Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies in July

Hello all!

My month of August goal was to try and get to my second mini goal, 220 by the time glasses start. They start on August 22nd, so before then. Well this morning I only had a couple of pounds to go, so I think I can do it!

I also noticed, looking at my ticker, that I am half way there! Thats pretty exciting for me. Sometimes I sit and try to think about when I'll be in onderland or when I'll be at goal, etc, but thats so pointless, really. So I'm just enjoying the process.

For about a week I was eating more junkfood and stuff but I wasn't gaining. And I was wondering why I was hungry and what was going on. So I stopped and thought about it. I didn't think I needed a fill. Then I realised it was Protein. I had run out of Unjury and I didn't want to drink any of my slimfast because thats a little high in sodium and I'm on a dosage of a high sodium medication that provides a lot of my daily recommended so I like to watch that most of the time. I had ordered more unjury but it took a few days to arrive and then we had to get milk, etc. So in the meanwhile, I was eating easy to go down junkfood. Now that I know what is up its easier to watch myself. But I'm still commming off of my junkfood love affair, so to speak.

My weight loss is nice and slow and steady. I like that. I am feeling pretty good. I want to join the gym and go see the chiro. But I keep forgetting or putting it off. I also am supposed to see the doc about some blood tests since its been a few months after the gall bladder is gone and I'll ask them to check for other things toowith the Hair loss but I'm sure they will find nothing. I also keep putting that off. I want to join the gym. But since I don't drive once I do join I'll have to figure out the bus schedule and then there will be walking in high humidity to and from the bus stops and getting rides from the husband, etc. That part can be a pain.

I'm also working on home organization and cleaning stuff right now before classes start because I know how busy those will keep me! Full time grad school! Im very excited but also nervous. My husband is avoiding me while I'm organizing because he knows I'll recruit him :lol:

My hair is going to be adorable is two months. Right now its alittle too short, but it looks sophisticated if I dress nice and wear makeup. If I wear a t shirt, I look punk. I've been being cheap about clothes, but I suspect I shall have to actually buy another pair of jeans. Now that my 18s fit the best I'll get some on ebay if I can get a good fit I suppose (I need a 32 or longer inseam cause lane bryant for example has that as tall, and otherwise I just get annoyed when I try to wear shorter ones because they are a little short. I know,duh!). My shirts will hang on me for a while yet and while I do have a belt, the 22s just don't fit right as bottoms.

Thats all that is new here!

You guys, I was just counting how many boxes of crackers I have in my house right now ------ that would be 7!! I've GOT to get them out of my house before I OD!

I've been a bit upset because I've been trying to find a semi-formal dress for a wedding Aug 24. I can't find a dress that fits me right - out of the 50+ I've tried in stores/ordered online. I hate shopping! I don't know what I'm going to do!

My weight is just going up and down 4 lbs. This is all making me crazy!

Sophie,

your heading is funny! I tell you, I've got a cracker thing going on too. I really like them more now than before surgery.

There's a SNL skit in that...WLS people going nuts for crackers...

Good luck getting rid of them.

Happy Monday!!!

Thanks, Tammyj. It is, indeed, for me! I got to assist my daughter in the home birth of her first child. 36 hours of labor, 8 lbs. 9 oz. No name yet but he is absolutely gorgeous, of course. What a remarkable experience birth is! I leave in a few hours to go home, close the deal on our current house, live out of suitcases for 6 weeks, and then move into our new house. I hate to leave this new little family so soon and would love to be able to clean and cook and assist for a few days but I'm so incredibly grateful that he was born in time for me to see him and have the remarkable privilege of assisting. Life is beautiful!

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Spent all weekend re-modeling DH shop office. My back is killing me today, not to mention the back of my legs from bending over painting.

My band has been so weird the last week. I'm not sure I should use the word tight. But no matter how slow I eat and how much I chew, it all keeps getting stuck. Stuck to the point of sliming and abnormally uncomfortable pain between my breasts. I have never PB'ed.

When I drink, I can feel it go all the way down adn I can feel it sit there.

Is my esphogus swollen perhaps? I think I should take it easy and just do liquids the rest of today.

So get this...........I bid and won a pair of roller skates on E-bay. I paid through Paypal. The seller e-mailed me and said I owe her another $10.00 because the shipping was so high. UH, I don't think so! I explained to her you cannot list an item, quote shipping in the listing and have the auction close and THEN change the price and demand more money.

momlambert....Congrats on the new baby! Hey Tammy & Juli!

Sophie...yes, I have crackers too! The kids love em, but so do I!

Happy Monday to all. Really had a good weekend, got to go to my sisters and see my aunt that here from Texas. Lots of food, but did pretty good for me. ;Momlambert congrats on the new baby, so glad he got here before you had to leave. Good luck on the move and keep us updated.&lt;/p&gt; &lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt; &lt;p&gt;Have good week everyone. We are Marchies and We can doit ( as Bob the Builder would say).&lt;/p&gt;</p></p></p>

Sorry for all the garbage, tried to fix a mistake and make a bigger one. Oh well, can't win them all. Have a great week everyone

Howdy Marchies!

