Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I don't mean to sound gross but....

I have a capful of powdered Miralax in s cup of herbal tea before bedtime and by morning, all is good with the world. I will use the mirilax if I am on my second day of not going. Also I have a friend who has chronic Constipation and she has taken it every day for years. It is very safe

It's incredibly painful. I was in so much pain I had to have xrays taken to make sure there wasn't anything actually wrong with my insides. Feels like you're being stabbed...to say the absolute least... ???? still haven't gone. Will have to try something else

Yeah I didn't even think that it could be Constipation bc I figured it would be different.. but..... The pain is not ignoreable... It's like tearing stabbing exploding pain

someone on the boards stated she felt like she passed a pineapple..... I laughed and knew what she meant after that first bout w/ constipation. Smooth Move tea or miralax was my go- to early on

Wishing you many flushes.????

So sorry u r going thru this. I'm 4 weeks out and still having issues. Yesterday was awful. Felt like I couldn't even leave the house (and this is about the 3Dr time where I actually almost passed out trying). To me, so far, this is the worst part. Better today (finally) after 2 Colace last night and a strong prescription laxative yesterday morning. I am told once we can have vegetables (fiber) it will get better. I sure hope so or next time I'm going to be in the ER!

I actually had my sleeve done on Monday June 29, 2015. The last movement that I had was on the Sunday morning before due to the bowel prep the day before... Since then, I have not had to go and have been wondering these same things. My nurse told me that I should not worry and to use the Miralax that the doctor prescribed to me to help move things along. She did explain that since I'm on a liquid diet, my first time or two will be all liquid; liquid in = liquid out. I have yet to go since my surgery, and will call the nurse tomorrow if I have not been able to go.

Thing is, I'm not uncomfortable at all, and don't feel the need to go yet. The way I understand it, when my body is ready to go, it will allow me to go. As long as I'm passing gas and urinating without difficulty, there's not much to worry about. I'll update tomorrow though after I speak to the nurse again.

It's incredibly painful. I was in so much pain I had to have xrays taken to make sure there wasn't anything actually wrong with my insides. Feels like you're being stabbed...to say the absolute least... ???? still haven't gone. Will have to try something else

My surgeon was off for the holiday and the office was closed. I ended up in the er at 4am

Yeah I didn't even think that it could be Constipation bc I figured it would be different.. but..... The pain is not ignoreable... It's like tearing stabbing exploding pain

Okay - pain means a problem in this case. I'm really glad you went to the ER. I hope they were able to get things um... moving as it were. My uncle and my dad both had spinal surgery a while ago with my dad they gave him a laxative to take following surgery - with my uncle they didn't and he was soooooo miserable at 4 days out. His wife took him to emergent care and after that things were MUCH better. Anesthesia can really do a number on people unfortunately. And as much as constipation is something we joke about, when it's bad it's actually a real problem no matter how much it seems like it shouldn't be. My brother works in an ER and it's surprising the problems constipation can cause as well as how many times he's had to deal with it. It's not actually something to take lightly when it gets bad even though we all do.

Again - I'm glad you went to the ER.

I used Smooth Move tea and went like there was no tomorrow! Now a couple prunes (dried ones) and I keep on being normal.

I used Smooth Move tea for the first time last night and it did the trick with no bad cramping. Drank it before bed and when I woke up I went within a half hour.

I actually had my sleeve done on Monday June 29, 2015. The last movement that I had was on the Sunday morning before due to the bowel prep the day before... Since then, I have not had to go and have been wondering these same things. My nurse told me that I should not worry and to use the Miralax that the doctor prescribed to me to help move things along. She did explain that since I'm on a liquid diet, my first time or two will be all liquid; liquid in = liquid out. I have yet to go since my surgery, and will call the nurse tomorrow if I have not been able to go.

Thing is, I'm not uncomfortable at all, and don't feel the need to go yet. The way I understand it, when my body is ready to go, it will allow me to go. As long as I'm passing gas and urinating without difficulty, there's not much to worry about. I'll update tomorrow though after I speak to the nurse again.

Okay, well, it must have taken my body to know that I posted on this site because about 30 minutes after, I had success. A small victory and a lot of relief to know that my body is working the way that it should after the Sleeve Gastrectomy. I hope that everyone else eventually can "move" beyond this small hurdle in the process!

And one more thing to those that have not "gone" yet... It seems to be and will continue to be VERY different than it was before the surgery. Just keep that in mind and be prepared for a very "loose" situation when your time comes! ;o) Good luck!!

I didn't go for almost a week and a half after surgery. Never took anything, I was informed that I may only go 1 to 2 times a week, so I didn't worry.

Okay, well, it must have taken my body to know that I posted on this site because about 30 minutes after, I had success. A small victory and a lot of relief to know that my body is working the way that it should after the Sleeve Gastrectomy. I hope that everyone else eventually can "move" beyond this small hurdle in the process!

And one more thing to those that have not "gone" yet... It seems to be and will continue to be VERY different than it was before the surgery. Just keep that in mind and be prepared for a very "loose" situation when your time comes! ;o) Good luck!!

Really?I never heard any of this. Thankfully I had no issues with Constipation. My doc started me on stool softeners in the hospital. Had my first BM 3 days after I came home. Stayed on stool softener for forst 30 days post op. Was back to normal - ish (they were smaller in size) by 1 mths post op. Nearly 9 mths post op, I am as regular as I was pre-op with no assistance needed.

I would recommend adding some natural Fiber to the diet ASAP. If you are on full liquids try adding some psyllium powder or even a bit of chopped spinach to your drinks. Blended in a nutra bullet you wont even taste it. Also make sure you are getting in your Water.

Yeah it really does suck to have to deal with this.. I had better luck today but that was after trying literally everything humanly possible! Hope you have better luck in the coming weeks!

Well at least you're not in pain. I had an xray to make sure I didn't have anything foreign or torn in my lower belly. That's how bad it hurt me :( I got my sleeve the day after you, i literally have NO pain in my pouch OR my incisions which is good. But the pain from the Constipation is enough to make me feel like I'm dying! Yuckkk