Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Seattle Sleevers?

December 16th at Swedish in Issaquah for me :)

I was sleeved December 22nd at Swedish First Hill. :)

Hi Seattle area! I grew up across the Puget Sound in Silverdale but now live in Portland, OR. My insurance only covers weight loss surgery at Swedish or the Providence in Everett, so I'll be traveling up there for my surgery. I haven't picked my surgeon yet, but will be hopefully figuring that out in the next couple weeks so I can get moving on this!

Rainy Days, I am a Providence Employee too. Dr. Chen with Swedish was my surgeon. I had a great experience at Swedish First Hill for my care including my 3 months of medically supervised weight loss.

Another PSSC veteran.

Billing removed my band, Landerholm did my sleeve 4 years ago and I have seen Dr Harris for other issues. I have had laser hair removal done there, colonoscopy - basically they are my first choice for all!

Rainy Days, I am a Providence Employee too. Dr. Chen with Swedish was my surgeon. I had a great experience at Swedish First Hill for my care including my 3 months of medically supervised weight loss.

I'm glad to hear you had a great experience there! And I'm so glad to hear from another Prov employee! Could you tell me more about the 3 months medically supervised weight loss? I see your stats and they are similar to mine with being barely above the 40 BMI before surgery. I spoke to a nurse case manager with insurance that said they go by the first visit weight. Was that your experience? Could you tell me more about the 3 months weight loss? The case manager told me they want a person to lose 5% over 3 months. I'd love to hear your experience on all this!

I'm glad to hear you had a great experience there! And I'm so glad to hear from another Prov employee! Could you tell me more about the 3 months medically supervised weight loss? I see your stats and they are similar to mine with being barely above the 40 BMI before surgery. I spoke to a nurse case manager with insurance that said they go by the first visit weight. Was that your experience? Could you tell me more about the 3 months weight loss? The case manager told me they want a person to lose 5% over 3 months. I'd love to hear your experience on all this!

My first appointment with Swedish I weighed 238. I quickly began to drop weight after that with the medically supervised weight-loss. I was frustrated at first with the wait time but now that I am post surgery I am happy I had those three months to learn how to eat post-op. Swedish has you do a high Protein low carb diet and record everything that you eat. Like I said it gave me time to learn how to eat, find high Protein recipes that I like, and discover what Protein shakes are my favorite (there are a ton of options out there). For me 5% in the three months would have been 13 pounds and I lost 30.

I got the ball rolling this week. My insurance only allows me the choice of two WLS centers. Swedish required me to go to a seminar (that is 2.5 hours away from me) before I scheduled an appointment and NWWLS didn't... so I called NWWLS. The people on the phone are so nice!

Anyway, I got surprised that they require me to go into my primary care doctor's office and get a letter with my height and weight. After I send them that and fill out the history forms, they will schedule my first appointment. So I see my primary care on Friday!

I got insurance approval for the initial visits! Since I am traveling from so far, the NWWLS office was able to make 4 appointments for me in a single day. I'll be seeing the psychologist, the dietician, the exercise physiologist, and the surgeon all on February 18th!

I'm in Spanaway and having mine done on Weds, Feb 10 2016 at 6:30a at UWMC with Dr. Marcelo Hinojosa. I got in as they had a previous cancellation, so my 1000 cal diet was only 11 days. Tomorrow is my last day of my diet. I'm ready and nervous at the same time.

Hope you're doing well, Munstersfan!

Surgery went well on Weds and I'm taking it one day at a time thank you :)

I got insurance approval for the initial visits! Since I am traveling from so far, the NWWLS office was able to make 4 appointments for me in a single day. I'll be seeing the psychologist, the dietician, the exercise physiologist, and the surgeon all on February 18th!

How did your appointment go on 2/18? How are you feeling? What kind of diet did they place you on?

I had a great appointment, thanks for asking! I saw the psychologist, Dr. Havellana, who was amazing and gave me the thumbs up for surgery. I saw the exercise physiologist and dietician who gave me info and goals to work on for the next three months. And I saw the surgeon Dr. Chock, who was great. She recommended the sleeve, which is what I was hoping for. Like you know, I have to lose 5% over three months. They gave me a diet that focuses on Protein. I'm down a bit already, but it's the keeping it off that matters so I'm going to have to really give my best effort. I don't want to return on May 20th and find out I didn't lose all that I have to. The insurance doesn't easily give a second chance at this. I'm hoping for a July surgery date but I have to work my time off around my coworkers, so we will see. I have a great nurse case manager with the insurance company and she is helping me navigate everything. I have to do a sleep study next.

So how are things going for you? You are over 8 weeks out, right? How are you feeling and how is your energy?

I was sleeved on Jan 21, and have lost 30 pounds so far. I plateaued for a week and a half in late February, but discovered I had some hidden carbs I needed to eliminate from my diet.

50 pounds to go! :-)

Sent from my HTC One M9 using the BariatricPal App