I've got a challenging week coming up, but I've recommitted to getting to the gym and strength training. I did it today and whew. You know they say no one regrets working out once they are finished, and I have to agree. It certainly beats kicking myself for not doing it all day long.

It's my final week of the double, excellorated classes. And when I'm finished on Saturday I fly to Cape Cod for a week's vacation. WHEW.

Hope this finds everyone happy and well.

Congrats GRANDMOMLAMBERT.

Well, today was sure an eye opener. I went to city hall to pay for my dog license. After paying, I went out to the car...and found my battery dead. Yup, a dead battery, so dead not even a hitch. I thought about it for a moment...AAA or walk the few blocks down to Autozone to buy the thing. I figured it was a waste to do the AAA when the store wasn't very far and I was hoping that once I was there a poor soul would take pity on me and drive me back with the battery. BTW, it's currently 93 outside so by the time I got there I was hot. After getting the battery picked out, the guy tried to find me someone that could give me a lift, but the extras were out on their lunch breaks.

So, I hefted the battery back down to my car. Now, I'm thinking that my battery is on the small side, maybe 30 lbs. Which is about the amount I've lost since last year. Wellllll....carrying that thing in the hot sun for a few blocks was a miserable experience! :drama: But the lesson learned from this was wonderful...just realizing my body had been lugging around that much for over 3 years compared to where I am now. I thought back to my pre-surgery journey and remembered how I felt after all day on my feet (I teach). Now I am able to walk/stand easier, I can lift and do more things, and I feel better in general.

I still got hot and it took a bit to change out the battery, but walking in the store with the old battery, after walking out with the new felt REALLY great! :whoo:The serviceman that waited on me was impressed. NSV for SURE!!! :)

Annette

Hey Everyone!!!

Been gone for last week on an AP Science Conference in San Antonio Texas---some might think that would be fun----but you would be wrong!!

I stayed in a dorm apartment at UTSA with my BF with now tv and very limited internet access---in fact it would kick me off every five minutes so I just gave up.

Did pretty well on my weight--no weight gain, but no weight lost---aargh yet another plateau!

Congrats Juli on the Tour de France challenge! I tried to get my ticker to update ---but alas no---I did not make the challenge-it has been raining so much here in Dallas and I tried to ride in San Antonio but it was raining everyday I was there--so I only did 75 miles of the 220--but I did do many workouts at the gym ( so that has to account for something :D )

Momlambert! Congrats on the babies!!!

demsvmejm If you want to do a while you were out at my house I leave a key he he!!

Tammy, Kethrya, Carol stay strong sisters!!!

Got two weeks left of summer--:faint:

Denise and anyone else actually,

I noticed your blog, nice! I've blogged off and on for many years now. Here's my wls one...if you're interested.

Lap Band Aid

Hey everyone!

I've been lurking the past few days...I haven't really had any updates lately, but now I want to scream from the mountains (I don't have any around me so I'll scream here!) I BROKE MY PLATEAU!!!!!!! It only lasted 5 weeks, I don't know why I'm so excited(!). I finally lost 4 more pounds. I went in for a fill again, and have been at the gym 3 days a week during the work week for a 40-60 minute elliptical session and both sat and sun for a 90 minute workout session of 45 minutes elliptical and 45 minutes stationary bike. If anyone told me 6 months ago I'd be at the gym this much, I would have called them crazy!

Thats a great NSV Slikchik - I tried doing something similar. My dog weighs about 25lbs and I took her out for a walk a little while back. We came up to this big hill and I decided to carry her up the hill, since I had already lost 35lbs I figured it would be no big deal! Hell No! I had to put her down after 30 seconds!!! YIKES!

Awesome job JULI on the tour de france challenge. And Denise - don't feel too bad about not making the challenge, you know you were working it at the gym! I envy you guys and your biking! I tried the stationary bike at the gym and did 14 miles last weekend. I shocked myself!

jmcambra!

You go girl! A five week plateau would have me pulling my hair out! And considering how thin it's gotten that's not a good thing! I'm still in the midst of a plateau, it's been 3 weeks so far. But I'm trying to pull out all the stops to get off of it. You know I'll keep everyone posted! LOL.

I share!

Since we are talking about visuals for the amount of weight we've lost, I have lost more than what my child weighs. Pretty much just before surgery I quit carrying her because I wasn't allowed and she is a big girl. (Soon to be 6) And she's heavy! But yeah to see a walking, talking representitive of the weight I've lost is freaky.

Soon I'll be down a Nicole Ritchie. What, like in 10 pounds? LOL!

Happy Tuesday!!

Its been a minute for me but Im back!!!

I had to weigh myself and Im down 44 pounds as of Saturday the scale said 230 *i couldnt believe it*

But I'm not changing my weight on my signature until I get weighed by the doctor next week..Maybe the scale will say 228 wow that would be AMAZING!!!!

I have an appointment next week with a plastic surgeon for a breast reduction trying to get down to a 38 D *full d* not sure if that is what the surgeon would suggest but I dont want small one I like the way Tyra Banks boobs look* was that weird for me to say that* lol lol

anyways I need these 44 g's off the ground and this pressure off my back and shoulders!!!!

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW UNITED HEALTHCARE works with brest reductions I have PPO!!!!

I hope everyone is doing well!!!!