Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 week liver reduction diet

Can someone help me with a meal plan I have to start July 1, 2015

I'm curious to see what's recommended as well. I start on the 24th if June.

Here are some examples that I got from the girls at the weight loss clinic. Hope this helps.post-254930-14345322214834_thumb.jpg post-254930-14345322352796_thumb.jpg post-254930-14345322483953_thumb.jpg post-254930-14345322675341_thumb.jpg

This is what I got from my clinic. The second picture is the full liquid diet I have to do for the last 3 days.post-112468-14345528454252_thumb.jpg post-112468-14345528649122_thumb.jpg

Your very welcome. If you need anymore help/advice you can message me, no question is out of bounds. If I know the answer I'll tell you or hopefully where to possibly look for answer. Your goal should be if you going to have the surgery get yourself as educated as possible. It will make your journey seem a lot easier. My wife has anxiety so I understand your husbands point of view, but he most likely never understand it and hopefully never be able to. Most people who don't have anxiety don't understand and shouldn't say they do, because it's one of those things that if you don't have it you will most likely not ever completely understand. He will at best like me understand how it effects your relationship. The best he can do is admit he doesn't know what your going through and just keep supporting you and hang in there it could be a rough road. Hopefully he will see how important loosing weight for your health is to you, and he still can be amazing support just he will need to keep an open mind and communicate with you if he has concerns don't let things fester. There will be enough stressful things to handle no need to make more. Also you need to be doing this for YOURSELF and your health. Even as you go through the period before surgery you most likely learn a lot about yourself and the people currently in your life and also you'll meet new acquaintances along the way. I wish you great succession your journey. Best of luck. Brian

Kaye21 your surgery is the same day as mine right July 15

Yes.

Interesting. My pre-op diet was basically as little fat and carbs as possible: Protein shake (>15g Protein w/ <5g carb) for Breakfast, low-fat meat and 2c low-carb veg for lunch, Protein Shake for snack, low-fat meat and low-carb veg for dinner, Protein Shake for snack. We certainly weren't allowed juice, Carnation Instant Breakfast, or cream of wheat. I averaged 800 to 1000 calories daily, and it probably would have been less except that I hated the Protein shakes so much that sometimes I'd have low-fat meat instead. Does your surgeon have their own guidelines? If there's one thing I've learned on these boards is that every program has such different requirements.

Just a reminder - every doctor seems to have different rules so be sure you follow your own doctors rules. They have their own specific rules for a reason.

Thanks for sharing the ideas guys. I believe every surgeon have different diets but the same goal. Some of them are ridiculous to follow that's why I was interested in other surgeons recommendations to have a variety. I myself cannot force eat that only me crave harder so I must have options that's within the realms of the expected calorie intake. Appreciate everyone's perspective!

I get to do the liquid diet too. YAY! (note: that's sarcasm!) I have heard that the first few days are the worst, though.

I found my supply of Protein powders that I really enjoy. It's Isopure zero carb. I got mine on Amazon. There's a variety of flavors. My nutritionist said I should only do half a scoop of it since each full serving has 50g of protein in it. So, roughly 14 servings cost me about $20. Not too bad in my book.

Isopure also makes drinks. I got some. Let me just say that they are an acquired taste. They taste good, but have a funky aftertaste. A friend of mine who also had bypass told me how to make it palatable: make it into a Julius. Using a ninja bullet blender, fill it 1/3 with ice, 1/2 of a 20 oz bottle of Isopure, a splash of milk, 1.5 teaspoons of Stevia, and a teaspoon of vanilla. Whirl it up and there you go. Delicious!