Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 29th Bypass Surgery

It's so hard cutting out the carbs ! Potatoes Pasta and brown rice are my weakness. So far I've had a can of potato Soup that lasted 2 days and it was yummy. Since I am off purée and back to solid food again,

I need some recipes, what are you finding is a good Protein meal ? I'm a chicken girl & was told it's too dry for me now ( not a seafood person)

Also, yes I had gastric bypass :) Do bake chicken then grind it with 1 T cr. of mushroom low sodium soup just tasted so good.

Hey guys

I'm trying not to panic but could use some advice. I took a shower this morning and while I was bathing under my tummy it burned. When I got out I lifted my tummy and saw a HUGE rash!!! I haven't noticed it thus far but it's unbelievable! It looks so inflamed but I didn't even know it was there. I have been so focused on my incisions that I never lifted my tummy to check it out. I put baby powder on it and already have an spot with my dr tomorrow. What do you think it's caused from? ????

I'm not sure, I hope it's nothing & goes away fast. I'd try some hydrocortisone cream as well.

Thanks for the tip Peg!

Also, does it still hurt for you to drink Water ? That issue came back for me.

Edited by TeeNahh

Anyone else's weight loss slow down? I've only lost 2 pounds this week. I guess I shouldn't complain, but it was nice to see the weight "melting" off for the first two weeks. But that was probably just Water weight.

Yes! I didn't lose any for like a week, but the last 3 days or so I've been down every day. So I think it might just be the first plateau because our bodies are still in shock

Ok, glad I'm not the only one :) I figured it was a plateau. I was also worried I wasn't getting enough Protein in. I'm afraid that I'm going to get another kidney stone! I'll try to slowly increase my protein intake this week and see how it goes. I've only been eating the 3 small meals and none go over 200 calories so I should be losing weight. Maybe it's time I get my butt in gear and start exercising.

I had an entire week where I didn't lose. Then I was told I could eat normal (no steak or raw veggies/fruit) and I have since started dropping again. Also, started my period so keep that in mind too

Oh yeah...about that pesky period...it's JUST ending for me, and it started 3 weeks ago. Maybe that's my problem too. Surgery messed me up big time with that. I've never had a period that long!

I had my period the second week I came home. It was like normal.. Five days and done.

Edited by IamKe69

When I went in for my check up my doc said that since we're not used to drinking all our fluids yet, were actually 5-6 pounds less than our actual weight, but would notice it in the coming weeks, and not to worry. I had my period the week after I came home and I think it definitely stopped my weight loss, because now it's going down again, but during, I didn't lose a pound that week.

Are you ladies exercising ? I've been doing walking but I can't lie and say I'm doing it everyday. Lol

Also how everyone's pain/discomfort in the belly area going ?

Edited by TeeNahh

I'm not doing a lot of exercising. I still get tired if I do too much. We are at the beginning stages of moving so I am slightly active. I took more walks when I was recovering, to be honest. Now I'm just trying to return to normalcy.

I'm glad I'm not the only one, I feel better ! Lol I'm always down for a nap lately , and I can't wait to feel normal again either. When's that gonna happen again ?! ????????????