Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my surgery the 25th. I think I was a bit unrealistic in my expectations that I would be a bit sore but otherwise normal by postop day 1. In actuality I have had more incisional pain (particularly on the left side of my stomach) and the pain meds have made me very sleepy. Today I am just taking Tylenol as my pain has decreased. As far as a BM goes, I just started passing gas yesterday and had a small one today. I'm also learning to pace the fluids as I get more pain/nausea if I drink too fast. Trying to get all my Water in, but yesterday was only 40 oz. hoping today is better!

@@chelleshocked, I'm with you on the warm fluids! They seem to go down much easier than cold ones!

I am struggling to get my fluids in. Been doing about. to 40oz so far. I bought the Isopure Protein Water and i am so sick of it.

Started full liquid yesterday and hated it. I'll try another mixture today. I bought the unflavored powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury and i hate it.

Been doing allot of walking. Just wish i could get this protein/ h2o in..

Nope. I know that being on the IV adds a bunch of Water weight...and the body is recovering. Weight is irrelevant right now. So, no scale for me. I will weigh myself at 1 week out. One thing that I am worried about is that a have a huge lump/swelling on my left side. It is not at an incision site. It is between the big incision and the one above it on left side...about at the bottom of my left ribs. All my bruising and swelling is pretty much gone. That particular lump, about the size of a baseball is still there. No redness, no fever...I showed it to nurse at hospital and she said not to worry, it will go away...still waiting for it to do so. No change at all yet.

Hmm. No idea what that lump is. But for the most part if there is no redness/swelling or warmth they don't worry about it. Just remember to show md at your follow up.

I have a swollen lump too! That's where the most of my pain has been. It's less swollen today, but about the size of a dinner roll. Mines in the same place on the left side so I guess we're somewhat normal??!

Not to be happy about anyone else having the lump, bit it does make me feel better!

Hi everyone!!! Day 1-4 has not been the greatest for me but I'm feeling much better today.... Been able to sip Water, protein shakes, and tea.... I find that sipping ginger and peppermint tea has been helping my horrific gas pain situation tremendously along with walking of course... I'm on Tylenol with codeine for pain every 4 hours for pain and it works well...so glad to hear everyone is ok post op!!!

My incisions feel fine what is bothering me is my throat from the tube. It feels better when I suck on ice pops. No problems getting in my Protein and Water. Went to the grocery store today with my parents and it felt great to get out and walk around. Walking around my neighborhood okay. 6 pounds down since surgery. I can't wait to go on full fluids on Wednesday. I am going back to work on the 6th, I am actually looking forward to it.

How is everyone else doing?

Doing much better today! I have already got half my fluids and Protein in. Not feeling the "stuck" feeling today if I drank more than 2 oz in 15 mins.

My incisions are good except the big one. It's much better today but if I move wrong OUCH!

Hope everyone is healing well! :)

Had a good day so far. But the Constipation started today. Took a little magcitrate but has not kicked in yet. I am scared to take too much so soon post opp. How did i get constipated only drinking fluids. This is annoying..

I'm June 24th!!

I'm so excited to have milk tomorrow!!!!!!

Ok. Had my surgery yesterday. Was inn my room by 1130am. So far so good. Pain is minimal but the nausea and heaving and hiccups is what has been getting me. Especially after i move. On iv fluids so have been in and out of the bathroom. Also i have been up and walking. No gas issues. Having my upper gi this morning then i can try liquid diet..good luck every one.

The hiccups were hell!!!!

I cried so much because for those damn hiccups