Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 29th Bypass Surgery

I had a Gastric Bypass as well... Since I was on the puréed stage of my diet I was able to tolerate eggs. I use to be able to eat 2-3 eggs, but now I'm lucky if I finish the entire egg. I am on the soft diet now and last night I ate scramble eggs, thin grits, and a half piece of liver mush. I tolerated it well. I still took my time to make sure that I was chewing everything good as well.

Ohhh good point! It's number one on my dr approved mushy list so I was just going off of that but you are so right. Thank you!

Here's a recipe packed with Protein my hubby made for me last night. It was so good my kids ate it for dinner also.

1 tablespoon olive oil

2 pounds chicken pieces

1 large onion chopped

1 carrot chopped

garlic lots and lots of garlic 3 cloves min

1/2cup dried lentils green

1/2 cup dried red lentils

2 cups Water

1 tbsp better then bullion chicken flavored

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 cup diced tomatoes

1/2 tablspoon black pepper

1 tablespoon fresh basil

1 tablespooen hot sauce

1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper

Brown chicken in oil then remove chicken, in same pan add garlic onions and carrots, once soft add lentils and cook about 3 mins on med high add in red pepper and all seasoning minus basil add bullion and tomatoes let cook until everything comes together 2-3 mins stir is Water slowly let simmer on low 35-40 mins covered then stir is basil and chicken cut up turn off heat and wait 5 mins and eat.

That's about 30 grams of Protein and 2 grams of fat about 300calories and 35 carbs 30 of which is Fiber it's super great diet food packed with flavor and very filling that's enough to serve my family.

Hope this helps some of you! It was absolutely delicious. And packed with Fiber and protein!

First day of pureed/soft foods for me today, finally! Hah. Made a scrambled egg for Breakfast, seriously got like 2.5 bites in before I felt way too full, haha

I could eat a lot more when I was doing the full liquids it seemed like... but once it has some substance to it I can't have much

I feel like I can eat more too smiley bear. I never feel "stuffed" either but it could be because I'm scared to vomit.

I started having what feels like reflux last night...I think it was the lentils!! And also I have pain underneath my right shoulder blade that is a burning feeling. I had my gallbladder out in April so it's definitely not that. I called my dr today and they're having me come in tomorrow because what I'm describing "does not make sense." Go figure. Ugh. I took some of the liquid pain mess left over from surgery to try to ease the pain. It did go away, but then about 10 minutes ago I was laying down trying to go to sleep and my diaphragm started cramping and the pain in my back escalated. I got up and the pain went away within 2 minutes. Ugh!!! WTH!!!

Wow, I'm sorry, that is really scary. I hope it is nothing serious.

Mine has me on it for 2 months