Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can someone help me I'm 5 days post out and I want food my daughter cooks for everyone and I want to eat what they are eating I'm not hungry but it seems I could eat anyway I know they have to eat and I chose to do this but does it get any better

It does get better! Can you go to another room or go outside and sit while they eat? Promise it gets easier when you can finally eat something in a week or so - even pureed. Don't eat too early. Wait for your dr to say ok.

You are so close and if you have gotten this far you can do it! I think that first week is the toughest. It'll get easier. I can sit down now with a pie right in front of me and it doesn't phase me. I haven't had dessert win yet! Just remember you are going to be so happy with the results. It's coming!!

The first few days, I didn't care what anyone ate. Once I started really feeling weak because I was only getting liquids, I started really wanting to be able to eat normal food. I wasn't hungry, I just wanted to eat and feel healthy and normal.

A few days after that, when I was really feeling better from surgery, it got a bit easier. I still sometimes wish to be able to eat normally, but I recognize that it won't be long before I can. Starting on puree has made it easier as well, because I feel like I get to eat some real food. Again, I've heard it only gets better once you go from soft to normal.

I'm still very much going through it like you, but I trust the people on here when they say it gets better, as I've found it has as the days go by :)

I am with you, Bobbie! I'm one week post op sleeve and I want nothing more than to eat! I'm hanging tough with the liquids tho. Try SF popsicles....at least it's a "normal" food and will get your mind off the other foods for a bit. Hang in there with me!

I know I think if I would at least get soft foods I'd feel better

I feel the same way! For me it's only been 4 days since my operation and I want to eat! I've never noticed before how many commercials on TV are about food!

But I keep thinking about the people I know who have had this procedure and they eat normal foods now, just smaller portions.

Like even a slice of pizza, a burrito every now and then.

We just want our stomachs to heal up right now so we don't hurt our bodies.

I'm 6 days post op gny and I don't want to eat. I was minor my hungry tonight but 4 sips of Soup fixed that.

I felt the same way after surgery. It got really bad around a week and a half out. Finally I took a bite of pork chop, chewed it up and sucked out all the flavor then spit out the meat. Hehe, gotta do what ya gotta do!

I'm trying to be good. But man my kids meatloaf was calling my name!

I sat on the back porch this evening while my family was inside enjoying grilled steaks and grilled vegetables. It smelled soooo good. I am two weeks post op and can have soft foods in one week. This is the first time it has bothered me. Before this I would even cook for everyone from time to time.

Yeah I e been out to eat numerous times and I'm not sure why it bothered me now. But I'm just bored of the liquids I think. At least with mushy food I can purée it and eat it!!

Yeah I e been out to eat numerous times and I'm not sure why it bothered me now. But I'm just bored of the liquids I think. At least with mushy food I can purée it and eat it!!

I think for me it's boredom also of the small variety. At this point I don't even want to eat (drink) anything but I do force myself. We just have to remember this is a very small time frame in a lifetime of good health. My desire for my stomach to heal is greater than my desire for different food. We must not let our negative mind rule over our positive mind.