Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Exercise Challenge

I didn't see another thread dedicated to an exercise challenge...so here goes...

Put your exercise goal here...then update weekly here...

I will do my darndest to keep up it up to date :)

My goal is to excercise AT LEAST 4x per week for 30 minutes = 480 minutes (from July 1 - July 29)

Thanks for getting this started Musicalmomma.

Since just banded, I'm still sorting out the shakiness. I pledge to walk at least 4x per week for 30 minutes untill I get to the solid food stage in 4 weeks.

My goal is to walk 45 minutes per day, at least 5 days a week, burning at least 350 to 400 calories on each walk (I wear a heart rate monitor).

My goal is to walk four times weekly at least for 30 minutes each time. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and not be as hot as it has been. If not maybe i will use the threadmill. I like outside better.

I plan on getting back to playing in my Ultimate leagues on Mondays and Tuesdays plus Australian Football practice on Saturdays. During the week, I will do as much as possible on the elliptical and then do about 20 minutes of walking on the treadmill.

I would like to get to the gym at least 20 days in July. I'm typically an elliptical kind of girl, but haven't been to the gym since pre-op, so we'll see how I do!

I just joined a gym so my goal is to go at least 4x a week for 1 hr workout plus keep up my walking routine.

Well darn! I made a chart...BUT it won't post properly...I'll be back, hopefully with something that works!!

Bkat & Suzzzie, would you be able to give me a minute or hour goal for July 1-29? Thanks :eek:

Think I may have it this time...

Name…………Goal in MinutesCompleted…..To Go

MM…………......480..…………….0……………..480

FarmerE……........480 …………….0……………..480

Lucy………….....900 ….………….0……………..900

Huntersmom….....480 .…………….0……………..480

Eva………….......960..…………….0……………...960

Dana………….....480..…………… 0……………...480

Bkat…………......??.........................0………………??

Suzzzie………......??.....................…0………………??

I need in on this challenge, but I was just banded on 6/25, so I will start slow. My goal will be to walk at least 15 minutes 4 times per week.

I think I'll go for about 45 minutes each gym visit (elliptical or tredmill) x 20 visits = 900. (Is that right? I'm bad at math!)

LOVE the chart! Thanks for doing that!

i am in! thanks for setting this up, MM!

i am going to walk for 30 minutes 4 X a week for a total of 480 minutes.

the chart will keep me honest:)

Thanks MM for the awesome chart. :whoo::whoo:I will walk for 30 minutes 4 times a week. Put me down for 480 also.

Thanks again!!

Jackie

Musicalmomma, thanks for putting that chart together!

I was feeling so lazy earlier today...I just wanted to lay on the sofa and watch bad TV...but I got off my ass and went for a 30 minute walk outside (in the 90 degree heat of Miami Beach, AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!). It wasn't a LONG walk, but I just took a shower and now I feel great. It's the best feeling when you don't want to work out, but you do anyway.