Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

San Antonio Area Bandsters?

I'm from San Antonio, NW side of town. Scheduled for surgery 2/15 - Friday. My doctor is Dr. Gonzales from True Results/AIGB. Less than 2 days away and I'm a bit nervous. Wish me luck!

Don't know if anyone will check this since this posting was a while ago. I'm getting banded by Dr. Wright on the 17th, St Pattys Day, anyways, I was wondering how much trouble you guys had with the no carbs pre-op. I have been trying for the last couple weeks and overall I'm doing well, and have lost 10 lbs, but I worried it won't be enough.

Don't know if anyone will check this since this posting was a while ago. I'm getting banded by Dr. Wright on the 17th, St Pattys Day, anyways, I was wondering how much trouble you guys had with the no carbs pre-op. I have been trying for the last couple weeks and overall I'm doing well, and have lost 10 lbs, but I worried it won't be enough.

nthomas,

Good luck on the 17th. Everything will be great for you. I only had 1 week pre op diet from the date the insurance approved and until surgery. I actually had to give up soft drinks (coke) and carbs. I think I did great. Lost 8 lbs in that week, got past the headaches and tiredness and my surgeon said my liver looked great and didn't get in the way.

Be sure to come back and let us know how you are doing after surgery.

Hi Happyone... How did it go with your surgery? I had mine on Feb 8th at true results with dr gonzales as well. How was your experience?

Oh man, lots of True Results gals. I had my diagnostics evalution on 2/19 and am waiting to make my appointment with the nutritionist and schedule surgery. So far so good. I have to wait though because of vacation at work conflicts. How did everyone's surgeries with Dr. G go? Did anyone have any concerns with the nutritionist at True Results. Let me know.

All True Results patients, one question: if you don't mind answering, for those of you who self-payed...how much did your total cost end up being? I continue to read posts about cost and am curious. I was told $15,000 self pay sans nutrition visits.

I used insurance also but when I saw was billed to insurance it was in excess of 17k. Of course the insurance company cut the bill to somewhere around 12k after all was said and done. About 1700 came out of my pocket.

I don't know that you really need the visits to the nutrionist. She's okay but I've learned more from this website than she has ever told me. JMHO.

Hi everyone. I am in Cibolo, just north of Schertz. I just started my journey. Since I have Tricare, I went to my Primary Care Physician first to get a referral. She sent the referral to Plastics and they sent some questions back to her and they have been waiting over a week for a reply.

Does anyone know if I should go ahead and go over to Dr. Wright at South TX Surgeons (I know he takes Tricare now) and let his office do the calling? I am getting frustrated waiting on her and my lab results.

I called the patient advocate they said someone would call me today, still nothing! I am calling Monday again to see if I get anything. I was just wondering if in the meantime I should go to Dr. Wright!

Thanks~!!!:thumbup:

Hi, I know a women who uses the same Dr. as me and she is also with Tricare. The only thing was Tricare only covered it if she went to Methodist Hospital in San Antonio so my Dr. went to that hospital to preform her surgery instead of the one he normally uses. I saw her after the surgery and it worked out perfect, I guess it's not uncommon for surgeons to use different hospitals. Sorry for rambling....if you would like to know my Dr.s # you can PM me. She also told me is was a pretty fast process for her.

Hi...I just joined the forum today. I was banded on 10/02/07 by Dr. Carcamo. I posted some info on me in the introductions. Tomorrow I start my full liquid diet. I'm in San Antonio, as well of course. :thumbup:

I know this post was awhile back, but I am going to be banded by Dr. Carcamo this month. Can you tell me more about your experience? I'd love to know how he was, and what you surgery day was like in detail. I'm excited, but a bit nervous about surgery as I have only had my tonsils out as a kid, and cardiac cath in April for insurance approval of the band.

Thanks a bunch! :cool2:

Hi! I"m in NW San Antonio, A Tricare Standard Patient, and am fortunate to have found Dr. Sonny Cavazos at Texas Bariatric at Northeast Baptist Hospital. They really worked with me to rush me though because of school obligations, but I don't feel my care was compromised. And Northeast Baptist has a coordinator that took care of getting the insurance approve. All I did was give her my ID card info!

I'm on a preop diet now to shrink my liver (he tried to band me on 8/11 but my liver was too fatty, shame on me for not doing what he told me the first time) so he's going to place it on 8/29/2008.

Any more San Antonio area bandsters around?

How do you like him? How many times did you see him before your surgery? I am planning to have my surgery on October 13th if insurance goes through fast enough. I will only see the doctor one more time before surgery and that is the Thursday before for my pre-op visit. Does that sound normal? Thanks for any helpful info in advance. And let us know how your surgery goes.