Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So it will be one month this coming Wednesday since my last required appointment. I have been waiting impatiently to find out if my insurance has approved my gastric sleeve surgery. I was initially told it takes about two weeks for insurance approval/denial. I waited the two weeks and contacted my insurance company for an update on the prior authorization. I was told they hadn't received any information from my bariatric center. I then called the bariatric center and they told me they "dropped the ball", and didn't submit it. Boy, was I bummed!!!! When you work so hard for something, you can't wait for the next step! So, here I sit waiting for the phone to ring to give me my answer. I hope I get an answer soon!! I can't wait to begin my new journey! :rolleyes:

That's What I afraid of my insurance make u do six months then u have 2 submit for approval & if I don't get approval I'm b so hurt like I did l this for nothing I hope u get ur approval real soon ????????

Something similar happened to me. I finally met my surgeon on June 19 and he told me they'd send everything off to insurance that afternoon and approval would only take 2-3 days. About 10 days went by and I called my insurance to check the status and they had never received anything! So I called my surgeon's office and the woman told me I was at the top of the pile and would be the next to be sent off. No explanation why it wasn't sent in when they told me it would be. They called me last Monday to say I'd been approved and then Wednesday they called to schedule me and I'll be having my surgery 2 weeks from tomorrow!

So hang in there. It really does suck when you've done all you can and you just have to sit and wait and rely on others to do their parts. I hope you get your date soon!

I feel for you! Waiting is the worst! Especially after you've complied and completed all of their mandated requirements. I hope you hear back soon and good luck!

hopefully you will have some good news soon!

Same here!!! I was initially told it would be 2 nutrition counseling session and the insurance co changed their policy in the middle of my process...now it's 6 months of counseling. The frustrating thing is that the nutritional counselor wants to clear me..she said I'm ready! I am sooo ready! Losing faith :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was told that 'waiting' for my surgery to be set would be the most difficult of this process. But I seem to be going backwards in this process. I first met with my primary care doctor a year ago for help in weight loss. After 8 months of dieting under her supervision, I was referred for WLS. Lucked out and was able to attend an informational meeting on that same day and scheduled a consult the next. Met with the surgeon a week later then scheduled all of my required pre-surgical authorizations. Insurance approved BEFORE meeting with any of the required doctors for and clearances. Wow everything 'seemed' to be falling into place. Started more reading and research on WLS. Found this awesome website. Joined the Surgeon's support group. Psych Eval - check; Pulmonologist and sleep study- check; cardio - check - oh wait- cardiologist recinds and now wants a CAT Scan. What's up with that? The surgeon will not schedule surgery without all of the pre authorizations final. More waiting as it is taking forever to get this CAT scan scheduled.... has anyone had anything like this happen? I guess I was really crazy to think that surgery might happen this summer - sigh -

I could scream ???????????????? my husband and I started this process at the same time. He is already approved and has date to meet doctor to set surgery date. Has all my paper work done???? NOPE!!!!! I was going to have surgery first then him 2 weeks later. But who knows now....it's looking like end of August for me was shooting for end July #readyfornewME

Sorry for your frustration folks been there done that so I sympathize first Drs offices almost never do what they say they will in the time frame they say they will also this is prime vacation time as the Drs and nurse kids are out of school etc Xmas holidays and summers are the worst time to schedule with Drs lawyers too I work for one of them they don't want to be tied up during the good weather and when they can travel with kids etc I found I had to be on the case everyday checking in was this that and the other done scheduled faxed mailed tested etcetera I wondered what exactly they got paid for when I was doing all the work?