempted by the prime rib. The small of fresh baked Cookies at a friend's was wonderful but I didn't feel like eating them. Who am I????

Love the change. Happy New Year!

post-258729-0-48711000-1451490743_thumb.jpeg

Edited by SassyNanny

@ tcrehm I have noticed some light shedding but that may just be because I am watching for it.

So is anyone seeing any major Hair loss yet? I haven't yet but hit my 3 month point next week and am wondering if that is my next "challenge"!

I am not sure I would call it "major", but I am definitely losing some. Hopefully, it won't be too much. I have a lot of hair, but am definitely feeling more "scalpy".

@@Desmond Longbottom

cheese is not your enemy! It is a good source of Protein and fine in moderation. My biggest challenge over the holidays was Desserts. It would be so easy to just have a bit or this or that...and graze on treats all day long. I sent as much home with my kids as I could, and although the scale didn't move much last week, it has resumed its slow descent.

Happy New Year!

I'm losing hair now too. It's not major. But I see it on my pillow in the morning and on my towel after showering. I have very thin hair to start with so this concerns me. I had my surgery September 24. So right at 3 month mark I noticed it

????

I did well on Xmas and Boxing Day. It must have taken a toll as I lost it a bit on the 27th on some nuts, cheese and popcorn at the movies :(

The next day I faced up to it and entered it all into MFP. To my surprise the daily total was only 918 calories. Pre sleeve a blow out would probably have hit 10,000 calories.

Drawback of being 100lbs down....

I am so frickin cold.... all the time!

Well Des you have shed your polar bear suit. I've inky lost 29 so far and I'm cold too. It has dipped to near freezing here in California at night the last few days and I have jacked my heater up to over 80° for an hour or so. I finally brought the little space heater I used at work in from the garage and turned it in high next to my recliner. Now the house is set to 72° and I'm still toasty.

Happy 2016 to Everyone