Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May Sleevers check in

Hi, I had my VSG on May 6. I would love to hear from some of my fellow May sleevers... How are you doing now?

I had mine 5/11/15. I'm doing great. I stalled for about a week but as of now I think I am back on track to losing more!!

How are you?

I am doing great, thanks! It's almost scary how normal I feel. I can tolerate any type and consistency of food. I definitely am eating much less, however, my weight loss seems to be stalled. I have lost 16lbs since surgery and honestly was hoping for a bit more. My aches and pains have been gone since about week 3 but still feel like I should proceed with caution when lifting/working out...just mainly walking.

Hello! I had my surgery on 5/19/15. Wow! I can't believe it's almost been a month! I lost 40 lbs so far and I have also hit a stall recently. I just saw the scale move for the first time in a week today, so I hope I'm past it. I just focused on getting my Water and Protein in for the day while. I also made sure I was eating 600-800 calories a day. I've read where people during week 4 and 5 increased to 900-1000 and it helped them break through their stall. But the main thing is to go by what you're surgeon or nutritionist tells you.

@@GAC Don't get discouraged! Just make sure you're sticking with the plan. Don't worry about your numbers in the short term. It's good that you lose the weight gradually or you may run into skin issues later. Be sure you're tracking your food consumption so you can make sure you have a good Protein-Carbs-Fat balance. Glad to meet a fellow Texan! I hope everything works out for you!

Hello Everyone!

It's been a while since I've logged on, hope everyone is well!

I was sleeved on May 4th. My journey was for sure a bumpy one but doing much better now. I believe the last time I logged on I had posted that I was really ill, I was admitted back into the hospital because the hiatal hernia repair was too narrow and I was unable to keep anything down, I threw up so much I began to taste blood, I had a second procedure where they opened the area with a ballon so now I can eat and drink! I'm happy to report that it's been three weeks with no throwing up and I'm down 32lbs.

Seems I'm at a stall as well with weight loss but I'll just keep pressing on with walking and trying to get my liquids down, who knew it would be so hard! I no longer crave rich sweets such as cake and brownies but have been told they could return.

For those who did not have complications and concerned about not losing enough, I'd have to say it's probably better to lose the slower healthier route than go through what I've been through with drastic weight loss cause you can't eat or drink anything.

Monday marked 6 weeks for me so I can eat regularly now.

Starting weight at time that I began classes: 242

Currently: 202

Again wishing everyone well on your weight loss journey!

Edited by Ms. Kay's New Life

Hi, down 37 pounds or so after being sleeved May 16.

I'm 68lbs. down after being sleeved on May 6th. I'm really happy with the progress, but haven't started exercising yet. Gym bag is packed and in my trunk, membership to gym is in place -- I just can't seem to make myself get started! Any advice or insight? :)

@@GAC - me too! How are you doing, almost 7 months post.

@@LosingSomeLisa - I just located this part of BP. I was sleeved the same day as well. our stats are pretty close.

How are you doing now?

Is the weight loss slowing for you too?

@@jane13 - You're RIGHT! We're about dead on it both height and weight lose -- I was at 79lbs. as of last Friday. Weight loss has slowed to a crawl for me, but it's still coming off. Today is my first day going to the gym (I wanted to wait until I was under 200lbs and the weight loss slowed --- probably flawed logic), so hopefully with a consistent workout routine the weight loss will pick back up! Congratulations on your awesome success!!

@@LosingSomeLisa you are doing awesome as well. I am losing now around 6-7 pounds a month. I have a personal goal of -100 by new years. I am doing the holiday challenge. I haven't made the goal I set for the last two challenges. I am hoping third time is the charm. I am due to see doctor in January and would love to be in the 170s.

@@jane13 Since we're really close to the same height, sizes are probably about the same too -- I've gone from a 20 to a size 10. Yay! My goal was 90lbs. by Christmas, and I think I might just make it! That puts me at 185 -- this is so exciting, isn't it? A year ago this was all just a dream! What holiday challenge are you talking about? I'd love to do that! (P.S. I got on the scale the day after Thanksgiving AFTER I ate Breakfast and was down 2lbs. from the previous week -- I thought I was going to cry, I was so happy. Can't remember a Thanksgiving where that has ever happened!)

Edited by LosingSomeLisa

it's on the sleeve discussion board. @@stephh has very kindly set it up for us.

unfortunately I am not quite as tall apparently I am just under 5'8" now. I am in some 12s, mostly 13s

I was sleeved on May 12th, I am down 94lbs as of today. I do go to the gym 5 days a week, it does help make me feel better, I want to tone some of my muscles. My weight has slowed as well, which is a good thing, I was getting a little nervous about that, however I am still losing. My goal is to be 100lbs by New Years as well. Good Luck to you both.

@@LosingSomeLisa you are doing awesome as well. I am losing now around 6-7 pounds a month. I have a personal goal of -100 by new years. I am doing the holiday challenge. I haven't made the goal I set for the last two challenges. I am hoping third time is the charm. I am due to see doctor in January and would love to be in the 170s.