Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies in July

Ok I know that I'm just little crazy, but why do I feel that I must eat everything that I take on my plate. I always feel as if I'm wasting food. I know I'm not hungry anymore, but feel as if i need to clean my plate.

I didn't eat all my salad at lunch and I even thought about keeping it till later. Since my fill on Monday I'm really not nearly as hunger as I was just a week ago. Hoping this last for a lifetime.

Hello Kyethra. Sounds like you have had a time of it. I certainly hope things level out for you now. Wow! Have you ever lost the weight. Good for you, but sorry you had to be sick through so much of it. It should be smooth sailing for you for here on out. I mean, what else could go wrong? What does you hubby think about your new hair cut? With the weather getting so hot and humid now, (or it is where I live) you may enjoy the low maintenance. I bet it is cute. Are you still working? I haven't been to this thread in a while, looks like the weight loss is going well for many. Me? I am going to be a member of the slow losers club. I go for a fill Mon. my fourth. I am thinking this will be the one that will really help. I need help with Portion Control. Heres hoping. Glad you are doing better.

Ireta,

It looks like to me you are right on track. My physician has told me that 1 - 2 pounds a week is good. Remember weight loss with the band is supposed to be slow and gradual. I understand how you feel though. I had my band placed around the same time you did and have lost around 30 pounds. I'm encouraged knowing I will have restriction 5 or 10 years from now. Many individuals who've had bypass may loose a ton of weight quickly in the first year but by their 2nd year post op already start gaining weight back. Many can't maintain their restriction. Focus on one eating behavior you can adjust or change. I know I need to quit going by the shaved ice stand. There are 10,000 calories in one of those sweet little treats I bet! I love them! Don't neglect to Celebrate what you have accoplished to this point! I'm preaching to myself too!

Hi gang,

I had a bicycling full weekend. I was out for 16 miles on Friday, 31 yesterday and 33 today...yes, that's 80, eighty, eight zero, in a weekend!!!!

I found a group of women cyclists with whom I rode today and they were great! Can I tell you most of them are a good 10 or more years older than me. God love um! And they were so welcoming. Woo Hoo.

Denise, I'll hit that 220 by the end of the week!

Hope everyone is well. I'm going to bed now.

Ireta,

It looks like to me you are right on track. My physician has told me that 1 - 2 pounds a week is good. Remember weight loss with the band is supposed to be slow and gradual. I understand how you feel though. I had my band placed around the same time you did and have lost around 30 pounds. I'm encouraged knowing I will have restriction 5 or 10 years from now. Many individuals who've had bypass may loose a ton of weight quickly in the first year but by their 2nd year post op already start gaining weight back. Many can't maintain their restriction. Focus on one eating behavior you can adjust or change. I know I need to quit going by the shaved ice stand. There are 10,000 calories in one of those sweet little treats I bet! I love them! Don't neglect to Celebrate what you have accoplished to this point! I'm preaching to myself too!

You might try getting you a small smoothie maker and blend you crytal light or light fruit juice with ice it makes a great iciee treat with very little calories and can really cool you off quick.

Hi everyone. Just checking in. :D Everything's going great with me and my band. working hard at the gym everyday and eating well. still no fills yet because i'm still losing. Am so busy at the library during summer reading, but i'll try to post more often. I miss you guys. I can't believe it's only been 4 months; it feels so much longer. lol

virginia

Hi everyone. Just checking in. :D Everything's going great with me and my band. working hard at the gym everyday and eating well. still no fills yet because i'm still losing. Am so busy at the library during summer reading, but i'll try to post more often. I miss you guys. I can't believe it's only been 4 months; it feels so much longer. lol

virginia

HOLY CRAP

You are nearly half way there! Fantastic!

Here's to my fill less sister! I too have yet to get one.

:whoo::whoo:Congratulations!!!:whoo: :whoo:

Hi everyone. Just checking in. :( Everything's going great with me and my band. working hard at the gym everyday and eating well. still no fills yet because i'm still losing. Am so busy at the library during summer reading, but i'll try to post more often. I miss you guys. I can't believe it's only been 4 months; it feels so much longer. lol

virginia

Congrats on the weight loss. Just what do you eat and what kind of excersise are you doing.

