Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

any one starting the 6 month journey to have their wls in march or april

so i saw the doc in august per my insurance i have to have 6 months of classes and all the tests and so my wls date should be in 7-8 months anyone else having surgery around that time

I have my first appointment 8/27 and then a psych appointment 9/6. It seems like time is dragging, I'll be happy to have that first appointment because then I'll have a starting date to count from. I'm hoping for a March surgery date.

i have not scheduled any of the tests yet because the coordinator said they all had to be done after november 15

Yes, I am just starting the process as well. I have had my psych appointment and will meet with the nutritionist and surgeon this week. I am required by my insurance to have 6 months of nutritional counseling and will be looking at spring of 2016 for my surgery, if approved by my insurance. I will also have all of the upper GI testing and sleep study testing done during that period.

@@bryan1959 i met with the nut last week and following her plan have already lost 6 pounds its strict but man is it nice to see something anything working

If all goes well God will I hope to be having my surgery Dec or Jan I have had all the prerequisites, I.e., NUT eval, cardio, etc., the insurance came back and said they require 6 months physician/Nutritionist eval so here I am but I'm not giving up.

I'll probably be around April. Seems like sooooooo long. I worry about losing too much weight pre op and them being like "oh ok you don't need surgery you can do it on your own".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have my first consult on Monday, with my first supervised doc appt on the 25th. Sept is month 1 and Feb is month 6, so I'm hoping March or April.

My birthday is at the end of April, so this would be a great birthday gift to me.

My 6 month is like middle of Feb I should have all the tests done in December except the ekg so I'm looking March for mine

I'm close ???? I had my first consultation July 20th, and since then I've had a nutrition apt, psych eval, barium swallow, GI ultrasound and my monthly visits which I'm required To do for 6 months before I'm approved. My surgeon said my surgery would be around feb/march because my info wont be sent out to insurance until 2016. I'm new to this forum and also looking for ppl who are getting the surgery in the same time frame!

My classes start 10/1 and complete 1/14, then surgery shortly after. Will likely be february or march

Soontobesleeved92 you can pm me on here or find me on Facebook my name on there is Jessica ellision-correa