Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am super new to this forum. I don't even know how to edit my profile. I have lost around 30 lbs since my pre surgery diet but now I'm at a standstill. I am 2 weeks 2 days post op and I am very compliant. ???? My numbers keep tilting from 292 to 295. I think I got the plateau blues. Although I do realize this is normal... I am also fairly emotional and really...I'm trying to not feel stressed so I can heal. Anybody else in my shoes....it's rough.

I wanted to welcome you! And congratulations on your recent surgery. I can't offer you any first hand advice as mine isn't until 07/29.

But I can say from having read many many posts here is that you have to remember that your still healing. You just had major surgery and your stomach has to have time to adjust. The things you are experiencing are not out of the Norm.

They filled you with IV fluids so you will probably gain some weight until that filters out. Put your scale away for now and concentrate more on getting your Water and Protein quotas in. Trying to second guess the numbers is only going to drive you crazy.

The weight will come off, but on its own schedule, not yours. Keep doing the things you're doing, follow your surgeons guidelines and before you know the scale will move the way you want it to.

Don't stress. You're fine! ????

Edited by The Candidate

Thank you for answering! I just didn't want to feel alone in all this. Your surgery is coming up soon! You will be just fine. Make sure to walk in the hospital and breathe. Get plenty of rest and listen to your body's cues. You will be awesome! And thank you for the encouragement...I was in need. Let me know if you have any questions.

The one thing you are never on this forum is alone. And we're all going through the same things. We share the highs and the lows, which makes the lows seem like nothing really most of the time.

I'm glad I could help you @lotuslady32. But actually you just had to be reminded that you've got this! Thank you for your suggestions as well. I will definitely follow your advice. Almost can't believe my time is nearly here!

Let me know how you're doing and I'll do the same! ????. Take care.

When you see your doctor ask what are the common plateau time frames. That really helped me deal with the mental side of it. According to my doctor its common to have halts in weight loss at 2-3 weeks, 6th-7th weeks, 12-14th weeks. I don't know if all have seen this pattern but it helped me to expect slow downs and know that it wasn't just me. Good luck in your journey. I am almost 4 months post op and I don't remember ever feeling this good. My only complaint is Constipation but there are work around.

I go back in forth on whether I should weigh myself everyday. However, I just made a graph of my weightloss and I really feel that it is helpful. Some days I have lost nothing, others I have been up and others down a good amount. It is the endpoint that is what matters! My weekly totals are steady now but it was interesting at the beginning! 1 wk Preop -3.2lbs, wk 1 -6.8, wk 2 -22lbs, wk 3 -0lbs, wk 4 -3.8lbs, wk 5 -4.8lbs, wk 6 -4.2lbs.

Keep doing what you are doing, it will pay off!

Hi there! I am new to this as well and one of the main reasons that I joined was because of my plateau. My gastric bypass surgery was 5/1/15 and I quickly lost 37 lbs that first month. SInce the beginning of June, I've only lost about 5 lbs and I'm very frustrated. I keep telling myself that muscle weighs more and that's part of the reason I'm kind of stuck. I have put exercise into high gear, I go to Zumba, Zumba Toning, spinning and then walk on the off days. One other thing that I'm now starting to really watch is my carbs. Beans are a great source of Protein and something that I found I can tolerate but I am wondering if maybe my carbs are too much. Going to try and switch things up a bit. My surgeon doesn't want me on Protein supplements anymore so it's going to be a challenge! Good luck and I hope your plateau does not last much longer. We need to see the scale moving in the right direction!!

I'm plateau-ing too - had RNY on June 22 and have stayed at the same weight for a week now. Super frustrating. You're not alone.

Hi! I'm going through the same thing. I'm two weeks and one day removed form my surgery. I'm down 35 from my PRE-surgery diet weight. I lost about 20 before surgery. And have lost about 15 since having the surgery. But I've hit a plateau, and I'm not having any trouble eating soft/puree food (though I'm not on meat yet).

I feel like I'm still intaking a lot, but I'm not sure if it's realistic or just because I basically always feel full.

The only time I got sick was when I accidentally took a bit of my girlfriends omelet that had sausage in it.

Otherwise nothing seems to bother me. I've even had bits of bread chewed up into oblivion. I'm hoping that week three will help me feel like this is working again, but for now I'm kind of at a stand still trying to remain hydrated (which is a constant battle).

[Gastric Bypass, 6/29/15]

Hi, as everyone else, I too have hit a plateau. Surgery was 6/29. I'm 2weeks 1 day and down 15 lbs. Keep fluctuating up and down but staying around the same weight. Sticking to the 4 oz per each meal, no snacking nothing. I tolerate everything. No problems. It almost messes with my mind, makes me feel like the surgery wasn't done. I was expecting it to be more difficult. Makes me wish I could just see my insides to know it was done. I guess waiting for the fail to start. To hopefully jump start the weight loss again I did join the gym today. Will start a workout tomorrow! Wish me luck!

Thank you to everyone who responded to this thread it is been so helpful. I am now back on the losers bench as I've started losing some pounds again. One thing I noticed was that these last three days I have eaten more than I've eaten since surgery and I started losing weight again so maybe metabolism has something to do with it. Everybody hang in there and you'll start losing again. Drink lots of Water and keep those walks going! Remember it's not a matter of IF it's a matter of WHEN! ????

It's funny that although surgery experience is so different for everyone, there's a common thread of plateaus, doubt that you even had it, or feelings that you'll be the only one where the surgery just totally doesn't work. I've been through all of these feelings and have read them all here so many times.

During this plateau time, 4 weeks post surgery, even though i KNOW it's normal, i find myself cycling through the fears that my surgeon left my pouch too big or that it just won't work for me and i am somehow immune to losing weight, etc etc. It is really comforting to know most others have the exact same thoughts.

Hang in there fellow stallers :P

Sarahbee: everyday I go through thinking my surgery will fail. Plateau mess with your ming I swear. I want to stay off the scale and check only once a week but I just can't do it. I have to find a way to work through these. My husband and I joined the gym. Gonna throw some exercises in now and we will see.

Thank god for this thread. Surgery was 6/30 and I feel like I have no problems tolerating food. I chew it up a ton (still on mushy foods) but nothing seems to bother me and I don't know that I have felt "full" which leaves me wondering if my pouch is too big too!!! I have not had the feeling that I am going to barf, thankfully, but still makes me wonder... "Is this working for me?"