Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight lost over time

Premier is sold at costco, walgreens(some), Sams club, online... I get it online. Free shipping through Costco website and order in bulk.

I'm pre-op so I may not be an authority on this just yet, but perhaps not losing lots so quickly is a good thing? Perhaps the stalls every now and then will help you regulate the weight loss in the long-term; losing lots of weight quickly could lead to excess skin etc., perhaps the stalls will mean you lose weight over a longer period, leading to an ultimately better lifestyle? After all, it's a marathon, not a sprint.

And I like what @ said, and I think this could be very true -- RELAX! Perhaps the stalls are being brought on by mental stress/anxiety over weight loss, too? Try relaxing and let nature take its course and enjoy your new life without overthinking it. If we can give ourselves knots in our stomachs, Constipation etc. from mental stress/anxiety, it's possible for us bariatric patients this could lead to stalling too?

Dont fret about how much others lose month to month. If it's coming off, thats a good sign. You will hit platue after platue, its part of the whole process. The trick is to push though the stalls, change the types of food you're putting in, and excersise as much as possible. Im 2 years out, stalled many times. And others are right, its a mental game just as much as a physical one. Good luck dude!

On surgery day, I was 415. My first month loss below counts the 2-week pre-op diet (before hitting 415) Also keep in mind that I had already lost 100lbs before surgery during insurance requirements)

Loss by month, starting with preop diet:

1st month: 30

2nd: 17

3rd: 25

4th: 15

5th: 15

6th: 13

7th: 17

8th: 13

9th: 11

10th (currently in): 10 so far with 1 more weigh in this weekend

I'm speechless.

Unreal numbers !!!!

How do you feel now ?

At some point, the scale and tape measure became very unreliable. I knew I was putting on muscle, but the scale wasn't moving. Excess skin made the tape measure unreliable too, so I got a set of plastic calipers off Amazon and started doing skin fold body fat testing. That told me what I suspected, my percentage of body fat was dropping, but my weight wasn't.

So that is what I am watching, do the test every 10 days. If I stay the same for 20 days, I go over my diet/exercise log and see what needs to be tweaked. I am thinking of doing some experiments from the caloriecoach.com site and if I come up with any results I'll pass those on.

I'm speechless.

Unreal numbers !!!!

How do you feel now ?

Thank you!

I feel so much better than I used to. The change has been amazing. I've hit my initial goal of being under 250 (245 as I write this) and am shooting for 215, if possible, to have lost 300lbs.

Damn Boombalatty that is just awesome man!

You give me hope. 395 now and still 2 months to go before surgery. I have an appointment this Thursday and will ask how I will be on liquid diet and what my doc considers a liquid diet. I know it was mixing up something that either made a Soup or pudding but whatever they gave you was ALL you could have. If I remember correctly from the last time I tried this.

Keep us posted on how you are doing I am very interested.

Edited by 395Ron

Thanks, @395Ron.

Good luck on the liquid diet and your journey.

The pre-op diet I was on was pretty much low-carb Protein shakes, broth/boullion, and sugar-free popsicles. We could choose whatever we liked, though, as long as the shakes had >15g Protein and <6g carbs. Also, you had the option to have one small solid meal a day (meat and green veg only), if you wanted, up until 2-3 days before surgery, then it was liquid only. Pickles were also allowed up until 2-3 days before surgery. I ended up doing all liquids except 3 smallish pickles with mustard a day until 3 days before surgery.

That kinda sucks if they force you to eat (drink) whatever they sell instead of letting you choose what you like that meets the same nutrition requirements.

I'm speechless.

Unreal numbers !!!!

How do you feel now ?

Thank you!

I feel so much better than I used to. The change has been amazing. I've hit my initial goal of being under 250 (245 as I write this) and am shooting for 215, if possible, to have lost 300lbs.

Killer results.

You've gotta feel so much better, now !!!!

I keep a spreadsheet of everything I eat by meal (Breakfast, lunch, dinner, or snack) and track my macronutrients. I pull the data off MyFitnessPal. Every week I pull a report and add it to my table. I then have pivots showing me my average Protein intake by meal, day, week, or month. I also have a calculation to show % of calories that come from Protein, carbs, and fat. Lastly I have a graph of my weight loss.

Weight_Graph.jpg

Unfortunately I didn't start using MyFitnessPal until sometime in May, so while I have my weight starting from surgery I do not have macronutrients logged in. Here is an example of one of my pivots:

Macronutrient.jpg

Of course, this is from Excel, so the formatting does not transfer well into forums, but you get the idea.

One thing I should mention, the times when I did not lose weight coincide with the times that I get the most compliments. I think it has to do with our bodies changing shape/moving fat deposits. Now that I am 6 months out, I am on a pretty steady 3 lbs a week weight loss.

EDIT - dang it, that is not what it looked like when I was pasting that stuff in. All formatting was lost. I'll tinker with that.

EDIT AGAIN - took screen shots.

Edited by BigViffer

I really need to do a month to month weight loss chart. I keep a weekly one on excel but I don't have that with me now. in total I am down 125 pounds in 11 months. last 2 months or so I have been slowing way way way down. almost to goal!

Well, my month to month numbers came from the app I use - My Weight Tracker. I log it once a week on Sunday, but the app has a view that shows change by month (which you can expand to show all your entries that month). I like the app as it also shows a moving average and trend line on the graph with a projected time to goal. I also use a spreadsheet for occasional measurements and MyFitnessPal for spot checking calories. (I was religious for a while, but only check occasionally now...I probably should start back to logging more.)

July 10-Started pre op diet at 307.

July 23-Sleeved, weight was 291.
Oct 5-Weight is 248.5.

Sleeved 5/28. Highest weight 337, 327 day of operation, 274 today. At month two, I hit a 3 week stall that really scrambled my head. Weight (and hair) then started coming off more regularly after that. I average a 2#/week loss. I wish it was more as I'm working out 5-6 days per week but my doc is good with the rate.