Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Week 3 puréed diet, how much could you eat?

I wasn't permitted to eat that much -- my plan called for 3 tablespoons of food max per meal on purees. Once I accidentally ate more (used the wrong measuring spoon) -- got a little more than 1/4 cup -- and I got the foamies and was so miserable for hours. I think a half cup would have been physically impossible for me.

I went back and looked at my food journal from that time period. The amount I could eat depended on what it was. If it was something thin like hot and sour Soup, then yes I could eat a cup. If it was something like refried Beans, I could get between 1/4 and 1/2 a cup at most.

I'm currently in week 3... and I'm eating 1/4 to 1/2 cup each meal. .. fine.

I'm about a month out and just finishing the pureed phase...I've been able to get in almost a 1/2 cup without problem. Though I'm mostly weighing my food in grams lately, so I'm not totally positive the cup/volume equivalent.

I am 3 weeks out today. It seems to depend on what I'm eating. Usually only getting 1/4 to 1/3 cup but then I still seem hungry. Today I got in 1/2 cup of refried Beans and it was a perfect amount! Then at dinner I only got in 2 Tablespoons if Ricotta Bake. I wasn't really hungry (had a shake as snack about 3 hours earlier) but I felt I should eat to get more Protein. Probably not the best decision but I did put the dish away after I realized I was satisfied.

I was told to never go over 1/3 a cup for the first 3 months.

I just finished the puréed stage and I never measured per cups but I always had 2oz of Protein and 1/4 cup of fruit or veggies.

Tonight was my first night of purées. I had 2.5 tbsp of chicken blended with mayo and cottage cheese and about 2 tbsp of apple sauce. It took me about 1.5 hours to eat it (slow like a tortoise) with the goal of avoiding unpleasantness. My plan suggests anywhere between 4-6 tbsp max per meal for the next two weeks.

What is it that all you are eating I started my pureed stage today but dint know what to eat so just had full liquids still

I start Wednesday and I am planning to start my first few days with 2 tbsp of pureed tuna salad or 2 tbsp of pureed egg salad, and 2 tbsp of applesauce. I will only add a little light mayo and a little greek yogurt to the meat salads, plus seasoning. I may also try pureeing yellow squash (skins removed) with a teeny bit of butter or a small amount of sweet potato (maybe 1tbsp) I would do carrots, but I am not crazy about cooked carrots. I love broccoli but can't have that yet. Do you have a nutritionist ? I am meeting with mine via Skype on Wednesday. I plan to ask him for more ideas.

Here is my post from a similar topic earlier today and i can't get more than 1/4 c of food or more than 1 egg at a time.

I'm 19 days post op and my days look kind of like this...

Protein drink first thing

a couple hours later - an egg of some sort all mashed up

lunch - 1/4c cottage cheese or chicken salad chopped up super super fine or 1/4c refried Beans with a little cheese

snack - 1 laughing cow creamy swiss cheese wedge

maybe another serving of 1/4c cottage cheese or chicken salad chopped up super super fine or 1/4c refried Beans with a little cheese if i get hungry

One more Protein Drink in evening

I can't eat more than 1/4c of food at a time so i'm still pretty low with my calories. Usually 600-700 per day.