Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I don't mean to sound gross but....

I was in the emergency room this morning and apparently I'm having pains from not going in 4 days... I got my sleeve Tuesday and still haven't gone. Tried mineral oil, softeners, benefiber, Water, and haven't taken any pain pills. Help!!

Try Milk of Magnesia it works very well.

Ladycook - I'm jealous that you just need to take 1 colace and poop! I regularly take 3 colace a day as my surgeon recommends and despite that and additional meds my problem remains. This is the only postsurgery problem I have and all the solutions work 1x and then stop. Ah well. I'm assuming that as I continue to take miralx plus amitiza plus add more vegetables this will eventually change but right now it is stil taking extra measures on day 4 to finally go -- and that 4th day is not fun. Not sure what I wil do on vacation. Ugh

Ladycook - I'm jealous that you just need to take 1 colace and poop! I regularly take 3 colace a day as my surgeon recommends and despite that and additional meds my problem remains. This is the only postsurgery problem I have and all the solutions work 1x and then stop. Ah well. I'm assuming that as I continue to take miralx plus amitiza plus add more vegetables this will eventually change but right now it is stil taking extra measures on day 4 to finally go -- and that 4th day is not fun. Not sure what I wil do on vacation. Ugh

Well, I will take one Colace a day until I go. It's taken 3 days before I actually went.

Judy,

Expect vacation to be a challenge...vacation always threw me off before surgery and post surgery it was awful! I was sleeved Oct 8th and felt pretty good by Thanksgiving, but was still only "going" like once a week ????, on vacation, over Thanksgiving weekend, I was out to 10 days and it was painful! laxatives did not help right away...I had not been taking anything before I left and I regretted that! I am now 10 months out and I take a probiotic daily and don't have any problems now but way back then it was a problem!

Oy! I am worried about that for this vacation. The extra medications work but they lead to explosive episodes -- not something for vacation. And last time took 16 hours so I can't even find a time that would work prior to vacation. I take Probiotics every day. I now am taking Miralax everyday. I take amitza, a prescription medicine every day. I pill isn't enough and 2 leads to awful explosions. Ny day 4 i am very uncomfortable and my stomach is bloated - and I'll be wearing a bathing suit at times on this vacation. Nothing seems to work! Ahhhh!!!