Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2015 Gastric Bypass

WELCOME ABOARD!!!

Just found out a few days a go that 6 October is my surgery date. I thought I would get this topic rolling.

I have been down this road before. Last year I started the 3 months of losing weight for the insurance folks and even got a surgery date of 22 February. Then I went to my Pysch appointment and she said no to me having the surgery. I was not in a good place mentally and so we have worked on getting me to a better place. I started out at 396 and I had lost the 35 pounds the doc wanted me to lose but once the surgery was cancelled I went off what I was doing and now I am even heavier. 403 is my current weight. My sleep apnea has gotten a lot worse and I am having other issues I did not have before. So I am starting the process again. I have my first appointment 19 August so we will see what happens then.

Edited by 395Ron

Well congrats on overcoming the hurdle and sticking to your plan despite setbacks! That is a difficult task all on its own. Many have just given up!

October will be here sooner than you think. I feel the pain with having to wait, my WLS is scheduled for September 21st. Keep looking forward.....

Edited by India928

Congrats!! I have 2 months left in the 6 month program they make you do then they'll send it to my insurance. If they say yes which they should I'll get my date. I bet you're super excited!

India928 and MrsYoungblood thank you. Yes I am excited and anxious. A lot of changes coming soon enough. India September 21st will be here before you know it! Then you will be on the other side looking back and saying hmmm that didn't take long.

MrsYoungblood hopefully you are putting in practice now what you will need for later. So right now you are building your foundation for success. Good luck to you. Good luck to us all :)

Edited by 395Ron

Hello to those having surgery in October. I start my liquid diet this Sunday. Anyone else having to do 4 weeks pre-op? All I did was toss and turn last night. I guess I am so nervous about going off real food. I have heard that the first three days are the worst. My wife said she was going to move for those three days lol. At least on this side of surgery it is easy for me to drink Water. I usually prefer just plain ice Water but I may have to adventure into trying some of the MIO flavors just to change it up.

4 weeks? Here we only do 10 days

@@MrsYoungblood I think my doctor's office has me doing 4 weeks due to my BMI of 60 because they asked me what my BMI was and then said I would be on a 4 week liquid diet.< /p>

October 5 for me!

I believe I will only have a week of pre-op liquid diet, but then another 1-2 weeks post-op liquid diet. I will know for sure on September 23. I am a revision from band to RNY. I was denied last year and just approved. Yahoo! I can't believe this is happening!

Congrats @@betrthnever!

Gosh you saying you are dealing well with the pre-op diet gives me a lot of hope. Now I just have to make it through the first 3 days. My first day will be full of challenges. I work with Special Olympics Golf and Sunday we have a qualifier in Frederick, MD. I have 4 kids to pick up at 7am and will get back around 4:30. I will have to plan when I need to drink and have it all ready. I hope everything goes good. I added you as a friend and if you care to you can do the same with me. Thank you so much.

@@395Ron I think we all should have a good, safe, and healthy place to go while on a liquid diet so we don't subject out families to our crazy, food deprived selves LOL.

I have NO IDEA how long my liquid diet is suppose to be as my class isn't until September 23. My surgery is on October 5 so it can't be more then a week or so.

Good luck and keep us posted!

I'm Oct 12th. I have 1 more NUT appt and weigh in. I don't have to lose any weight before surgery. I 'll have a 3 day pre op liquid diet.