Carol1951. You may be from the old school, "Clean Your Plate",as many of us are. How many times have we heard that? I guess we are going to have to use tablespoons to serve our plate with. Or teaspons. Then we can clean our plate, and not feel wasteful, or guilty about eating too much. You aren't crazy. I think many of us were taught not to be wasteful. That is a good thing. We are just going to have to learn to put very LITTLE on our plate. I have to work on that too. Along with a lifetime of poor eating habits, and choice of healthy food.< /p>

I really eat whatever I want, which is nice. Usually for Breakfast i will have yogurt or fruit or a Protein shake. I like the EAS Advantage carb control. For a snack i'll have some cashews or almonds. For lunch usually a lean cuisine or smart sense frozen meal...or cheese crackers and tuna. another snack is the 100 calorie packs or popcorn. dinner is usually wendy's chili or chicken caesar salad. Snacks usually sugar free fudgsicles or sugar free candy.< /p>

exercise: i go to the gym 6 days a week, sometimes 7... 3 days a week doing weights and cardio and then the other 3 doing cardio. It's a lot of work but I love it.

purplemonkey...You are such an inspiration! The gym 6 days a week? where do you find the time?

The only local gym doesn't open until 6am and it just doesn't fit into my schedule. DH leaves for work at 6:30 so I'd have no one to watch the kids. Same with the evening, he doesn't get home til 8+pm and I work 9-5. Right now I get up at 5:30 and bike or treadmill. It sounds like you are making healthy food choices and that's great! Usually on the weekends I don't make the best choices, but I also try and stay around 1300

calories.

Cleaning the plate thing is so hard to adjust to. I still find myself reaching for the last bite off the kids plates then I try to remind myself those are not "free" calories cuz it all adds up.

Just purchased an odometer/speedometer for my bike. Gozmos like that help me to keep things in check. I love my pedometer and wear it every day from morning til night. I'm always pushing to get around 11000 steps in per day.

Does this sound desperate & dorky..........putting an ad in the paper for a walking/biking buddy?

Mary

It doesn't sound dorky to me. It sounds like a good way to meet someone who will keep you motivated.

Let us know how your ad turns out.

Mary: what a good idea, to put an ad out.good luck with it.

Kyethra: So sorry to hear you lost it over your hair. You have been through so much in the last few months .I was wondering where you had gone to? Next time put down the scissors and pick up the key board, we are all here for you. The nice thing with hair though is that it grows back. Thinking of you . Stay positive.

Oh Juli: You are an inspiration to us all. Way to go with the biking and the weight lost. I want to try biking again, I got the bike out of the attic and the tires where flat. Asked DH to blow them up for me. 3 weeks later he finally got around to it. He blew them up literaly.LOL He said he miss read the number on the tire and over inflated them. He turned around to exit the garage and one BLEW. He thought he had been shot. Scared the S*&t out of him. Now I am waiting until he gets me a new tire. Maybe its a sign. Just glad it didn't happen while biking.LOL I shall stick to the treadmill for now.

My weight is staring to move in the right direction, but today I had a really stressful day (Uncle Died) and having a hardtime getting down Water. I PB'd what I tried to eat for lunch so I think I should stick to liquids for a couple of days.

Does stress seem to effect anyone elses band this way?

Rosi

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your uncle. Please accept my sympathies.

I know stress can do all kinds of weird things to our bodies. I'm sure the band is no exception. Take it easy with what you eat for a few days, listen to what your body says and you should be fine.

I say take your bike to the shop yourself. They'll give you new tubes and oil up the chain, etc. Don't let your husband's schedule dictate what you do. (I'm single, so you can tell me I don't have a clue and I'll accept that. :) )

Take care.

Hope everyone is having a great Wednesday! I just hate being stuck in the office while it's so beautiful outside. Perhaps a quick dinner for the kids and then we'll hit the bike trail tonight.

I'll try to install the new bike odometer I got in the mail yesterday.