Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey did you guys that had UHC have to have a caseworker and if so was it hard to get in touch with them? I can never get my caseworker on the phone and I just got a letter in the mail saying that if I don't get in touch with them they are going to cancel my program!! Ugh.

I had UHC up until three years ago. They dicked me around on everything. I thought the customer service was non-existent. I'm thrilled to have a new plan that doesn't suck. Best of luck to you.

I have UHC as well- I left mine 3 messages but she calls me back at her convienence last week I tried to call her but she was on vacation and had a dffrnt number to contact.. they called back super fast, unfortunately they couldn't help me with anything only my coordinator could (wth)... I wish you luck! They are supposed to call every 3 weeks from what I understood/was told.. If you are in washington I can provide you with a contact# I was given it may help.. or maybe if you want to try it anyway..

I have UHC and they are MORE than impossible!!!! I have had to hire Lindstrom Obesity Advocacy to handle my appeal because UHC denied my revision! I'm so sick and tired of messing with insurance companies!!!!

Edited by Bobbe Schu

Denied again! So Lindstrom's will appeal again! They were not at all surprised and said this was expected. Afterall, my appeal was reviewed by a PLASTIC SURGEON and not a doctor who specializes is bariatrics!!!! UNBELIEVABLE! Round 2 here we come!!!!!

Edited by Bobbe Schu

I knew several nurses who worked for UHC as chart reviewers, the nurses were told to Deny...Deny...Deny. I have UHC as a secondary ins and I am having a hell of a time for them even picking up little stuff. They suck! You really have to appeal with them, they never want to pay. It's stupid. Thank goodness, I have good primary insurance.

I knew several nurses who worked for UHC as chart reviewers, the nurses were told to Deny...Deny...Deny. I have UHC as a secondary ins and I am having a hell of a time for them even picking up little stuff. They suck! You really have to appeal with them, they never want to pay. It's stupid. Thank goodness, I have good primary insurance.

Unbelievable!!! And in the meantime, my health continues to deteriorate!