Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 6 days post surgery and I have a question or more a hungry rant!

So in the post op discharge meeting everyone In attendance had the sleeve so the instructions were catered more to them since I was the only one to have the band that day. Don't get me wrong I was a little annoyed but at this point it is par for the course since every class I've gone to I have been the only bander there. Having said that, I was told by the nurse since there were no specific instructions for the banded patients I should stick to stage two liquids until I see the post op nurse a week later. At first that sounded reasonable but 6 days into liquids only I have come to the following conclusions:

1- is it reasonable to keep a person on liquids only for 11 total days?

2- somebody needs to develop a recipe for clear chicken!!

3- I hate Protein drinks!!!

4- I'm not a fan of the "diet taste"

5- and I'm liable to kill someone for a piece of chicken (half kidding, but serious!)

Having said all that can anyone please give me some advice before I catch a case over a piece of chicken breast. Thanks for listening.

Call your doctor. lapband diet is a lot less restricted than the other wls. you don't have to worry about sutures on the inside healing. after the first week my doctor advanced me to mushy food.but eating small, slowly,and thoroughly. so call you md office

I was banded March 2014. My doc required six weeks of full liquids. My first solid food came right around my first fill. Hard six weeks, but I lost weight like crazy and I had lots of cream Soups during that time.

I really feel ya. I had my surgery one week ago, and I think all Protein shakes are evil. Before the surgery, I naively thought these shakes are quite good. Now it takes me forever to get one down. I think I am going to smoothie King today and try a gladiator shake. It was really good before the surgery and was a real treat. We will see if they are still good. I will let you know. I go back for my first post op visit next Tuesday and hopefully I can move to soft foods. I think I could kill for scrambled eggs or cream of wheat. Hang in there. Hopefully things will get better.

My surgeon and dietician required 2 days of Clear Liquids (day of and day after sx), 6 days of full liquids, then two weeks of pureed foods before advancing slowly to solids. I am in the pureed stage now. I pretty much skipped half of the full liquid stage because I felt so bad post op I didn't consumer anything for 3 days. All surgeons like different things, though. If you are concerned or have questions I would contact his office.

I am banded since September 2012 & I had to do 2 weeks of only 2 Protein Shakes a day but I could have a little salad with like 2 table spoons of ground chicken or ground turkey in it & I could only mix lemon juice & white distilled vinegar mixed to my liking for dressing NO oil , that was pre op then the first week post op I could only have clear broth, sugar free Jello or sugar free pudding , sugar free popsicles , but I could have Water all I wanted then the mushies stage happened.

I just wanted to thank everyone for all of your posts. I really appreciate all of the advice. I took all of your suggestions to heart and promptly called my dr's. office first thing that morning. Of course it took them til' the middle of the afternoon to get back to me. Anyway, after pleading my case with the nurse practitioner, first I was told no I needed to wait until I'm seen for my first week post op appt. I can't begin to tell you how quickly Niagra started falling, but after a little more talking the nurse cleared me to move cream Soups and thicker Protein Drinks (joy oh joy)! I am so happy to report that I had some of the best blended cream of mushroom Soup. It was like a warm and fuzzy blanket. My husband said he was all to happy to get it for me because he really didn't know who the crazy, hungry, out of her mind woman he saw me turned into. Again, I know this journey is going to be hard but one I'm willing to take and take with all of you wonderful people. You all ROCK!

@@mafai congratulations on your surgery -- and moving up to full liquids. I really liked those boxed Soups from the health food section of the grocery store -- potato leek, etc. Later for the next stage I steamed cauliflower and blended it with chicken stock which made sort of a savory pudding. Yummy. Also egg drop Soup. Good luck to you as you heal up and get used to this new chapter in your life -- exciting times! I love my band.