Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are all the 50 something bypass patients?

I was 58 when I had my bypass last year. I basically have been problem free. I love my weight loss! My biggest regret is not having the surgery ten years ago. My husband and I are going on a trip out West next week and it is a trip that I would not have considered doing a year ago. My body and mind are sooo happy!

Although a little gross, if you feel like food is getting stuck or just hasn't agreed with you for some reason, go on and let yourself vomit. I had to do this occasionally especially for the first few months after surgery. Now I can eat almost anything that I CHOOSE to eat. Many things I would not even consider eating! My # 1 concern at this point is regain. Best of luck to all!

I'm 50 and scheduled for November 30th! If my insurance would have covered WLS prior to this year, I'd have gotten it done much sooner. Now it's finally going to happen!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm 58 had RNY Aug 15, 16. I have lost 42 pounds so far. I have not had problems with vomiting. I recommend following the diet close while your pouch heals. You will have no regrets. I'm off most all my meds. I just take a small dose of blood pressure med. and my anti depression. Hope I can get off all of then in the months to come.

Hi everyone! I'm 52 years old and my RNY is scheduled for October 18th at mayo Clinic - Rochester MN!

I'm a soon to be 52 year old woman. Had bypass in July 2012 and met my individual goal, but not the doctors goal. I play with 10 pounds up and down. Want the support. I am now going thru menopause and many life changes. Let's connect. I like in Pittsburgh

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Not 50 yet, but just had a band to bypass revision and hoping to reach my goal by my 50th birthday just over a year from now.

I am a 49 YO (I will be 50 in February 2017) kangaroo (I have a pouch). My RNY surgery was 20 October 2016. Not much pain and I am on soft foods. Today is my first day back to work since my surgery.

55 and have the revision from sleeve to bypass on 11/7 feel great. Port removal tomorrow nervous about that and of course constipated. Sorry TMI but so happy about new life.

Sent from my SM-N900P using the BariatricPal App

@@choosehope Yay - ladies my age! I'll turn 54 next month. I had bypass 4/21/15 and had my 5 month anniversary this past Monday. I took pics and will share them with y'all. As hard as it was to take those "before" pics, I'm so glad I did. I took pics in three different outfits. I took them again at 3 months and now at 5 since I hit a personal goal of "75 lbs" lost. I can't believe how that once tight 3X now hangs on me. It was my son's suggestion to hold my shirt out to show the difference. The black outfit is a size "L". Haven't been in regular size clothes in years. I have hit stalls along the way after my surgery but have upped my Protein to average an of 125 grams, keeping within my 850 calorie goal, so that seems to be doing the trick. I've been battling obesity for 30+ years so I will take my success and be happy with it as I feel blessed to have had this life changing operation. It's my second chance at life and I will NOT squander it!!!

HW: 285 lbs

SW: 257 lbs

CW: 181 lbs

WOW WOW WOW, you look incredible and so much younger. Congratulations

I think so.

How about about a ROLL CALL to see who is around?

Name: Kay

RNY: 10/18/16

SW: 247

CW: 213

Height: 5' 6"

Name: Phil

RNY: 20 Oct 2016

SW: 246

CW: 196

Height: 5' 6"