Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

More times than not, I'm not hungry for Breakfast. I'll eat because it's time to eat.

I hate eating when I'm not hungry so a couple times this week I skipped breakfast and was fine until lunch. However, I didn't get even 60g of Protein those days.

To those who don't eat breakfast, how are you getting your protein? I struggle on a good day with all 3 meals to get to 60g.

Protein Shakes have ~ 30g of Protein. It is hard not to get your protein in if you drink even one of these a day. I prefer the vanilla Premier Protein shake from costco. It only has 160 calories.

I have a Protein shake every morning also. It's just so easy for me (I have the lazy gene). I usually blend up a Click mocha (or Chike) with baby spinach, ground flax, extra cocoa powder, a little bit of low fat milk and lots of ice. Goes in the Ninja. It lasts me most of the morning, I buy the Decaf version of the Click mix so if I want a little pick me up, I add two teaspoons of instant coffee to it. The Chike is not decaf, so I use it less often, but it's really good too.

Really...every day I have this. I'm so boring, but it's so good, I still look forward to it :-)

Thanks for the tip! I drank the Premier Protein shakes for my pre-op liquid diet. By day 8 I couldn't get them down anymore. Literally. But I'll definitely try another kind and see how that goes. ????

I don't really want breakfast in the am either...I've started adding an EAS Protein Shake to my coffee so I start my day with 17 g of Protein

I don't really want breakfast in the am either...I've started adding an EAS Protein shake to my coffee so I start my day with 17 g of Protein

Do you have a certain kind/flavor you use? I tried putting Beneprotein in my coffee and it just wont dissolve.

Thank you all for all your help. I'm definitely new to the whole Protein Powder thing. :)

Look up some herbalife shake recipes. They will give you some great ideas, you never have to have the same shake twice! I don't eat Breakfast either, I'm not hungry and it is just an irritation to my band if I were to try because it's tighter in the morning. I have a shake either before or after the gym in the morning. I add fresh fruit, extracts, and even sugar free pudding mix or sugar free Jello mix to my shakes. One of my favorites is vanilla Protein, 1 T cheesecake pudding mix, frozen strawberries...strawberry cheesecake!

As far as brands, Isopure is great. They have many flavors!

Hi there, after all those years of dieting and food theories, like breakfast being the most important meal of the day, etc., I have tossed that thinking aside for myself. I have only this rule: eat when I'm hungry and don't eat when I'm not hungry. I'm not hungry in the morning so I don't eat. I am drawn to Protein -- my body let's me know and I make healthy choices for dense Protein like a piece of salmon, a small steak, etc. I like Beans and chili. There are times when i just have to have an egg and I know that's my body telling me just what it needs right then. I don't count protein grams and personally think Americans are way too obsessed with that. This is just me! I am older and grew up with a solid nutritional base (but got fat anyway!) and I don't eat junk food.

shakes, for me, are sliders, so I avoid them but do have one as a treat once in a while. I use GENEPRO Protein Powder and if I'm feeling like I need an extra hit I mix some into my yogurt along with some mix-ins like chia seeds, a little gluten-free Cereal, a few chopped walnuts -- I do this to give me texture to chew. Otherwise the yogurt woukd also just be a slider. The chewing is what gives me the signal for satiety, which is how the band works.

Good luck with all! It sounds like you are doing well and finding your way. Isn't it great to be getting in sync with our bodies again? For so long I felt mine had betrayed me or the other way round. It's good to be whole again.

Thank you so much for the tips!!

I tried yet another Protein powder this morning and had the same effects: phlegm. After some research it seems I may have an intolerance for whey Protein. I don't have phlegm any other time. But if I drink a protein shake, wham! So much for that new idea.

Guess I'll just stick to what I've been doing the past couple weeks by not having breakfast. I'm not going to eat just cause the clock says it's time to do so. Last week was a good #'s week on the scale so I must be doing something right! ????

Thank you all again for all the tips and encouragement. This site has definitely been a lifesaver for me!

I don't really want breakfast in the am either...I've started adding an EAS Protein Shake to my coffee so I start my day with 17 g of Protein

Do you have a certain kind/flavor you use? I tried putting Beneprotein in my coffee and it just wont dissolve.

Thank you all for all your help. I'm definitely new to the whole protein powder thing. :)

i actually use the liquid shake. Usually chocolate fudge. I just pour about half shake and half coffee

I use GENEPRO Protein powder. 1 scoop is 30 Gm of protein. It can be mixed in hot or cold so every morning I have a Decaf coffee and stir in half a scoop of the Genepro, 15 Gm of protein with just my coffee!

Sometimes I eat a Protein Bar, Life Choice from Walmart, 170 cal, 18 Gm protein. This works great when I'm on the run. 33 Gm of protein total with my coffee!

Other times I have a Dannon Greek yogurt and mix in half a scoop of the Genepro for 27 Gm of protein for a total (with coffee) 42 Gm of protein!!

Genepro has no flavor and mixes in great with hot or cold.