Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just had surgery yesterday

I just had surgery yesterday how long does it take for the pain to let up? I feel like I got ran over by a semi... I'm always so tired and I'm trying to drink as much Water as possible but I can only sip it between naps. Any advice will be helpful

Sounds like you right on track. Congrats.

Sorry did not read about pain, I had very little pain.

I had some pain/discomfort. The worst of it was probably in the first 5 days. Congrats and good luck.

Keep up on pain meds. I took mine for the first 2 days home. I am a week out and my big incision where my stomach came out still hurts a little. Sip sip sip. Each day you'll be able to sip more and more. I felt like I was doubling my amount each day. You might feel an indigestion pain when drinking or eating. Just slow it down!

You DID just have major surgery, were you really expecting to be out of pain already? Hang in there and it will get better every day. Take your pain meds as instructed for at least a few days and then you can wean off.

Sounds like you are exactly on schedule. Good luck!

I have been walking and trying to get in as much fluids I can in between naps. I also have been having a fever which probably hasn't made me feel any better. I'm trying to do the incentive speromator(probably not spelled right) to help prevent pneumonia but it does hurt to breath. I have had 4 csections, tubal, gall bladder removal and this by far is worse.

I think pain is probably a little different for everyone. While my stomach hurt....like a horrible ab workout... or maybe more appropriately, someone took a sledge hammer to my abs, I didn't find that pain to be too awful. I think I was most annoyed that my through was sore from being intubated. I thought my pain significantly improved every two days. But I didn't use any pain meds in the hospital or at home. Maybe I used the vicodin for a little help sleeping on my back since I am a belly sleeper :) Hang in there, it gets better!

Yes I think everyone is different for sure. I had a hysterectomy about 8 weeks before the sleeve and I felt pretty good, this surgery kicked my butt pretty hard. I felt ok on if meds but when I switched over in the hospital to liquid pain meds it was hard for me. I also don't know if it was the way I was positioned during surgery or if I pulled a muscle but my right side under my shoulder blade down really hurt. I was pretty bruised too. Still have bruising and I am on my fourth week. I also had hiatal hernia repair at the same time.

I had surgery last tuesday. Tuesday and Wednesday were bad. After that felt fine and used no pain meds until Monday when my staples starting causing painful discomfort. Got them out today and feeling good.