Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did they weigh you on all your nutrition and pre-op appointments (the last 2 and your anesthesia appt.) I was obsessed the first two months and then was in the mindset of just chill or you'll make yourself go crazy. Still in chill mode but my last appointment is in 2 weeks so I'm sure the obsession will return. I have UC insurance so I'm hoping this somehow expedites the pre-cert because I'm sure I'll lose sleep until the approval...lol

Kyboo1972, maybe they are being cautious about the whole blood clot situation. We are at alot of risk with them so that's probably why. We are also at high risk of pneumonia too. It's crazy in a way but we all should be fine. Maybe you can ask what it's about or how they do it. Or look it up? It will all be worth it.

Bloomer, I did get weighed every time. When you do your classes though and the appointment with the anesthesiologist then your already submitted to the insurance, you will be okay I think if you gain if something happens. The nutritionist put my wrong weight down the day of the class. She had me 250 and then the pre op class I was 270 so I gained from 20 pounds within a day. Dr Ivan caught it. I've been going to west chester 3 different times within a week. I'm so glad it's over until surgery. I drive like 45 mins.

I'm in florence, KY so it takes me 45 minutes as well and that's if traffic is moving. I started at 225.8 and my last weigh in I was 225.8. I'm up to 229 now probably due to the weather and just wanting to hibernate and of course eating too much...lol what are you having for dinner tonight? Enjoy your drinks!

Fireman9302, are you going through UC? After my last appointment they submit my insurance in for all the reviews. It takes 1 week to 45 days to get approved. I was approved after 8 days. I then had to do 2 different classes. 1 with the nutritionist and then 2nd one with my PA for pre op. Just go over all the hospital stuff. I just had an appointment today with the anesthesiologist. I got my blood drawn and they talked medicines and did a view over my body. I'm all done until I get .

Im not sure what UC is?

I do my montly appointments at KDMC.

Bloomer, I had larosas for dinner. Their one of my favorite pizza places besides donatos. They both are kind of expensive but larosas is just down the road so I chose that. I didn't get to drink with my best friend tonight since she changed plans. She usually does so it kind of sucks but I'm not a big drinker anyways so it's not a loss for me. Would of just been nice. I have to work 10 hours on Sunday starting at 630am. I'm not very happy. It's gonna be hard since we will be extra tired from nothing to eat pretty much. I'm just trying to have a positive mind for all of this. I know the end outcome and it's gonna be okay. Can't believe 2 more weeks.

Fireman. Uc is University of Cincinnati. Not sure if your from ohio or not.

Don't mean to intrude but I saw Larosas mentioned and had to comment! I'm from NKY and currently dreaming of a warm slice of Larosas pizza thanks to your post!

Maymarie, you are perfectly fine! Have you had surgery yet? I'm sorry about bragging about pizza. It's my last night to enjoy any favorite food. 2 week liquid diet to start tommrow. Definitely dreading it. It's nice to have someone that isn't to far away too. I live in Cincinnati. Delhi area. We aren't to far apart.

Yes I had surgery on 1/18 and I'm currently in the full liquid phase. I never thought I'd be so excited to eat pureed food but February 2nd can't come soon enough

How's it going Molly? I work Sundays too 7a-7p. I think I might do better at work because I can busy myself with stuff and there's really no food around unless I go to the cafeterria. At home, well I have two kids 5 & 7 who's Snacks don't normally bother me, but if I'm starving and desperate I could finish a box of fruit snacks..lol

I'm having mine done in huntington wv.

Yeah Huntington! I am originally from there graduated from Huntington High and attended Marshall. Living in Virginia now.

Maymarie, that's awesome you just had surgery. Hopefully everything is going good for you. We won't be to far behind each other. I have mine Feb 12th.

This liquid diet is getting pretty hard. I'm starving actually. I got called into work so I've been busy today but it's just alot it seems like. I don't understand how they expect these Protein Shakes to fill us up right now. I do 8oz. I think dr. Ivan said after a couple days, we will start filling up faster with little. I sure do hope so. I'm getting very tired too. But like I said, I've just been going all day so my body is just trying to catch up.

Molly I need an update.! Hope you're doing okay.

Hi bloomer! Okay, so I was really bad yesterday. Felt like I was gonna pass out at work. I was bad though and didn't take any shakes with me since my stomach was upset with gas really bad. I didn't want to work 10 hours with that. I did try some broth on lunch and it just didn't fill me up. These shakes aren't filling at all either. I have been starving. As bad as it sounds, yesterday I had some pretzel sticks. The small ones while I was at work. I didn't want to pass out. I kind of figured working 10 hours was a bad idea. And I was stupid for not taking any shakes with me as well. I was light headed and couldn't see straight. I'm doing better today but I do have a sinus infection now. I can take my allergy medicine so I'm doing that. It's making everything so much worse.

Nooooo, sorry to hear this Molly. I'm sure the pretzels aren't going to hurt the process. What shakes are you drinking? I have some chicken Protein broth which I hope is more filling than regular plain chicken broth. Hope your sinus infection passes. One of my fears is being sick and having to postpone surgery. Dumb I know but after 8 months of this I'm so ready.

I am using uc Protein Shakes. They don't fill me up just yet. I also have an organic kind because I don't sit well with milk. They both are horrible. I'm doing okay today. Haven't been to hungry so maybe my stomach is getting used to it? I've been doing the organic one all day and it's been giving me bad head aches I think so I think I might just give up on it. I bought 1 Premier Protein shake through the mail so it should be here tommrow. I'm gonna try it. If it's good then I'm buying some. My in laws have a Sam's Club card and it's like 18 bucks for a 12 pack there. It would be so much better if they tastes decent you know?