Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sept date I am all set

@@Jay05

Yes, from what I was told, the first 3-4 days are the worst. The PA told my hubby to be prepared, he said everything that goes wrong during that time will be the hubbies fault. Sun comes up late, hubbies fault. Water not hot enough, hubbies fault. We laughed about it, but PA said that will be the worst pain. There was a lot of stuff poking around in there and a lot done, so it's only within reason there will be pain.

Just stay ahead of it and take those pains meds!! Most important.

You will survive and be a new happy person, believe!

Day 3 post op... Feeling much better, finally can see some.light at the end of the tunnel. Havent felt hungry at. still on 'free liquids'.

I know I expected pain but nothing prepared me for th back and should pain.. this hurt much more than the op (tummy incisions) I didn't have a drain and was walking day 1. Good luck to you all. It's a very tough couple of days but it doesn't get easier. I hope to be going home in the morning.. Can't wait as I cannot sleep in this bed! x x

@@Radar I had mine at Cedar Sinai with Dr. Scott Cuneen and my aunt had the lap-band at Marina Del Rey hospital years ago by Dr. Korman. My mom also used to work at Marina Del Rey Hospiral back when it was still a part of Daniel Freeman, so you should definitely be in good hands.

@@Jay05

Yes, from what I was told, the first 3-4 days are the worst. The PA told my hubby to be prepared, he said everything that goes wrong during that time will be the hubbies fault. Sun comes up late, hubbies fault. Water not hot enough, hubbies fault. We laughed about it, but PA said that will be the worst pain. There was a lot of stuff poking around in there and a lot done, so it's only within reason there will be pain.

Day 3 post op... Feeling much better, finally can see some.light at the end of the tunnel. Havent felt hungry at. still on 'free liquids'.

I know I expected pain but nothing prepared me for th back and should pain.. this hurt much more than the op (tummy incisions) I didn't have a drain and was walking day 1. Good luck to you all. It's a very tough couple of days but it doesn't get easier. I hope to be going home in the morning.. Can't wait as I cannot sleep in this bed! x x

Thanks for this post. I've heard a bunch of people say during their hospital time in post-op, they were in so much pain they were regretting the decision to have surgery but months later they were happy they did it. I always have back and shoulder pain and I don't really know what this surgery would do to the back or shoulders. I thought it would all be abdominal pain. Hopefully they give you some good meds to keep you hurting too badly.

The back and shoulder pain is from went they pumped your abdominal cavity with air so they could see to move around. It will slowly work its way out of your system. Not to worry.

Radar, hope all goes well. Keep us updated.

Jay05, keep the faith, you will get better and the pain will ease.

in soo much pain post op. regretting every decision at the mo ????????????????????

Hang in there. You can do it. It will get better.

@@Jay05 trust me I feel everything you're going through, but we went into this knowing it was gonna be a struggle. So be strong my dear, this is just the beginning, and that's why we're here to support each other and let you know you're not alone. Trust me, I can't get comfortable to save my life. I took my pants off, put me back on then took them off again, trying everything to find relief. But I know it's gonna get better. I will say a prayer for us tonight that tomorrow is better. Until then, try to get some rest❤️

@@Jay05

Thanks for this post. I've heard a bunch of people say during their hospital time in post-op, they were in so much pain they were regretting the decision to have surgery but months later they were happy they did it. I always have back and shoulder pain and I don't really know what this surgery would do to the back or shoulders. I thought it would all be abdominal pain. Hopefully they give you some good meds to keep you hurting too badly.

Morning! The shoulder pain was due to the air being pumped into you during op.. that went with alot of arm movement exercise eat. the back and side pain was excessive lying on my back. I was in op for 4 hours then another 3.5 in recovery. had complications but all went well over all. Since I put some ibroprofen gel on my back last night I haven't needed any meds for the tummy!! I met a lady who had the surgery 4 years ago (she was visiting the patient next to me) she popped her head in to say don't give up and even tho your having a very bad time it's worth it. seing how good she looked really helped!! I hope to be going home today so I'm feeling positive ????

The back and shoulder pain is from went they pumped your abdominal cavity with air so they could see to move around. It will slowly work its way out of your system. Not to worry.

Radar, hope all goes well. Keep us updated.

Jay05, keep the faith, you will get better and the pain will ease.

I have a lot of shoulder and back pain. I just took a pain pill for the back pain. I also had a hiatal hernia repair so I'm thinking part of the pain is from that. I just measured a couple of places and I'm down 2 1/2 inches on my chest. I think this will help me today as I crave different things. One day at a time! Today is 5 days post op.

Surgery tomorrow, omg!!! I dnt even know how to feel....is that weird? Im happy, scared, nervous, excited all at once. O, lets not forget hungry. Only clear liquids today

It's going to turn out great!

@@ExcitedNana

I'll have a small hernia repair also. Don't know what to expect with that.

Newme4113 - Good luck and let us know how you are doing

OK, I've done a stupid thing, and weighed myself. Despite eating a total of 1400 calories in the LAST 5 DAYS, the scales say I've GAINED 3 pounds! I know it's my fault, and that its from all the fluids IV, but I'm still gutted.

Fellow September sleevers, DON't weigh yourself post op, let me make that mistake for you all ????

I can see how that would be disheartening nomilktoday. I will remember and not weigh inno matter how curious I may be.