Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any 6 month nutrition people still hanging in their?

Hi all I started my 6 month nutrition diet in june after my sept. Visit I will only have 2 more nutrition visits yay found out I gotta do an egd not happy never had one before do anyone else gotta have that with their doctor? Also since starting nutrition diet I have gained 5 lbs????therefore I was getting a little discouraged but chime in people keep hope alive for those of us doing 6 month nutrition visits.

I started my 6 month supervised dieting in June also. I am eating low carb/hi Protein. What plan are you on?

So far I have been very committed and I have lost 20 lbs. Lately I seemed to have stalled a little bit even though I am still eating the same way and I finally realized it is because I dropped off on my Water drinking. I must get use to drinking WATER!

Keep at it, get committed, I know we can do this!

Hellurrrr im in my last mnth for the 6 mo wt management thank god its almost over!!! I have a nutritiin class (90min) and 2 phsyc visits left hopefuly all finished by 3rd week of sept? More closer i get the more nervous and scared!!! Pls excuse thumb errors ????????????????

Btw i started in March 2015.

Just starting my six month wait. A little disappointed but at least I have one appointment each month for weigh in and testing. Hopefully this will make it seem faster. Once my last weight is recorded, I will have everything else that is required already done. Estimated surgery is in January 2016.

I started my 6 month journey in June and have been gaining and losing the same 6 lbs since I started. I am trying to commit and my surgery center told me that as long as I try, I should be fine. I also have three more visits, so it sounds like our surgery dates will be quite similar.

Hi all I started my 6 month nutrition diet in june after my sept. Visit I will only have 2 more nutrition visits yay found out I gotta do an egd not happy never had one before do anyone else gotta have that with their doctor? Also since starting nutrition diet I have gained 5 lbstherefore I was getting a little discouraged but chime in people keep hope alive for those of us doing 6 month nutrition visits.

Don't worry about the endoscopy. It's important for them to have so they know what's in your stomach and aren't suprised by anything they find in there. They are also checking for polyps or ulcers. You'll need somoene to go with you to bring you home, but I went to work after mine. No big deal. They put you to sleep, you take a little nap, and you wake up. That's all! I'm also doing 6 months of nutrition. Waiting is the hardest part. It took me decades to gain the weight so waiting 6 months for the surgery to get it off is okay. At least that's what I tell myself when I'm being positive about it.

I'm hanging in there. Got my last one on Sept 9th. Then I'll have a date. They say I'll still be I'm Set but looks yo me towards the end of month

I'm hanging in there. Got my last one on Sept 9th. Then I'll have a date. They say I'll still be I'm Set but looks yo me towards the end of month

Hi Natalie glad to here you are still hanging in here I know you are ready one more appt. yayyyy cant wait till im in your shoes???? keep me posted on how things go thks for your response.

I started my 6 month journey in June and have been gaining and losing the same 6 lbs since I started. I am trying to commit and my surgery center told me that as long as I try, I should be fine. I also have three more visits, so it sounds like our surgery dates will be quite similar.

thks I really feel much better now about the endoscopy.

I started my 6 months in June, I've lost 10 lbs. My EDG is scheduled for sept 11th. My last nut class is Dec 1st. After that, I'll be crossing fingers, toes and whatever else till the insurance says yes :)

I also am in the 6 month process. My last nutrition appointment is Oct. 7th. I'm so excited! Hopefully I will have surgery in late October or early November depending how fast insurance approves and how fast I can get an appointment. Hang in there! It seems like it takes forever but it eventually gets there. I really don't have to lose any weight during my 6 months due to if I drop below a BMI of 35, I won't be eligible (through insurance). I am at 36 BMI now. I have been practicing with the new way of eating and I exercise 4-6 days a week so hopefully I will be ready when the time comes.

I just started my 6 months and yes, I have to do endoscope in October. I was told not to gain as that would make you start over per insurance. My company has been bought out and I'm keeping fingers crossed that new insurance still covers sleeve!

I first meet the WL Dr on June 15 got weighed in at that time. He explained the sleeve surgery and told me my insurance wanted a lot of different tests. I also had to be on a supervised diet and needed to see the Dr 5 more times and get weighed in each time. Was not given an amount to lose just try and follow his 4 rules now. I have seen him two more times since June 15 and have lost 20 pounds so far. I saw the NUT for the pre-op diet in June and saw the Psych for the first time today. Have 2 more times with her. I had a Catscan to locate what kind of hernia I have and where it is located. That Catscan shows I have an umbilical hernia, a porcelain gallbladder and a nodule on my right lung. I am waiting for a referral for another Catscan for the nodule. The Dr said he would take out the gallbladder during the WLS but he wanted to leave the hernia in as he said after WLS the hernia might come back if he took it out. He would rather take it out when I reach my goal. I still have other test I need to take but not sure what they are at this time. It is looking WLS will be in Jan of 2016 if insurance approves the surgery. So I still have a ways to go and am trying to follow the High protein/Low carb the Dr put me on in June.

i start my 6 month wait offically sept 9th and i go all the way to feb like 2 or 12 im not sure. i should be having my surgery early to late march early april at the latest

I started my 6 mnth in July.. soooo 2 mnths down and counting... its going (slowly) wishing it went as fast as the rest of the time does when there is nothing waiting at the end :)