Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jacksonville Florida?

Hey! I was wondering if anybody has been banded in Jacksonville, Florida by either Javier Herrera or Paul Chappano. If so I would really like to talk to them and ask a few questions. Thanks, Christi

I'm in Jacksonville but haven't been banded...yet. I'm still in the learning stage, trying to soak up all the info I can. The doc I'm considering is Cywes. Ever heard of him?

No I actually have not heard of him. Which hospital does he work at? I am going with Dr. Chappano if he approves me. All is going well though. I am pretty sure I will get approved. I have an appointment with him on the 12th.

He does his surgeries at Memorial. Dr. Chappano is at St. Vincent's isn't he? I have seen ads on tv and in the paper mentioning his name. Cywes did my podiatrist about a month ago. She couldn't say enough about him. She said she knew about 3 nurses and some others that had their surgery with him. Said he even gave her his cell number to call any time she had a question or concern.

Hi Christi! Susan4974 was banded by Dr. Herrerra but I don't know anything about him. My surgery was done by Dr. Steve Webb at Memorial. I personally think he's the best! I've never heard of Dr. Chappano, but I know a couple of folks who have been to Dr. Cywes. To be honest, I've never heard anything specifically bad about him but I've never heard anything good either. I do have a friend who works at Memorial and he said if he were having any surgery Cywes would be last on his list of docs. Please keep in mind that that's just one person's opinion that I'm repeating and that I have no personal experience!

I have another friend who is just starting the approval/pre-op process. She's going to have her surgery at St V's also, so it's probably Dr. Chappano. Please let me know what you find out about him so I can pass along that info to her. BTW, did I say Dr. Webb is the best? :guess

Should we start a Jax area thread? There seems to be a lot of us on here...

Hey Eddie, I was the one initially asking about Cywes. My podiatrist actually recommended him to me. She was banded about 4 weeks ago and couldn't say enough good about him. Choosing the right doc is so difficult. You listen to opinions and then just have to take a chance I guess. I had not heard of Dr. Webb though.

Hey Eddie, I was the one initially asking about Cywes. My podiatrist actually recommended him to me. She was banded about 4 weeks ago and couldn't say enough good about him. Choosing the right doc is so difficult. You listen to opinions and then just have to take a chance I guess. I had not heard of Dr. Webb though.

Dr. Webb works with the Laparoscopic Weight Loss Surgery Center in Baymeadows. His office is in the professional complex right behind Memorial. As for picking a doc, I'd rather not take any chances. But I understand what you're saying. It's hard to choose among doctors with whom you have no personal experience. In the end, I think it comes down to who you're comfortable with. You might meet Dr. Webb and think he's a jackass, or I could meet Dr. Cywes and wish he had done my surgery. I think they all must be fairly well qualified or else they would be out of business (and a medical license) by now...

Dr Cywes is awesome.

He banded me on 4/30 at memorial. His staff is polite and professional.

Call and make an appointment. You be glad you did. Feel free to ask me any questions about his service.

Ann

I have been banded by not by them I have been banded by Cywes at Memorial. There are people in our lap band support group that have. Go to JacksonvilleBandersters@ yahoo.com and ask and you will get someone who has been banded by them.

jvflorida

I just answered your question but I need to tell you that I like Dr. Cywes and was banded by him July 24, 2007. I really cares about his patients, gives you his private cell phone. There are support meetings at his office twice a month. Everything is done "in house" as far as the evaluations go. I went to St. Vicent's seminar and Memorial. I liked Dr. Cywes better. That doesn't mean the other guys aren't good. I just didn't like their personalities. It is hard to pick but I really believe, based on the other people in the Tuesday night support group that all of them are good and will get the job done well. Hope that helps.

I don't know anything about Dr. Chappano and I haven't had my surgery yet, but i plan on having it done in the next few months. When I first brought up the conversation with my doc and she recommended Dr. Webb. I have had a previous C-section and and I have a BMI of over 50. She said that she had operated with him and had several of her other patients see him regarding lap band. She said that he was one of the best and that he had "great hands" as a surgeon. My doc does not make recommendations lightly when it comes to other physicians, but that fact that she praised him made me want to check him out. Since then I'm scheduled for one of his seminars at Memorial.

Good luck in choosing, I'm sure you'll make the right decision. You already made one really good one... you're getting banded! so right now you're 1-0!

I was banded by Dr Cwyes on Aug 30th. His office stays very busy, but like another responder said his office staff and him are very professional and nice. Good luck with your decision.

I was banded by Dr. Chappano on August 13. I just love him and his staff. They are very caring and supportive. Going for my first fill Thurs Sept 13. Wish me luck...;-)