Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Soooo I'm getting bored drinking the same Protein shake.... and I need some suggestions on what other Protein Shakes or whatever I can drink.. I been drinking the brand "designer whey Protein Powder chocolate "kind and I bought another Protein Shake from Walmart but it was nasty. And also bought the off brand of slim fast meal shakes....

Premier Protein...pre made... I love the chocolate. Also liked the strawberry pre op but can't stand it now. Never tried the vanilla. I get mine at costco (18 pack for $25 )

Add flavorings. Torani sugar-free syrups. Extracts. For example, few drops of peppermint extract turns chocolate Protein into Mint Choclate Chip... Torani has amazing flavors. SlimFast is CRAP, it is way too high carb for the amount of Protein.< /p>

Edited by liannatx

I add various flavor extracts like vanilla, mint, raspberry, coconut, etc. I also like PB2, unsweetened cocoa powder, cinnamon, and decaffeinated instant coffee. Unjury chicken Soup flavored Protein mix is good when you get sick of sweet Protein Drinks.< /p>

I also LOVE the premier Protein chocolate shake. It reminds me of the taste of Swiss Miss hot chocolate... just cold, obviously.

The way to go is to doctor your shakes up a little for some variety. Throw in a little PB, some ice, and blend it together in a blender. You can add a banana to liven it up a little too.

I am in the Liver Reduction portion of the plan, so I'm drinking 5 Protein shakes a day.

What I do is buy Jello sugar free / Fat Free pudding mix flavors to mix it up some. I have Vanilla Bariatric Advantage shake mix, Water, then add a couple of ice cubes, then a teaspoon of the Jello mix (they have chocolate, lemon, butterscotch, cheesecake, white chocolate, etc). That little teaspoon really changes the flavor of the shake and keeps it from being so boring.....works for me at least!! Just be sure to buy the sugar free/ fat free version!

What is the "liver reduction" part ? I have never heard of this ....

What is the "liver reduction" part ? I have never heard of this ....

It's the 2 week pre-op diet designed to reduce your liver..... supposedly the surgeon has to lift your liver and move it to the side to do the sleeve, so if it's "fatty" then it can cause issues. They put you on a pre-op diet of Protein shakes to get your body into Ketosis so your liver is leaner and easier to manage during surgery

Oh yeah - I did that too- guess i had never heard it called that ????