Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One and a half years out - gastric sleeve surgery

I think most people hit a plataue. I just stopped losing. Thought I was done. Bought new clothes size 12. I was wrong. Started losing weight again. Now I got a closet full of clothes that don't fit me. The pylori was causing a lot of nausea.

Thanks everyone. It's nice to talk to people who know what I've gone through or are headed in that direction.

I wonder if some of these comments you guys are hearing about looking sick are pure jealousy? Thinner women seem to battle weight almost as much as I do in their own minds.

Almost every time someone brings Cookies or something into my work, one of the women demands to know who is responsible and exclaims, "you are the DEVIL!" Personally I think they're psychos and avoid this chatter as much as possible.

When you're really overweight and start losing weight, it seems some catty women will cheer you on at first, but then feel threatened when you start to approach their weight/BMI or even surpass them.

In college I took up kickboxing my junior year and started shredding weight. After months of success, a friend cornered me and tried to stage an intervention, insisting I must have an eating disorder that I most certainly did not have.

Also agree that many people no longer remember what a healthy BMI looks like. I've actually heard this phenomena is prevalent in pediatrics. People honestly can't tell their pre-school and elementary school-age children are overweight.

@

I think your right. I have one "friend" in particular, that I was the wing girl on nights out. She had most of the attention. Now roles are reversed. Let's just say all of the sudden we aren't "friends". She's also decided it's drugs or an eating disorder. I don't need that type of "friend".

Congratulations. Women can be catty. As long as you feel great and your doctor isn't concerned, just keep telling yourself they're jealous.

I can't wait to be in your shoes and finally no longer the wing woman on my nights out!

I just realized I'm 2 1/2 years out, not 1 1/2 years out. I had ask my husband. He was wrong. :-) I stayed at 140 forever.

Congratulations! As long as you are getting in your Protein and taking your Vitamins, don't feel you have to gain weight just to please others. They really just aren't used to you looking that way. Do you have any words of advice for some of us who are still in a plateau?! I've been here for way too long and need to get it moving again. I do know that I have been "cheating" a bit now and am off track.

But I am inspired by you--I'm very happy for you.

@@esskay77

No words of advice. I just kept doing what I'd been told to do. But I will tell you this, I've basically been sick since January 19t . Flu, bronchitis, pneumonia, mrsa infection, Migraines, strained neck muscles, helacobactor pylori, knee replacement surgery... I don't know if that kick started it again, or it was just time. I'm healthy again now and still losing weight.

@@SWEETTEA Thanks. I guess I probably know why I've stalled. I've been off track and I need to get back on track. Being in the grocery story, I just always have the urge to buy Cookies and things and have been doing that. At least this conversation got me out walking again--just got back from a 2 mile walk.

@@esskay77

Wishing you luck. There were a few times I got stuck. One of them my body went into starvation mode because I wasn't eating. Eat right and keep on movin' on.

@@esskay77

I wish I could get back to hiking. I can barely walk a block now. (had total knee replacement surgery) BUT, my walking stick is by the door waiting on me.

sweettea,

Congratulations! You look fantastic, and you sound so happy! I am so glad the sleeve is working out for you. Thanks for sharing your experience with us!

@@esskay77

No words of advice. I just kept doing what I'd been told to do. But I will tell you this, I've basically been sick since January 19t . Flu, bronchitis, pneumonia, mrsa infection, Migraines, strained neck muscles, helacobactor pylori, knee replacement surgery... I don't know if that kick started it again, or it was just time. I'm healthy again now and still losing weight.

1st congrats! I'm about to hit 3 months and it's still an adjustment. I can't wait until I'm 1 year out. Off the topic.... what do you take for your migraines? I used to take a combination of Tylenol and ibuprofen, but now that I can't take ibuprofen anymore, I don't know what to do. My last Migraine was over a month ago so I just took the Tylenol that was prescribed after surgery and that worked, but eventually that will run out. This migraine is really bad, nausea, dizziness, sensitivity to light and I'm dealing with it at work.

@@cantseemytoes

Well, volume seems to help mine. But, if they get really bad I take a couple of ibprophen. I have also been seeing a chiropractor.

I know we aren't supposed to take ibprophen, but there are times nothing works. I take the least amount to do the job. Chiropractor has me taking sesame oil pills. They seem to help.