Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good Calcium supplement? I currently have Bariatric Advantage 500mg (2 daily) in caramel and pb chocolate and I just can't take them. They still make me nauseous at 6 months out. All my other Vitamins go down without issues now, I just can't catch a break with calcium and it's causing me to not take them. I've been looking for another good, sugar free option, but it seems like slim pickings out there.

I use the Multivitamin patch from Patch MD. It has all of the requirements. So far my labs look good. I'm 3 months out.

I used Wellesse liquid Calcium for the first several weeks after surgery. Much lower calorie and carb than the specialty bariatric calcium chews. I thought it tasted fine on its own (particularly refrigerated) but you can also dilute it into Water, light fruit juice, G2, etc. After a while I switched to Citracal Petites.

I have the same issue with the Bariatric Advantage calcium chews. It's takes me forever to eat them, it's like a meal, and they upset my stomach. I have been looking on Amazon and BariMelts has a Calcium tablet that melts in your mouth and had good reviews. I am going to try that one.

Is there a reason you have to do the chews? At 6 months post op you should be able to use Calcium pills. I gave up the chews quite a while ago....too expensive

@@elladvyne, I had sleeve surgery June 22 and I'm also using the multivitamin patch from PatchMD. I couldn't tolerate the chewables at all. I'm not due for any follow up blood work yet but I was concerned that may not be enough Vitamin intake, I'm glad to know it was for you-that's reassuring. Do you take any extra Calcium or caltrate?

I like the lemon

I love the lemon. I tasted all the flavors of a couple of dozen forms of Calcium, and the lemon Bariatric Advantage were my favorite. I just sit and chew and chew and chew them while I do course reading or read email.

I use Caltrate Soft Chews, chocolate Truffle. I love the taste of them and look forward to taking those every day. Tastes a little like tootsie rolls. I get them from Amazon.